Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 08:41 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
YOU wouldn't be carrying a loaded gun in your carry on bag at the airport. You carry it when/where it might be needed, and you know better than to carry it in a place where it is not allowed. The guy at the airport was either very dumb or was planning something IMO.
AS STATED, carrying a loaded gun in carry on baggage was not the question.

The question is if a gun is loaded, does that mean that person is planning something? As stated in posts before, this might be a situation where they forgot they were carrying.....just as we have situations of people forgetting their kid is in the car.

We are rather frazzled brain these days..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 08:59 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
The man has been identified publicly and authorities are still searching for him
Quote:
ATLANTA (AP) — A passenger awaiting a search at the Atlanta airport’s main security checkpoint reached in his bag and grabbed a firearm, and it went off, causing chaos among travelers and prompting a temporary FAA ground stop on flights Saturday afternoon, officials said. The man fled.

The man, later identified as a convicted felon, ran with the gun from the checkpoint and escaped out an airport exit, the Transportation Security Administration said. Authorities said it was not an active shooter incident and described the discharge as accidental.

Police said later they had issued a warrant for the arrest of the passenger, 42-year-old Kenny Wells.

Atlanta airport checkpoint chaos: Man grabs gun, it goes off

Old 11-20-2021, 09:19 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
It amazes me that after 20 years, people still try to take firearms on an airplane. I heard a report that approximately 4500 firearms have been confiscated so far this year by TSA.
That's nothing - here, hold my beer:

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/flo...e-water-bridge

Old 11-21-2021, 05:40 AM

3,647 posts, read 3,781,694 times
The airport shooting is tragic. Felons aren't supposed to have guns, their own or anyone else's. But criminals ignore gun laws.

Joe - Every accidental shooting, every one, is with a supposedly unloaded gun. The goober prosecutor had the bolt closed and his finger on the trigger. One never trusts that a gun is unloaded.

Old 11-21-2021, 05:55 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I know you'll immediately discount the source since it does not agree with what you have been told about this incident, but that's a you issue.

Fact Check: Did Kyle Rittenhouse Prosecutor Point Gun at Jury, Telling Them to Convict?
And? You didn't counter anything I said.

1) His finger was on the trigger while he was handling the weapon. FACT

2) HE did not personally open the action and ensure that it was in fact unloaded. No one that has any knowledge of gun safety does so. If someone hands you a gun, and even if you watched them unload and clear it-you do it yourself. It is your responsibility. He acted negligently. FACT

3) I didn't say he threatened the jury with it, as your "fact check" counters. I said he "swept" the courtroom, meaning pointed the moving muzzle of the rifle, at people. One he did not perform a basic safety check on, and had his finger on the trigger of. In addition to clearing rifle, he should have had the bolt open (locked in the rearward position).

The man is an irresponsible fool and should be held responsible. ANY other civilian would be prosecuted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV1wpvALYss

Old 11-21-2021, 06:35 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
AS STATED, carrying a loaded gun in carry on baggage was not the question.

The question is if a gun is loaded, does that mean that person is planning something? As stated in posts before, this might be a situation where they forgot they were carrying.....just as we have situations of people forgetting their kid is in the car.

We are rather frazzled brain these days..........
Did you read the article, the gun showed up in the x-ray meaning he didn't declare it and it was loaded and he lunged for it at which point it discharged. So your defense is the person wasn't planning something.

Even if he did forget which it appears he did not we live in a pretty sad nation. People forget and leave laptops and other restricted items in their carry-on but forgetting you left a loaded gun in your luggage, come on what world do you live in.

Turns out this was a felon and he fled the airport.

Old 11-21-2021, 12:03 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I suppose they believe the 2nd Amendment gives them the right to take guns on a passenger plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Or it’s just an idiot with an illegal gun.

Go figure, a convicted felon with an illegal gun.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-Airport.html

Old 11-21-2021, 02:59 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I suppose they believe the 2nd Amendment gives them the right to take guns on a passenger plane.
What part of "Shall not be Infringed" don't you understand.

Old 11-21-2021, 03:39 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What part of "Shall not be Infringed" don't you understand.
Forbidding a person from carrying a loaded gun (or unloaded either) on the passenger cabin of an airplane is not an infringement of your 2nd Amendment rights. TSA says it's OK to pack it, unloaded, in your checked baggage. That's good enough.

Old 11-21-2021, 03:50 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
I agree with you. That guy in Atlanta was planning something. That gun was loaded.

I was responding to that other poster who tried to change the subject to how one could fly and take a gun along.
I was responding to a poster who seemed to be under the impression that passengers can never travel with guns.

There is an astounding and MIND NUMBING lack of knowledge regarding firearms, yet everyone thinks they are an expert on the law. I was explaining that guess what? You can legally travel by plane with a firearm.

... back to the regular discussion ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies