Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 10:46 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I really don't understand why Republicans are soooo obsessed with Kamala Harris. Is this some kind of HDS?

I mean, I'm not singing her praises, but she doesn't do anything, she keeps a fairly low profile...why all the hatred and vitriol? Mike Pence wasn't exactly a shining light, Dick Cheney was a warmonger, and who can forget Dan Quayle?

You all must lead very boring lives, if you have to look to the Vice Presidency (LBJ said was not worth a bucket of warm spit) for something to talk about. And, oh my God, her worst offense is that she laughs funny! Are you going to spend the next 3 years ragging on Kamala?
Same. I actually preferred two other candidates over her but yes, the hatred and vitriol from the Republicans is overboard. They are very much obsessed with her and extremely vulgar and nasty in their speech toward her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired and grumpy View Post
What you seem to overlook is the fact she was given special tutoring to pass the bar. Not only her but many other minorities were given special help. Is this who you want defending you in court when your life depends on it?
What you seem to overlook is that the program was not limited to minorities. Go back and read it. You only saw “minorities” and got hot and bothered. Smh.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
The LABELS came first, before he ever had her name in mind!
How is that “her” problem? That takes away nothing from her.

Old 11-23-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
if a white person refers to a group that's not white people, the white person is deemed racist these days.

Heck, a white person can do something to other white people and be called a racist.

any "attacks" (sometimes known as pointing out weaknesses) on Kamala are deemed sexist and racist.

Even if everyone should acknowledge that her only actual topic of qualification is the law, and specifically criminal law. Foreign policy? National domestic policy? Hahaha! She has her opinions, just like the rest of us, but she's no more qualified than any intelligent citizen.
Just stop it. The issue in most cases is refusing to be respectful of other people. Plenty white people are able to refer to other groups and befriend people of other backgrounds because they have class and hometraining.

Not sure what you are talking about with white people doing something to other white people.

No, the attempts to discredit the woman’s achievements are what often reflects poorly on those making the comments.

Speaking of, your comment about her doesn’t make much sense. How is her qualification only criminal law when she was an AG? Are you familiar with the duties of an AG? Let me help you out. AG‘s offices do more than criminal matters. She is certainly more qualified than people who don’t even know the functions of an AG’s office. People who are constantly trying to downplay or ignore other peoples’ accomplishments in life truly have issues.

Old 11-23-2021, 11:12 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Madam Vice President!

As a patriot, I am going to wave any fees or compensation for this advice:

Lose the cackle.

Please, no arguing, no debate.

Lose ... The ... Cackle.

It makes you sound stupider than you are and gives your opponents all the ammo they need. Do what rock starts, actors, and every other politician does- memorize a script of canned answers and spew the rhetoric. Stick to the script. Serious people do not cackle at every question and you are in one of the most serious positions in the world.

If that is too much, use some of that VP budget and hire an acting coach. There is no shame in that. Pay him or her and hourly fee and <wait for it> Lose The Cackle.

Furrow your brow, tilt your head slightly, bite your tongue if you have to, and simply answer the question with some modicum of seriousness. I guarantee a lot of this trouble you are having will diminish.

Lose the cackle
Bingo…although it does continue to make her approval rating plummet and makes her look even more the ridiculous pick.

Old 11-23-2021, 11:13 AM

24,409 posts, read 23,065,142 times
So what she was saying is there's more work to do to see that only well connected and rich defendants get off and the average nobody gets rail roaded. Which is how she performed her job and based her career on.

Old 11-23-2021, 11:18 AM

24,409 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Educated beyond her abilities, promoted beyond her capacity and endorsed beyond her skills.

Thanks affirmative action.
>>>. Thank a senile old pedo that picked her because his handlers thought she would balance out the ticket.
Stolen elections have consequences.

Old 11-23-2021, 11:20 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I saw three other picks I would have liked. I’m not pro Kamala at all. I think she is a liability to Biden. I think Biden will make some good things happen for this country - not all his policies are solid. But compared to T. They are saints.
Please let us know when he does. Thus far I haven't seen any, though at the moment I'm still cautiously optimistic on the infrastructure program.

Old 11-23-2021, 12:04 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Same. I actually preferred two other candidates over her but yes, the hatred and vitriol from the Republicans is overboard. They are very much obsessed with her and extremely vulgar and nasty in their speech toward her.
You would think we are the ones cackling away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies