Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Thankful That Kyle Rittenhouse Put a Pedophile 6 Feet Under?
Yes 164 74.89%
No 43 19.63%
Unsure 9 4.11%
Im Afraid to Say 3 1.37%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 05:06 PM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times

Advertisements

I don't usually take pleasure in anyone getting shot, but in this case the rioter that attacked Rittenhouse got what he deserved. You don't go after someone holding an AR-15 unless you're willing to deal with the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 05:11 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,170,699 times
Yes I am thankful he did. But I am aware that Rittenhouse was not one of those random shooters who go to a mall or School and just shoot up people. He was there to protect no other reason. Then that scum attacked him and he had to protect and defend himself. If there weren't so many violent, destructive riots no one not even Rittenhouse would have had to be there or anywhere holding a weapon.

As far as Blake being their excuse for the riot. Blake refused to listen to the officer when told to stop, he reached into his vehicle which could mean he's reaching for a gun. Sorry he is paralyzed but really what the hell is wrong with him and the idiots who rioted over this idiot. He was shot for revisiting and going for a weapon and add the fact that he was violent with his girlfriend. The Officer has no way of knowing when anyone is reaching for a gun in their car. I don't know much more than that but I do know it no excuse to riot. Riots have been violent and destructive who the hell wouldn't have protection. Blake should never have picked up his knife and if he had any intention of not causing anymore problems for himself he would have never attacked his girlfriend and he would have calmed down when the police arrived. When I have to speak to a police office I say yes officer, ok officer thank you officer My girlfriend laughs her ass off at how nice I am. I haven't had any problems and I always watch what I am doing.

Old 11-20-2021, 05:16 PM

2,034 posts, read 852,699 times
Not thankful he killed anyone. Thankful he was able to save his own life and not have to spend life in prison for it. Don’t ever want to see anyone die, but they left him no choice…

Old 11-20-2021, 05:19 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
I would be much more thankfull if he never went into that crowd or i never heard of him. Time to move on.

Old 11-20-2021, 05:21 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
First, let's learn a bit more about this person, Joseph Rosenbaum

Rosenbaum was born in Waco, Texas, to unmarried parents and only met his father twice. The report says his mother “committed forgery” and was “evading law enforcement for the next seven years,” so the family moved frequently between towns in Texas and Tucscon, moving three to four times a year and living with relatives.

His stepfather was an alcoholic who physically and mentally abused his wife and children and did not work. “In addition, he sexually abused the defendant (Rosenbaum) and his brother on an almost daily basis between ages 10 and 13,” the report says.

“The defendant was raped, touched on his genitals, forced to perform oral sex, and required to watch his stepfather abuse his brother.”

The mother left the stepfather when Rosenbaum was 13 and did not know about the abuse until he confided in her at age 18. At age 13, his mother gave her children to welfare authorities, turned herself in and went to prison for two years. From age 13-16, Rosenbaum lived in countless group homes and shelters,

So the guy had a pretty rough childhood. Like many victims of sexual molestation, he went on to molest someone else.

According to online court records, Rosenbaum received 10 years in prison on Dec. 12, 2002 for sexual contact of a minor, and then was sentenced to 2 years, 6 months for sexual contact of a minor related to the same 2002 incident.

So he spent 13 years in jail for having sex with a minor. I'd say he paid his debt to society. Why should we be thankful that he is dead? How can you all be so snarky and gleeful about this guy whose short life here sounds lilke a living hell?
Few on here are gleeful.

His life was a tragedy from beginning to end. But we simply cannot allow that cycle of tragedy to continue generation to generation. As soon as he got out of prison, he was back to causing trouble.

Old 11-20-2021, 05:29 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Neither here nor there. It is not something I would have done for I have no licence. As far as I am concerned, what the dead was is immaterial to the case......unless there is licence granting after the fact.

I do not dwell on such thoughts, of who should live or not, "if I had the power"......because I do have the firepower and dwelling on such is unhealthy......if not other things.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 11-20-2021 at 06:08 PM..

Old 11-20-2021, 05:56 PM

10,822 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Rosenbaum's past had no bearing on his death.

in a way it does. if anything, we learned after the fact that he always did this. his past was just a never ending stream of events that put him afoul of other people (this was the guy running around at a blm rally yelling the n word no?) or the law...he spent as much of his life as he could, making life worse to far worse for other people. some times, people are just plain bad. keep rollin the dice..snake eyes will come up.

if we recall from the video...he was haranguing a group of 5-6 people armed with similar rifles in a gas station parking lot - he was showing no fear of any firearm. Mr Rittenhouse, was single and was singled out by him to advance on. You can argue, rosenbaums decision to pursue Mr Rittnehouse, put ALL of this in motion. Lets say this goes to a civil rights attempt...under WI law, if the dead guy was actively involved in the altercation (which he was MSNBC narrative be damned), liability goes to 51% for the dead guy...rendering no judgement AND it puts his estate responsible for any future suits by the others. (legal theory not mine but rather a WI lawyer speaking on fox news)

Old 11-20-2021, 06:04 PM

5,645 posts, read 6,206,522 times
I don't see anything to be thankful about in thie entire situation. I don't believe the alleged pedofile had his day in court, so that is unresolved, plus I don't believe in the death penalty as a general matter. But Rittenhouse, while to me was in an ill-advised place and situation, was justified in his actions based on self defense regardless. This is a series if people making poor decisions and I can't see myself feeling good about any of it regardless of agreeing with the verdict.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:09 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Life is precious, even whacko or sin filled lives, so no. Not only that, but young Mr. Rittenhouse’s life has also been destroyed.
I don't think Rittenhouse's life has been destroyed. He is no doubt welcome outside of cities amongst the law abiding. Also, he IS going to make millions from MSNBC, CNN and probably other ultra-leftist media outlets.

He chose to go there, so that was a choice. He got a lot of action and thankfully he survived it. The left is a very violent bunch and to go up against them like he did took a lot of courage. The amount of violence from the left is wildly out of control, but they control the media and really all of us.

Good luck out there.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:10 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
First, let's learn a bit more about this person, Joseph Rosenbaum

Rosenbaum was born in Waco, Texas, to unmarried parents and only met his father twice. The report says his mother “committed forgery” and was “evading law enforcement for the next seven years,” so the family moved frequently between towns in Texas and Tucscon, moving three to four times a year and living with relatives.

His stepfather was an alcoholic who physically and mentally abused his wife and children and did not work. “In addition, he sexually abused the defendant (Rosenbaum) and his brother on an almost daily basis between ages 10 and 13,” the report says.

“The defendant was raped, touched on his genitals, forced to perform oral sex, and required to watch his stepfather abuse his brother.”

The mother left the stepfather when Rosenbaum was 13 and did not know about the abuse until he confided in her at age 18. At age 13, his mother gave her children to welfare authorities, turned herself in and went to prison for two years. From age 13-16, Rosenbaum lived in countless group homes and shelters,

So the guy had a pretty rough childhood. Like many victims of sexual molestation, he went on to molest someone else.

According to online court records, Rosenbaum received 10 years in prison on Dec. 12, 2002 for sexual contact of a minor, and then was sentenced to 2 years, 6 months for sexual contact of a minor related to the same 2002 incident.

So he spent 13 years in jail for having sex with a minor. I'd say he paid his debt to society. Why should we be thankful that he is dead? How can you all be so snarky and gleeful about this guy whose short life here sounds lilke a living hell?

As a childhood sexual abuse victim, this post infuriates me.

His victims get a LIFE sentence. LIFE.

Stop apologizing for child rapists.

Outrageous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies