Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 01:20 PM

29,781 posts, read 14,844,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
So, self-defense is now a kid taking an assault rifle, traveling to a distant community, standing in front of an empty car lot, waving a rifle, and shooting people because THEY felt threatened by his presence with an assault rifle?

Webster would be shocked i tell you. Shocked !
12 people that actually matter, spent over 20 hours deliberating their decision after 4 days of testimony, and viewing evidence. They did their job, and followed the law. From your statement, it seems like you didn't watch much of the trial or know all the details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 01:24 PM

19,344 posts, read 17,231,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I agree with you about Aubrey. Armed people don't get bashed.

I don't know that Tucker Carlson exploiting that boy qualifies as coverage, or right wing extremist media is equal time. My post was that I have not seen ONE single article in the MSM supporting the right of self defense.

To answer your other question. It's not that easy to publish, unless you work for free. I left the newspaper biz 20+ years ago because for the most part the pay is s**t, you have to bite your tongue, deal with liberal weenies all day, and I could no longer accomodate the corporate BS. I reached a point where I could no longer be a neutral observer on issues and had to speak out. But speaking out doesn't transfer to an income.
I would be hard pressed to qualify Tucker Carlson on any reported subject. Fox's worth as a new source teeter totters back and forth depending how they present topics that the right prefers or how fearless leader is reported.

Thank you for your response on your career but all I see is liberal this and liberal that and more often than not they are news sources that don't write favoring the right. I try reading the posted links on these boards but as you know yourself they look iike a 10 year old wrote them or they are someone's tirade from social media and cut and paste You-Tube videos are not solid proof...

Old 11-22-2021, 01:29 PM

6,866 posts, read 3,102,495 times
Quote:
So, self-defense is now a kid taking an assault rifle, traveling to a distant community, standing in front of an empty car lot,
Irrelevant. Added just for hyperbolic flavor.

Quote:
... waving a rifle, and shooting people because THEY felt threatened by his presence with an assault rifle?
False. Stop watching twitter clips.

The Only people to be shot were people running down and assaulting Rittenhouse.
Self-Defense.

Old 11-22-2021, 01:46 PM

20,496 posts, read 12,435,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
Does that include the beloved Fox News media company?
thats your answer?
NBC
ABC
CBS
MSNBC
CNN

Every single night say exactly the same thing about Rittenhouse, all of which turns out to be utterly false...
1. Crossed State Lines with a gun
2. went out to kill people
3. shot 60 rounds
4. was a White National
5. Had no connection to Kenosha
6. Shot a guy in the back
7. Chased Rosenbaum down and killed him

I could go on but thats a pretty clear list of the things all of those news outlets were saying on a nightly basis.

and YOU reply with "what about Foxnews?

do you even realize how foolish you sound?

Old 11-22-2021, 01:47 PM

20,496 posts, read 12,435,034 times
Quote:
So, self-defense is now a kid taking an assault rifle, traveling to a distant community, standing in front of an empty car lot, waving a rifle, and shooting people because THEY felt threatened by his presence with an assault rifle?

Webster would be shocked i tell you. Shocked !
No thats not self-defense. That is also not something that happened anywhere in America.

Do you have any other prog fantasies you need us to field for you?

Old 11-22-2021, 01:48 PM

1,952 posts, read 838,291 times
Leftists have just resulted in spewing cr*p they know is not true as a reflex to what is going on.

Old 11-22-2021, 01:50 PM

29,781 posts, read 14,844,224 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
thats your answer?
NBC
ABC
CBS
MSNBC
CNN

Every single night say exactly the same thing about Rittenhouse, all of which turns out to be utterly false...
1. Crossed State Lines with a gun
2. went out to kill people
3. shot 60 rounds
4. was a White National
5. Had no connection to Kenosha
6. Shot a guy in the back
7. Chased Rosenbaum down and killed him

I could go on but thats a pretty clear list of the things all of those news outlets were saying on a nightly basis.

and YOU reply with "what about Foxnews?

do you even realize how foolish you sound?
While FOX definitely provided the most truthful reporting on this situation, they still haven't changed the description of what KR did. As of Sunday, they still haven't added "in self defense" to the description of what he did. It was still reported as "shot three, killing two"

Old 11-22-2021, 02:02 PM

20,003 posts, read 18,299,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Like damn near everything in politics, it comes down to individuals vs the collective.

Collectivists hate individualists, and vice versa. Only real difference is the individual seeks to be left alone by the collective, while the collective seeks to subjugate the individual and absorb/swallow them into their ranks.

Self-defense is the ultimate "leave me alone" expression against a forceful "no no, I will have my way with you" act of subjugating/oppressing. And if the individual successfully fights off the initiation of force, it not only scores that individual victory, but awards a point to Team Individual in the culture war.

Collectivists are all about narratives. Successful self-defense by individuals screws with the narrative that individuals are helpless before the mighty collective, so they shriek a little louder when the narrative is screwed with.

You are an individualist or you are a collectivist. There are no other groups.

Great post.

I'd add another couple of thought processes that dovetail almost perfectly..........equality over merit and government over free enterprise ethoi fall under the broader collectivist ethos.

Old 11-22-2021, 02:44 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,690,863 times
Quote:
Not really. Fox News does lean right but other than Primetime usually all it does is cover what the fake networks won't tell us. They also point out the (correct) fact out to us that we won't see it anywhere else.

Fox News is NOTHING like CNN or MSNBC reversed. FN also overwhelmingly kills them in the ratings.

This post might as well be alien language to liberals, but it's the truth even if it doesn't come close to getting through to them.

It wasn't Fox that settled in a lawsuit and paid out 9 figures to a minor and his family for lying and defaming.

Old 11-22-2021, 02:47 PM

37,166 posts, read 42,353,577 times
They put the blame on him for the entire thing but Rosenbaum kicked off the chain of events that caused the shootings and deaths. They should all be focusing on the criminal who was only there to cause trouble, not the kid who was hoping to prevent it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies