Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2021, 02:13 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Louis Vuitton should publish the serial numbers of the stolen handbags.
Louis Vuitton should stop voting for democrats…..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2021, 02:15 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you honestly think, in your heart of hearts, that I "approve of looting"?

If so, that might explain your posts to me.
You may not approve of looting stores per se, but I do think that you would be more appalled at the looting of a Dollar Tree than a looting of a LV store.

Taxing rich people simply because they have the money is the same as looting. Rich folks and LV have it and people who don't want it. Seizing these things is the same thing as looting and the left justifies it unconditionally.

Old 11-21-2021, 02:27 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogieDoo View Post
Won't somebody think of the poor billionaires?
1. everyone deserves justice
2. it's not good for society when people burglarize places and get away with it. That just leads to more and more violence, criminality, etc.

Old 11-21-2021, 02:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
You may not approve of looting stores per se, but I do think that you would be more appalled at the looting of a Dollar Tree than a looting of a LV store.

Taxing rich people simply because they have the money is the same as looting. Rich folks and LV have it and people who don't want it. Seizing these things is the same thing as looting and the left justifies it unconditionally.
Well, you’d guess wrong then. Looting and lawlessness is the same regardless if the store. Chaos is chaos.

But the law, on the other hand does figure in dollar amounts of damages when considering appropriate criminal charges so the LV looters would be treated more harshly by the courts than the dollar store ones.

Old 11-21-2021, 02:45 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Thugs gonna thug...they don't look like the white supremacists Joe warned us about.

Old 11-21-2021, 02:57 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
gives "black friday" shopping a new meaning.
love it!!

Old 11-21-2021, 03:33 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The cops should not try to stop the thieves.

If you catch the thieves and harm one during the arrest you run the risk of starting riots that will damage large swaths of the cities and ruining your life.

If you catch the thieves they are likely to get slaps on the wrist and not be deterred from future crimes.

The risk reward should lean towards not doing much of anything to stop the thieves if you are a cop.
TRANSLATION: You should turn all your property and valuables to the mob to consume and/or destroy,

And you must run away and cower, and beg the mob not to hurt you too much.

And for help, you must turn to government. But they won't do much, since the mob has more influence in govt than you do.

Welcome to the Democrats' New World.

Last edited by Roboteer; 11-21-2021 at 04:12 PM..

Old 11-21-2021, 05:03 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Do we pay, if we aren't customers?

Theft may drive up the cost of LV goods, but for those who aren't ever planning to buy them, who pays is the customers and that company.

Not the rest of us.

When people routinely steal from your local grocery store that you patronize, then yes, you will have to pay more to cover that loss.

But LV is a very very niche market and this will cause them to tighten security or go under. It's somewhat unlikely they'll raise prices, with the stain of likely theft on those who carry their products.
The LV store was just one store hit that night there were others, and it's happened before last summer several stores were hit the same way. These are not just a bunch of people walking by decide to bash the window in spontaneous looting. They use stolen cars, and well planned attack I think they got the idea from riots. They hit areas where less chance of any guards "Nice areas of town" because their goal is to grab as many items at one time as possible. The main problem is the online fencing which makes it easy to sell all these products. It's really going to take a task force of multiple agencies to stop them.

CVS, and Walgreens have had this issue for over 2 years now we see the result.

Old 11-21-2021, 05:29 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I agree. In highly red state Oklahoma, the shoplifting limit before it becomes a felony was raised to $1000, but I never see anybody on here complaining about it.
BS, stilly.

If someone shoplifts property worth between $500 and $1,000, even a first-time charge is a felony offense. The penalty is up to a year in jail. A judge or jury may decide to order the person to serve his or her time at nights or on weekends. In addition, the person must pay a fine of up to $5,000 and restitution to the victim.

Old 11-21-2021, 05:39 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,150,103 times
Quote:
I'm not excusing anything. I'm saying, it's still profitable to run their stores, because of the enormous mark-up. If they have a percentage of legit sales, and a lot of theft, they can still justify staying open.

Coincidentally, about a week ago I was talking to a friend who spends a lot of time in California, and she said the brand is losing a LOT of it's street reputation, because if you see someone carrying one of their products it's likely it was stolen. Marks the carrier as a likely shoplifter.

So there's that.
Clara, do you have an axe to grind with regard to LV?
LV is in the business to make money. Most businesses are, and do. Capitalism is alive and well, and I, for one, celebrate it.
Thank God we (still) have the freedom to purchase what we want. It makes no difference to me what people have, so long as it was obtained legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies