Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2021, 10:41 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,471,476 times

Advertisements

Either he was running from the cops or he wasn't. How hard is it to find that one out? If the police say they weren't chasing him, then the killings were an act of terrorism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 10:46 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Either he was running from the cops or he wasn't. How hard is it to find that one out? If the police say they weren't chasing him, then the killings were an act of terrorism.
Not according to the police chief.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:49 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,822,579 times
A white kid shoots 3 white men in self-defense and is declared a racist.

A black man intentionally runs down 50 white people but is not a racist.

This takes some mighty convoluted thinking Leftys!

Old 11-22-2021, 10:50 PM

13,674 posts, read 7,970,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Maybe because that is what PA statutes call a hate crime and they have to charge per the statute.
Yes, it's the correct legal terms:
The state of Pennsylvania uses the term, “ethnic intimidation” rather than “hate crime.” The term hate crime is a creation of the media and activist groups, not lawmakers.
https://www.thefishmanfirm.com/ethni...ia-hate-crime/

I'll remember that the next time an "ethnic intimidation" in PA makes the national news.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:53 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Police have stated that they were not pursuing him. "Sounds more and more like his motive was" to go out with a bang and kill lots of white people he hates.

Why are you defending this POS?
How do you reach the conclusion I'm defending him just because I don't agree with you on his motive?

What he did was a crime and a horrible one at that. I expect he will be going to prison for life. If police can find evidence that allows the charging of a hate crime then by all means they should charge him. Not sure what the practical results of that are if anything.

I don't think racist posts on social media will prove it. Otherwise, there are a lot of future killers among us.

I feel certain he thought police were pursuing him or would be. My guess is he knew the person he was in a dispute with had called them.

There is no indication he planned to go out with a bang. He fled the scene, ditched the car and was on the run or hiding out. I dont think police have explained exactly where they caught him.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Joe Biden never said Rittenhouse was a white supremacist.
Then why the hell do conservatives insist that Biden called Rittenhouse a white supremacist?

Old 11-22-2021, 10:56 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times
Quote:

I'm not seeing where people are saying he's not a racist. According to his Twitter profile, that's hard to argue.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:58 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,822,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
What? So law enforcement has announced there’s no known motive yet and it’s under investigation, but some city-data social media users think they have the motive all figured out while sitting on their couch probably thousands of miles away.

and how are people making this political of all things? The guy is a complete scum bag. He doesn’t stand for or represent a party or an organization. He acted alone. The police said he was fleeing a scene. That’s it. He wasn’t targeting white people. You do realize there’s a lot of Latinos in Waukesha.

The comments on here make me think the U.S. has about 5 more years before we collapse. Everything is reaching way too hard to make it political and to divide people.
He had just departed the scene of another crime he committed but police were not in pursuit. How in the hell do you know "He wasn't targeting white people"?

Old 11-22-2021, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
They were not chasing him because they never got to respond to the 911 call received about the domestic incident possibly involving a knife.

He fled that scene and was so far ahead of them he crashed the parade and they were diverted to the crime scene at the parade.

Doesn't mean he didn't THINK they were or would soon be chasing him based on him fleeing from whatever he had been involved in.

Old 11-22-2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:

You are not just disagreeing with leftys lol.

And, I am guessing not every leftist in the country said Rittenhouse was a racist, or followed his trial or even cared.

You are assuming way too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies