Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 07:36 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Today the warring tribes are in the cities. Let's keep it that way.
Warring factions are also outside of the cities. Gangs and violence aren't just a big city problem anymore.

Dalton, GA. Small city in northern Georgia. Carpet capital of the world. It has alot of gangs.
https://www.dailycitizen.news/news/l...b84baf2ee.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2021, 07:37 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Warring factions are also outside of the cities. Gangs and violence aren't just a big city problem anymore.

Dalton, GA. Small city in northern Georgia. Carpet capital of the world. It has alot of gangs.
https://www.dailycitizen.news/news/l...b84baf2ee.html
Whatever.

I've never lived in any suburban enclave that is even remotely has that on their radar.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Whatever.

I've never lived in any suburban enclave that is even remotely has that on their radar.
College Park, GA is a suburb of Atlanta. It's MORE dangerous than Atlanta. You can say "whatever" all you want, but crime has been bleeding into some suburban areas.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:20 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
The govt has to prove that their top priority is serving the people over the corporations. If the general public feels like the govt is actually doing something FOR them, we wouldn't have this amount of anger. Bread crumbs aren't enough. South Korea and Japan, as competitive as they are, those countries have huge social safety nets compared to ours. At least they show they somewhat care about their citizens.
They also have the pleasure of creating their governments and infrastructure post WWII with the USA paying the cost of establishing them. Add to that a none-diverse population, a culture of obeying authority and a tax obligation that most Americans would say hell no to and you can see why we will never be like them.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:37 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
College Park, GA is a suburb of Atlanta. It's MORE dangerous than Atlanta. You can say "whatever" all you want, but crime has been bleeding into some suburban areas.
College Park is....and has always been...a black neighborhood...

crime has not been "bleeding into" college park.....crime has been bleeding out of college park

Old 11-21-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
College Park is....and has always been...a black neighborhood...

crime has not been "bleeding into" college park.....crime has been bleeding out of college park
College Park is a suburb of Atlanta whether you want to believe it or not. I used to live in the Atlanta metro area. It is its own separate city. Crime is also bleeding out into places like Douglasville and McDonough.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:55 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Not surprising.

The two worst professions in today’s political environment:
1) police officer
2) public school teacher
I’d add “journalist” to that list

Old 11-21-2021, 10:07 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it absolutely is 'wokewashing'. it's tiresome and divisive.
And, in the wake of it, comes new and much larger seething resentments that were insignificant or non-existent just a few years ago. And in that very brief time-span, the psycho-madness of the left has grown new monsters out to destroy all peace and normalcy in their path. I'd bet that racism today as a percentage of individuals is 10 times....conservatively....what it was in 1985.

The Neanderthal left does it because they can....because we let them. Looking the other way for 2 generations, wringing our hands in search of more ways to appease, is just a slower version of shooting our collective selves in the head.

Old 11-21-2021, 10:11 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I wonder how many people, besides myself, would initially be in favor of just letting everyone in the "blue" cities just do what they want and leave it to survival of the fittest (or most conscienceless).

The reason I said "initially" is because although I would be tempted to be in favor of that, thinking that "it would serve them right" -- unfortunately, many innocent people would suffer. Otherwise . . .

I have no sympathy for violent thugs, and I wish they would all just die. And, yes, they might be victims of their genetics, upbringing and environment, but they still do have choices as to whether they riot and/or kill/injure/harm others.
Problem there is that people would become even more miserable than they already are, and many would flee those cities and infect other regions with their insane politics. They never seem to make the connection between their politics and policies and the degrading conditions in the cities they ultimately flee, so they vote for the same old crap in the new areas they move to.

Old 11-21-2021, 10:17 AM

11,477 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Not surprising.

The two worst professions in today’s political environment:
1) police officer
2) public school teacher
Doctor/nurse can't be any fun either these days. The only really good jobs today are "petty dictator". Usually a politician but could be a Manager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies