Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 09:30 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,984,453 times

Advertisements

I was scanning Yahoo News the past few days (yeah, yeah I know...). I am astounded at the absolute media bias against people defending their homes, families, property OR other people's property, in their scathing and unrelenting rebuke of the Rittenhouse aquittal.

I saw at least 50 headlines condemming Rittenhouse and the right of anyone to own common rifles or engage in self defense against known felons or hoodlums. And NOT ONE article or tv segment has been published in support of our 2A right to bear arms and defend against barbarians. There is no common ground.

The media is engaged with the left wing government propaganda in brainwashing Americans. When you say something enough times to ignorant, poorly educated people with minimal critical thinking skills, it will change their core beliefs. We see that with Trump supporters.

When the militarized police and government fail or refuse to defend the communities they were hired and sworn to protect then it falls to the public to defend their own community. Every man who was shot had a LONG history of VIOLENT FELONIES. Which the government and media withheld from the public.

I hold some of the highest firearm instructor certifications and state licenses you can get. I am a retired newspaper photojournalist. I understand the sides intimately, and yes I am biased toward the right of the common man to defend his life. The ability and right to be alive is fundemental, as is the right to defend that life. No one who isn't delusional, with an agenda, and totally ignoring reality, can watch those videos and not agree he acted in self defense. (Whether anybody should have been there is a separate issue, they all had the Right to be there.)

I know I'm preaching to the choir here for the most part. But there needs to be a congressional investigation and legislative action to protect (perhaps to FORCE) the integrety and freedom of the press. Maybe it is time to require equal time and force these seriously biased social companies (I can no longer in good faith call them news sources) to provide equal rebuttal, equal tv time, equal number of written space.

Meanwhile things are getting worse. ARMIES of criminals are now attacking major businesses. (80 armed thugs strip a Nordstroms.) When this comes to a town near you, or YOUR BLOCK, are you going to give up the property you worked your whole life for to some hoodlum? Or are you going to defend your community?

This one sided media blitz cannot be allowed to continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 09:37 AM

1,866 posts, read 939,478 times
Do some research on who the majority of people are who work for and run the media companies, and connect some dots.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:07 AM

17,503 posts, read 9,328,361 times
They clearly advocate Mob Rule.
They already have Mob Rule and out of control Violence & Riots in the Leftist controlled Cities.

They want this for everyone else.
Equity Misery

Old 11-22-2021, 10:10 AM

20,496 posts, read 12,431,569 times
Rittenhouse isnt about self-defense. The issue is protection of violent progressives. The media and the left are very intent on protecting their storm troopers when they are out rampaging.

Rittenhouse opened the door to non-progs standing up to the progressive mob. that cannot stand. They need to be free to intimidate and bully voters into cowering and surrendering to the mob.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:16 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,688,618 times
Because the media hates The United States and everything we stand for.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:21 AM

24,075 posts, read 15,189,958 times
Define self defense.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:24 AM

1,952 posts, read 836,819 times
You know who "the media" is....you know what "self defense" looks like.

...please

Old 11-22-2021, 10:35 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,688,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
Define media...
Any nightly news. At least that's what they claim to be.

According to them January 6 was a terrorist attack, insurrection (lol), but they literally called all the burning and destruction from BLM "racial justice protests" last week. ABC gave an interview to Jacob Blake's uncle after Rittenhouse was acquitted. Jacob Blake was fighting cops about to go for a knife/weapon because he didn't want to go back to jail so he got shot.

Kankles even went and told him she was proud of him. You can't make any of this crap up.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:42 AM

14,074 posts, read 5,690,446 times
Like damn near everything in politics, it comes down to individuals vs the collective.

Collectivists hate individualists, and vice versa. Only real difference is the individual seeks to be left alone by the collective, while the collective seeks to subjugate the individual and absorb/swallow them into their ranks.

Self-defense is the ultimate "leave me alone" expression against a forceful "no no, I will have my way with you" act of subjugating/oppressing. And if the individual successfully fights off the initiation of force, it not only scores that individual victory, but awards a point to Team Individual in the culture war.

Collectivists are all about narratives. Successful self-defense by individuals screws with the narrative that individuals are helpless before the mighty collective, so they shriek a little louder when the narrative is screwed with.

You are an individualist or you are a collectivist. There are no other groups.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:46 AM

18,095 posts, read 27,559,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Why is every single article on Rittenhouse in the media against self defense?
They must be sponsored by the NRA, sales bump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies