Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 01:51 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 15 days ago)

35,657 posts, read 18,021,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
My experience is mixed. One thing I've noticed about many of the democrats that I interact with (and I interact with a LOT of them) is that their empathy is selective. Despite saying they embrace liberty and inclusion, let them find out you're a republican and you are ipso facto racist, homophobic, xenophobic, ignorant, and other assorted characterological flaws. Perhaps you'll be tolerated as akin to a gas station attendant from rural Alabama?

I see this far too often, and the normalization of this is what our Mary "gem-of-a-human" Lemanski got caught up in, the notion that her views were so widely accepted that it's okay to say it publicly. Glad she's getting flamed, and maybe this will be a good gut check for some of the people who've been silent for so long and allowing these dangerous narratives to circulate.

You don't unite people by treating people who don't think like you as a common enemy, but since there's a critical mass of people who do this, it becomes groupthink and the since the last and the next person believes it to be acceptable, it isn't questioned. It should be.
Do you think that doesn't go both ways? When you read through this forum, and there are CONSTANT attempts to blame democrats, or predict bad behavior or bad thoughts of democrats that haven't even HAPPENED yet, and won't happen, and toss hate toward this amorphous blob of humans called the "dems" or "libs"?

It's a two - way street. But back to the topic. Anyone who thinks this woman's tweets represent how democrats feel, is not paying attention. Just living in their own heads and echo chamber media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 02:41 PM

38,007 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ma-rittenhouse

And they said all the Alec Baldwin memes were too soon...

Ughh.... The dredges of society sure have managed to find themselves in some high places in this nation At any rate, I would probably be a little deranged and mad at the world if I had a face like that
The insane people are now working themselves into the mainstream of democrat politics. Just look at how the hate mongers have taken over the democrat leadership.

Old 11-23-2021, 02:43 PM

30,472 posts, read 19,236,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ma-rittenhouse

And they said all the Alec Baldwin memes were too soon...

Ughh.... The dredges of society sure have managed to find themselves in some high places in this nation At any rate, I would probably be a little deranged and mad at the world if I had a face like that
She does sound like a perfect Democrat.

Old 11-23-2021, 02:43 PM

38,007 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you think that doesn't go both ways? When you read through this forum, and there are CONSTANT attempts to blame democrats, or predict bad behavior or bad thoughts of democrats that haven't even HAPPENED yet, and won't happen, and toss hate toward this amorphous blob of humans called the "dems" or "libs"?

It's a two - way street. But back to the topic. Anyone who thinks this woman's tweets represent how democrats feel, is not paying attention. Just living in their own heads and echo chamber media.
I don't see that. Joe Biden is many times worse than any Republicans on the forum were predicting he'd be as president.

Old 11-23-2021, 03:52 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
That’s not true. She’s a leader in the state party machine. She obviously isn’t alone in her perspective, or she never would have been given that job. In fact, I think you have to hold these kinds of radical “woke†views if you want to be a leader in the Democratic Party at this point. The entire organization has been hijacked by the “professional victim†crowd.

Not to mention, I’ve heard similar comments from other Democrats over the last couple of days. It’s really very sad that anyone would revel in the deaths of children. It’s good that she resigned (note she wasn’t fired), but her words merely reflect the sentiments of many in the “social justice warrior†crowd. Celebrating the deaths of white children is perfectly acceptable, even laudable, to those people.
A social media manger in a local county party is not part of the state party machine.

Old 11-23-2021, 05:00 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,331,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
A social media manger in a local county party is not part of the state party machine.
In additional to being the social media director, she's also an elected precinct committeewoman. Please do tell me how many positions a person has to hold in the party before they are part of the party leadership. I'm curious.

Old 11-23-2021, 05:07 PM

8,055 posts, read 10,651,352 times
My Mother has a saying that people will show you who they really are.

When they show you, believe them.

Old 11-23-2021, 05:09 PM

30,472 posts, read 19,236,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Right, she needs to be promoted to DNC Chair Psycho.

Old 11-23-2021, 05:11 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,774,210 times
I wonder how many Liberal losers secretly agree with this nutcase Leftist chick?

Old 11-23-2021, 05:16 PM

8,638 posts, read 10,169,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Clara, I thought you were an independent. Yet, at almost every turn, you are defending the Dems. Why is that? If Dems don't really feel the way their "leadership" does, then why aren't we hearing more about it? Why are they continuing to support the disaster this current administration has put and continues to put this country in? The left has gone SO FAR LEFT, that pragmatic thoughts are now considered "right-wing" - that's absurd. Unfortunately, so many people have caught onto this blank stare syndrome and I don't have to imagine that its damage is far worse for our futures than anything covid-related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies