Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Anyone believe that the Muslims will become peaceful if Israel cedes territory to create a Palestini
yes 13 10.32%
no 113 89.68%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2023, 05:18 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times

Advertisements

Here is one of the most laughable, completely false arguments libs have in support of "Palestine" (which has NEVER EXISTED as a self governing state).

IF the Israelis ceded territory for the creation of a "Palestinian State", there is no way in hell that Hamas, Hezbollah, and Iran would stop their attacks on Israel. They would just have more venues from which they could launch attacks.

Muslims have pledged the death of Israel and their very existence is an affront to them. As such, Israel SHOULD NEVER cede territory to terrorists or give in one iota. Achieving some sense of peace with the Egypt and the Saudis happened through STRENGTH and repeatedly defeating numerically superior Arabian armies.

The only way peace has any chance is if the Israelis continue to demonstrate that war is far, far more costly to the Muslim world than it is to Israel and objectives are never achieved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2023, 05:24 PM

6,649 posts, read 2,961,805 times
"River to the Sea!"

No room for Israel there. One step closer to rebuilding the caliphate.

No Diversity allowed,.lol.

Old 11-20-2023, 05:52 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,928,283 times
I voted no. I am firmly in favor of a Palestinian homeland. That is right and just in its own right. Will it stop Hamas and Hezbollah? Of course not. But without the support of the Palestinian people, those terrorist groups are going to be much less powerful. Clearly what Israel has been doing for the past 75 years has not worked to bring peace.

Old 11-20-2023, 05:53 PM

4,542 posts, read 2,266,850 times
Not a chance

Old 11-20-2023, 06:03 PM

3,322 posts, read 2,134,319 times
Anybody who believes these groups would cease their nefarious activities upon receipt of more money and land concessions is either profoundly uninformed/unintelligent or genocidally deranged. Given what we've seen marching in the streets, leading universities, and screeching in the media of Western-oriented countries these past weeks, months, and years, perhaps both is the case.

Old 11-20-2023, 06:03 PM

18,722 posts, read 7,601,368 times
* Anyone believe that the Muslims will become peaceful if Israel cedes territory to create a Palestini[an state?]

I see one poor soul voted "Yes". Though he probably was answering the badly-worded poll question literally.

And his answer was, "Of course, I'm sure that there's at least one complete idiot out there who actually believes that the terrorist organizations would stop if a "Palestinian state" were created."

Old 11-20-2023, 06:12 PM

25,948 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Wouldn't Israel still try to take the land back from the Palestinians, as Israel is big on not obeying International Law.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ca...dispossession/

"For the last 50 years, Israel has been forcing thousands of Palestinians off their land, occupying and illegally using it to create settlements that exclusively house Jewish Israeli settlers."

https://www.globalr2p.org/countries/...ian-territory/

"Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention prohibits an occupying power from transferring parts of its civilian population into occupied territory, also known as “settler implantation.” Seizures and demolitions of Palestinian and Bedouin land and property leave communities at heightened risk of forced evictions, arbitrary displacement and forcible transfer. Israel’s permanent occupation endangers the cultural existence of the Palestinian people and violates their right to self-determination."

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...es-2023-10-10/

"Settlements - Most countries deem Jewish settlements built on land Israel occupied in 1967 as illegal. Israel disputes this and cites historical and Biblical ties to the land. Their continued expansion is among the most contentious issues between Israel, the Palestinians and the international community."

Again, anyone who insists that "historical and Biblical ties to the land" mean it belongs to Israel, needs to pack up their crap and figure out where their "motherland" is! That was then, and this is now. We should not be involved in a religious war.

Maybe if the US did stay out of it:

https://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/

"WE HAVE A PLAN TO END U.S. SUPPORT

FOR ISRAEL’S OPPRESSION OF PALESTINIANS"

I didn't vote in the poll, as I thought it was more or less nonsense. Most people don't have a clue about what the issues even are, just parrot what they heard. A mind is a terrible thing to waste - so maybe look at history!

Old 11-20-2023, 06:19 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I voted no. I am firmly in favor of a Palestinian homeland. That is right and just in its own right. Will it stop Hamas and Hezbollah? Of course not. But without the support of the Palestinian people, those terrorist groups are going to be much less powerful. Clearly what Israel has been doing for the past 75 years has not worked to bring peace.
Wow. Go to google and look for opinion polls from Iran, Gaza, Syria etc. as to attitudes towards jews.

It's like reading you writing "Well, if we just give the Nazi's another area....the germans will have no problem with jews."

Seriously, wake up. Heck, go search for European attitudes towards jews, not israel, jews. It's not pretty.

I think a lot of people in the US are unaware of racist attitudes in the rest of the world.

Do you realize that the US is pretty much about the LOWEST in terms of racism? Japan? Mexico? China? etc? Go forth and read, it gets blown up in the US for political reasons now go look around the globe it's truly sad.

Old 11-20-2023, 06:20 PM

1,344 posts, read 473,504 times
Of course not. The Arab League opposed the idea of a separate Jewish state going back to the 1940s. You had Palestinian militants waging conflict against the Jews before Israel was even a nation. Nothing short of Israel ceasing to exist would be accepted by them. Where does that leave the Jews? Well I guess the expectation would be for Europe and the West to accept all of the Israelis, including the Mizrahim Jews who came from the Middle East originally.

Old 11-20-2023, 06:30 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,659,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Here is one of the most laughable, completely false arguments libs have in support of "Palestine" (which has NEVER EXISTED as a self governing state).

IF the Israelis ceded territory for the creation of a "Palestinian State", there is no way in hell that Hamas, Hezbollah, and Iran would stop their attacks on Israel. They would just have more venues from which they could launch attacks.

Muslims have pledged the death of Israel and their very existence is an affront to them. As such, Israel SHOULD NEVER cede territory to terrorists or give in one iota. Achieving some sense of peace with the Egypt and the Saudis happened through STRENGTH and repeatedly defeating numerically superior Arabian armies.

The only way peace has any chance is if the Israelis continue to demonstrate that war is far, far more costly to the Muslim world than it is to Israel and objectives are never achieved.
I love this question.

I also love your pointing out that there has never historically been an independent state of Palestine.

I agree that Hamas would never accept peace with Hamas, and it's also good to remember that Hamas has apparently done a very poor job of governing. But we should also remember that some Muslim countries have pulled back from their past vocal wish for the destruction of Israel.

It might be interesting if Israel offered to cede a certain amount of territory IF it were matched by the same amount each from Jordan and Egypt. Or, actually, since Jordan and Egypt are much bigger, twice as much territory from each of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies