Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2021, 07:57 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Just for the record, this is not the "nu" variant. This one has not been assigned a greek letter yet. The nu variant proved to be a poor competitor for delta and is out of the news right now.
I thought that one was "mu". Not "nu." But who can keep up lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2021, 07:57 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,229 times
If Biden overreacts to this he might break the record for lowest approval ever which I think is 28%

Old 11-26-2021, 08:00 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Just for the record, this is not yet the "nu" variant. This one has not been assigned a greek letter yet though it could be. The old nu variant candidate proved to be a poor competitor for delta and is out of the news right now.
Perhaps we should call it the Omega Variant for maximum psychological effect.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:00 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Doesn't matter. South Africa is well connected to other parts of the world.

It will spread through Africa, Europe, and Asia. And it will find its way here, if it hasn't already.

Its in Hong Kong and Israel. Which means its probably here already.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:03 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I work out of my house. I can easily cut my outside contact to near zero if I feel the need and this thing gets real bad. Tell me exactly my risk?
Things are already "really bad for you". A reminder: you landed up in the hospital. Forget the Nu variant for a moment. And forget that you are not getting any younger. Eventually, you are going to be susceptible to getting another round of COVID again. So even if it is Delta, YOU are at a much higher risk when your immune system goes back to normal. How did that escape you?

Ask 50 doctors what you should do. Good luck with your decision!

Old 11-26-2021, 08:04 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Sure. And I'll be getting mine.

You are making an interesting bet. Let's see, you ended up in the hospital with a milder version of COVID than the Delta variant. So we have established you are more at risk of landing up in the hospital than 95%+ of other people walking the planet. Each year you are getting older and have not yet gotten the more contagious and infectious Delta variant. And Nu the variant is TBD. Your approach is to pass on the boosters. Good luck! IMO, that's "unique" logic.

There IS no milder version of covid. Remember how virus' mutate. More infectious but less virulent (deadly).

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Just for the record, this is not yet the "nu" variant. This one has not been assigned a greek letter yet though it could be. The old nu variant candidate proved to be a poor competitor for delta and is out of the news right now.
It will probably be "Nu" by the end of the day. WHO will decide if its Nu. Who knew? They are meeting today. And you are speaking of Mu previously.

New coronavirus variant will likely be called 'nu' if WHO determines it merits being named: Evercore

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its in Hong Kong and Israel. Which means its probably here already.
Yeah. By the time we detect them, they are everywhere in today's world. If it is as contagious as delta there is not much we can do at this point except for the age old social distancing. Even then, without an effective vaccine (and people will to take it) it will spread until everyone is either recovered or dead. In that process, another variant will come along. The Chinese may have succeeded in eliminating human life before climate change and environmental destruction does (though some argue that covid is a consequence of environmental destruction).

Old 11-26-2021, 08:05 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Things are already "really bad for you". A reminder: you landed up in the hospital. Forget the Nu variant for a moment. And forget that you are not getting any younger. Eventually, you are going to be susceptible to getting another round of COVID again. So even if it is Delta, YOU are at a much higher risk when your immune system goes back to normal. How did that escape you?
He has previously acquired COVID, so his immune system is primed for a second attack. Even if he gets it again, it should be milder.

However, if he keeps boosting, he will slowly erase his immune response to the virus and replace it to that of the vaccines. Which are much worse.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:07 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Ok shut the world down again. Let's all live in a bubble. Lets become Australia. Every year there will be a new strain. It is what it is. I choose to live my life. I suspect most American's feel the way I do. I do not want COVID. However I will live my life and if I catch it then I catch it. I refuse to live my life in fear. I also refuse to let politicians and bureaucrats dictate what I do and how I do it. Live life. Don't live in fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies