Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2021, 08:21 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times

Advertisements

The same posters who were ready to hang Rittenhouse for "murdering 3 black men" are now demanding we "wait and see" why a black career criminal drove his SUV thru a parade of mostly white folks, killing and injuring dozens. It may have been a defective brake pedal, after all.

The hypocrisy is staggering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 08:21 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Can you imagine if this was a white guy with the hateful media posts he's done?

This would be 10 times bigger news on all the leftist hate Media that we call MSM.
Meh, not really, remember the Boise shooter? That’s over and done with, even the thread here about it scrolled away rather quickly once he was ID’d.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:23 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Strange but not surprising that certain folks are saying “oh this is sad, this is awful” while still giving this murdering racist whack job the benefit of the doubt. These same people, when they thought it was a white guy driving, were out for blood.

For example:

I guess his brakes failed? Only the gas pedal worked?
He was going FAST, and if I’m seeing the video correctly, he stopped in the middle of the crowd? Didn’t continue forward doing the maximum damage? I’ll watch it again to see when the brake lights first come on.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:24 AM

14,483 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Don't go cheerleading that one just yet. You missed out on the thread last night about this topic, where several people, including this one, immediately pinned this on a white guy, some of them saying snotty things about that guy, and MAGA, and Trump, and other nonsense - because they had no idea who 'Sam Hyde' is.

Who the hell do you think I mean by WE? I mean EVERYONE.

I posted that message to someone who I disagree with almost all of the time. Someone who I hope now WILL GET IT. EVERYONE is guilty of this and it's a good time to sit back just a minute and recognize that. The only thing that changes is which direction the knees jerk.

I have a higher goal in our political discourse than "but they were wrong last time, now it's my turn!"

I think this situation is likely to be a little more muddled and complex than the early hysterics will account for. We don't have to know the whole truth now... Just don't say something you might be shown to be wrong about later. Easy :-)

Old 11-22-2021, 08:24 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Don't go cheerleading that one just yet. You missed out on the thread last night about this topic, where several people, including this one, immediately pinned this on a white guy, some of them saying snotty things about that guy, and MAGA, and Trump, and other nonsense - because they had no idea who 'Sam Hyde' is.
Yes. And now they’re on here saying how “sad” and “awful” it is, but it was all just a tragic accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
The same posters who were ready to hang Rittenhouse for "murdering 3 black men" are now demanding we "wait and see" why a black career criminal drove his SUV thru a parade of mostly white folks, killing and injuring dozens. It may have been a defective brake pedal, after all.

The hypocrisy is staggering.
Indeed. Staggering but not surprising.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:25 AM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
You know you are evil and should go blow your own brains out when you are inclined to kill random people for whatever cause.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:26 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You know you are evil and should go blow your own brains out when you are inclined to kill random people for whatever cause.
You know you're evil when you try to mob attack an armed man already running toward the police, when you have a lengthy criminal record.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:27 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
I saw it. now those posts are all down the memory hole.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:31 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Who the hell do you think I mean by WE? I mean EVERYONE.

I posted that message to someone who I disagree with almost all of the time. EVERYONE is guilty of this and it's a good time to sit back just a minute and recognize that. The only thing that changes is which direction the knees jerk.

It's funny how leftists put away their pitchforks and call for measured, reasonable actions when it's a black person who caused the atrocity. It usually just means they are trying to buy time for the spin machine to wind up. I say you should lead by example the next time the shoe is on the other foot. Words are cheap.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:32 AM

3,078 posts, read 3,264,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
His Facebook posts confirm he hates white people and wants violence to come to them. He made sure to include old white people too.
Gotta love "logic" these days:

Person 1 : white guy shoots white guys in self defense at a riot that contains large numbers of folks who are supposedly there to support a black cause.

Conclusion: white guy is a "white supremacist"

Person 2 : black guy mows down a bunch of white folks and has social media posts, self written rap songs, etc expressing racist views

Conclusion: now hold on, let's not jump to conclusions, we can't assume it's racial, it was just the continuation of an existing crime so therefore not a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies