Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 07:31 AM

473 posts, read 406,069 times

Advertisements

Yep, more than $10K from here over the last few years alone. No more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2021, 07:34 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I will never support any woke areas via my dollars or travel and I won't support woke corporations.
It is getting increasingly difficult to find organizations and corporations that aren't "woke".

Old 11-26-2021, 07:36 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Severe bummer. I always liked Salvation Army. What a horrible revelation, and coming on Thanksgiving Day as well.

Puke.

I realilze this is just an internal training document for employee Diversity Training. I realize instructors don't always read off the writtem materials. Often, they tone it down to keep people from getting too upset. Still and all, that Salvation Army would allow a consultant to produce and diseminate this tripe among employees, is unforgiveable.

Darn. My #1 charity is now kaput. Crap.
Puke is right! I will never donate to them again.

They managed to pizz off over 12,000 of their own employees/officers/etc. The article I linked to goes into detail about the petition they have signed.

It will be interesting to see their financial numbers in January. I can only imagine they will take a drastic nose dive financially during their biggest public cash donation season of the year.

Old 11-26-2021, 07:49 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
I discussed this with SO. The local Friends of the Shelter group will be positively surprised.

Old 11-26-2021, 07:53 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Should the apologies be delivered directly to the bucket? where should the apology be delivered in the case of the bucket holder also being a white man or women of privilege?
A thought, maybe everyone should drop a note into that bucket stating something like "Because of your new racist curriculum, you have received this note, withdrawing all my present and future support, instead of my normal monetary donations."

Old 11-26-2021, 08:51 AM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times
First Goodwill gets blasted for their treatment of employees, now SA sticks their foot in mouth. (Actually, I don't donate to SA because of their religious affiliation.)

We donate to local charities benefiting homeless people and animals.

Old 11-26-2021, 09:37 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ196 View Post
Anyone else looking for a new place for donations?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/salva...r-their-racism

I assume they will also use the donations based on race and not need. Like some others are already doing.
Guess I won't be dropping any more coins into the red buckets.

Sorry. Not.

Old 11-26-2021, 09:37 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
I don't know if the story is true or not. There is so much political BS circulating that everything has to be taken with an entire pound of salt and some effort put into sorting it out.

Salvation Army is a church and I don't donate to a church I don't belong to. Especially not that one where it is darn vague about what exactly it is that they do.

I make all of my donations locally, so I can see where the money is going and that it is actually being used for the cause and not being used to pay high administrator salaries. There are plenty of local groups that do good work that could use donation money and who spend it wisely.

Old 11-26-2021, 11:25 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
First Goodwill gets blasted for their treatment of employees, now SA sticks their foot in mouth. (Actually, I don't donate to SA because of their religious affiliation.)

We donate to local charities benefiting homeless people and animals.
I have not stepped a foot into a Goodwill location to donate after the local manager took a small present I gave an employee out of her hand in front of me. She helped me with directions on my second day in Small Town USA. A box of candy with a bow. No wrapping paper as I was a stranger.

Old 11-26-2021, 02:10 PM

178 posts, read 82,638 times
I also want my donations to go to people that will appreciate it. Not ones that have been told they are entitled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies