Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2021, 11:37 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,346 times

Advertisements

What say you?

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...n-10-new-cases
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2021, 11:47 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Where did it specify about the unvaccinated? All I saw was people who aren't fully vaccinated account for 3/4th of all hospitalizations and deaths. There's a ton of people who had the vaccine but didn't get the booster. Are those people being counted as fully vaccinated? I would think not.

At any rate, my mother personally knows someone on a ventilator who was fully vaccinated. Don't let a vaccine fool you into letting your guard down. It doesn't make you invincible. Far from it. Best thing to do while this thing virus is going it's thing is keep your distance, wash your hands, don't put your hands near your face while your out, wear a mask if you want... I'm sure most people know what they should do, but it is up to them to do it for themselves.

If you are young and healthy though, don't let COVID stop you from living your best life. This is not the Spanish flu. This is not small pox. Life will go on for 99% of those who get it (even better odds if you are young and healthy). Unfortunately, I know some people who will also carry with them scars going forward. Some people do have long lasting damage as a result. A lot to be mindful of, but I think we can all decide for ourselves which course of action is best for us when it comes to defending ourselves from COVID.

Old 11-27-2021, 06:07 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
This is a bad surge in Michigan, 3% of the population and 10% of the cases, it doesn't take much to overwhelm the hospital system. Very low vaccination rate at 54% and as usual the unvaccinated are responsible for 75% of the hospitalizations and deaths, higher percentage in other states.

Old 11-27-2021, 06:31 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
This is what is needed. It’s good for the unvaccinated to catch it and get immunity.

Old 11-27-2021, 08:29 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
And?

Does that somehow change my survivability rate of 99.86% should I contract covid with whatever probability (which only lowers my risk in total probability)?

Old 11-27-2021, 11:41 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And?

Does that somehow change my survivability rate of 99.86% should I contract covid with whatever probability (which only lowers my risk in total probability)?
I would be surprised if those pushing the vaccine will have a response to your question. But, as you already know, it does not change your chance of dying from COVID any variant.

What I have seen happening is that hospitals that claim someone died "with" COVID or "maybe with" COVID can get reimbursement from the federal government. I saw a lot of illegals dying from/with COVID which was attributed not to the stroke, the heart attacks, etc, but due to COVID. Think the uninsured of any legality or not with serious medical issues.

When the funds dry up for calling it COVID..................

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...h-back-better/

A lot of those hospitals were struggling prior to the "pandemic" which has been a real winner for them. And, a huge winner for big pharma.

I live in KS, one of the lowest case, hospitalizations and death rates from COVID in our county which is off of a major highway, and next to a military base, so.......................

Odd how this "virus" has targeted liberal areas more severely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies