Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2021, 02:09 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
The vaccines were ~95% government funded, capital just collects the profits with no risks lol

The only large country that has actually succeeded against COVID is Communist China.
Then move to Communist China. You will be missed...for all of a nanosecond.

Quote:
It's weird how everyone posting about getting COVID survived. Obviously this means 100% of people who get COVID survive right?
The overwhelming majority of people who get covid survive. That is an indisputable fact. And for certain segments of the population, yes, the percentage is effectively 100%.

Dead people don't post on forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 02:16 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
99.984% of China's covid cases in the last 18 months survived.

How did that happen?

Also, it would be weird if a someone posted that they got covid and died.
Florida hasn't even had a case of COVID in 10 days, we should be talking to them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Dead people don't post on forums.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:20 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Florida hasn't even had a case of COVID in 10 days, we should be talking to them!

This isn't the first time I've posed that China scenario to you - and you dodge it yet again.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:37 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
The vaccines were ~95% government funded, capital just collects the profits with no risks lol

The only large country that has actually succeeded against COVID is Communist China. It's weird how everyone posting about getting COVID survived. Obviously this means 100% of people who get COVID survive right?
I believe what the posters are pointing out is getting covid isn’t a automatic death sentence, I knew people who had died from covid, I know a dear lady who is vaccinated up who caught covid and had it worse then a friend who had it and is unvaccinated.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:49 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I believe what the posters are pointing out is getting covid isn’t a automatic death sentence, I knew people who had died from covid, I know a dear lady who is vaccinated up who caught covid and had it worse then a friend who had it and is unvaccinated.
Absolutely nobody in the entire world has asserted that COVID is an automatic death sentence, that's completely irrelevant. You can survive being shot in the head, that doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's a matter of probabilities, and right now COVID is one of, if not the leading cause of death in America.

What the posters are saying is that most people (more than 90%) survive COVID therefore it doesn't matter, which is why they are obviously completely wrong.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:54 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
It’s pretty funny how liberals believe if they keep insulting the right, that the right (on a global level) will ever get fully vaccinated.

If your grand plan depends on your enemy becoming your friend, you should probably get a better plan.

Old 12-01-2021, 04:05 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It’s pretty funny how liberals believe if they keep insulting the right, that the right (on a global level) will ever get fully vaccinated.

If your grand plan depends on your enemy becoming your friend, you should probably get a better plan.
I can’t rep you again at the moment but you nailed it!

Old 12-01-2021, 04:18 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Absolutely nobody in the entire world has asserted that COVID is an automatic death sentence, that's completely irrelevant. You can survive being shot in the head, that doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's a matter of probabilities, and right now COVID is one of, if not the leading cause of death in America.

What the posters are saying is that most people (more than 90%) survive COVID therefore it doesn't matter, which is why they are obviously completely wrong.
No.

What I've said repeatedly is that covid is here, it's not going anywhere and we need to learn to live with it.

If you want to get vaccinated and stay locked in your house, that's your choice.

Just as it's mine to remain unvaccinated and live my life.

Old 12-01-2021, 05:15 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
China's a lying liar who lies.
It was a sarcastic comment. Of course they are lying. We will never know how many covid cases and deaths they have had and never know exactly how this started. But we should not be doing business with them. Zero trade. We did fine before China took over most of our imports. We will figure it out.

Quote:
They bulk of their deaths all took place before May of 2020. Since then, they say they've only had less than 15,000 cases plus about 8,800 asymptomatic cases. And 4 deaths. (Figures May 2020-Oct/Nov 2021)

That's a case fatality rate of 0.016%.

Either they're lying on their numbers or their withholding a super duper great covid cure.
Look New Zealand and Australia are isolated. They shut everything down when they found one case. Everyone quarantined when they came there. They are tiny countries easier to control. Australia has twice as many cases as China. And China is 56 times bigger. New Zealand has 2,000 cases per million. Which is very low, one of the lowest. China its 69 cases per million.

Old 12-01-2021, 05:17 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
99.984% of China's covid cases in the last 18 months survived.

How did that happen?

Also, it would be weird if a someone posted that they got covid and died.
How did you come up with that? Lol.

About 99 thousand cases, 4.6 thousand deaths. Need help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies