Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2021, 01:14 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,801,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Lack of competence for sure. Whether they knew or not that the vaccine was a best a band-aid for a few months I don't know. And neither do you.
What I do know is that they knowingly and intentionally sold the vaccines to the American People as the thing that will end covid, not a bandaid. Turns out, falsely so.

I don't make it a habit of buying anything from someone who doesn't deliver the promised outcomes again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2021, 01:25 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,122,273 times
Since Omicron is new, no one knows it's impact on people by age, gender, vaccination status, you'd think CDC would be tracking all of this and updating the public. A dashboard listing all confirmed Omicron cases, their age, gender, travel history, vaccination status, and symptoms (mild, moderate, hospitalization, death). This would allow for true evidence based medicine.

Instead they're telling people to get boosters with no data.

Also, some vaccines may work better than others, so it's helpful to get their vaccination status by vaccine type.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:40 PM

8,143 posts, read 3,702,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Lol. 6 months of imperfect immunity is an abject failure by any definition of that word, especially when it was initially sold as the shot that would end covid.
Sorry, kindergarten math is not on your side.

BTW, to help you with the timeline, in those 6 months large portions of the world (poorer countries) remained pretty much completely unvaccinated. And the significantly more contagious Delta originated in almost completely unvaccinated at that time India.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:42 PM

8,143 posts, read 3,702,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Much better than no vaccines. And anyway it was the emergence of the Delta that was the main point, not the waning vaccines.

Bi-yearly vaccinations are quite easy to do for most people. We should consider the world lucky if that is all it takes in the long run.
You are making way too much sense for many of the esteemed posters here to handle.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:43 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,801,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post

BTW, to help you with the timeline, in those 6 months large portions of the world (poorer countries) remained pretty much completely unvaccinated. And the significantly more contagious Delta originated in almost completely unvaccinated at that time India.
Sorry, simple English is not on your side.

The people peddling the vaccines promised that they would end covid. Implied within those promises are ALL variants of covid. They didn't. In fact, it ended no variant whatsoever of covid. Simple as that.

Outcomes were promised. They were not delivered. In the business world, that's called a failure. In fact, it was such an abject failure that the CDC had to change the definition of a vaccine to continue peddling its narrative.

Sorry, ain't buying it.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post

We don't know how well the vaccines would have worked against Alpha because Delta replaced Alpha.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:56 PM

39,096 posts, read 51,300,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
According to this article(https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/04/covi...ron-cases.html) they range in age and vaccination status:

The case list:

So fully vaccinated.

2nd cases fully vaccinated.

3rd case, boosted.

4th case, fully vaccinated.

Not vaccinated.

1 vaccinated, 5 not.

3 cases, 2 vaccinated, 1 not.

1 case, no info.

1 case, no info.

Fully vaccinated, had moderate symptoms (aka she developed pneumonia).

8 cases, no info.

1 case, fully vaccinated.

So the tally is: 9 fully vaccinated (at least 1 boosted), 7 not vaccinated, with 9 no info.

The one who did the worst was fully vaccinated.

Let's see if my prediction holds. For the fully vaccinated, 1 developed pneumonia (=moderate symptoms) and the other 8 were fine. All 7 none vaccinated were fine. Not a lot of info the 9, either their vaccination or symptom status. But given 8 of those are from NY, I bet all were fully vaccinated.
Many cases are linked to international travel or attendance at places where vaccinations were required. So one would expect the numbers to be high in the very earliest cases of omicron. Consider also that we don't get statistics on how many people were exposed to omicron and DID NOT get symptoms. There were 50000 supposedly vaccinated people at the New York convention. One got omicron. There are hundreds of vaccinated people who fly into US airports from affected areas of Africa each day. A mere handful contracted omicron covid.

Based on RSA data the bulk of people who get omicron variant covid there are unvaccinated. But, you say, the vast majority of RSA population is unvaccinated. Get my point?

Let's wait till we have a few ten thousand community spread cases before posting misleading data.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Many cases are linked to international travel or attendance at places where vaccinations were required. So one would expect the numbers to be high in the very earliest cases of omicron. Consider also that we don't get statistics on how many people were exposed to omicron and DID NOT get symptoms. There were 50000 supposedly vaccinated people at the New York convention. One got omicron. There are hundreds of vaccinated people who fly into US airports from affected areas of Africa each day. A mere handful contracted omicron covid.

Based on RSA data the bulk of people who get omicron variant covid there are unvaccinated. But, you say, the vast majority of RSA population is unvaccinated. Get my point?

Let's wait till we have a few ten thousand community spread cases before posting misleading data.
Yeah, I agree too early to tell if it's infecting one group (vaccinated) vs another (unvaccinated) more in this country. Though I should add all the early cases in SA and Botswana were among vaccinated people.

I posted that to first and foremost keep people updated on the situation but to also note one oddity, the only person to develop moderate disease (aka pneumonia) was fully vaccinated, even though the known cases among vaccinated (9) and unvaccinated (7) are roughly equal. Still way too early to tell.

My prediction based on the mutations is it will hit the vaccinated harder.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:15 PM

30,200 posts, read 11,854,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
What I do know is that they knowingly and intentionally sold the vaccines to the American People as the thing that will end covid, not a bandaid. Turns out, falsely so.

I don't make it a habit of buying anything from someone who doesn't deliver the promised outcomes again.
Right but you or I do not know if they were intentionally lying or believed what they said was true. So its not a fraud or a scam if they believed what they said.

I don't blame you for not trusting them. I don't either. It could turn out they knew it is was a bandaid and knew that if they told people that, they would not get vaccinated.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Right but you or I do not know if they were intentionally lying or believed what they said was true. So its not a fraud or a scam if they believed what they said.

I don't blame you for not trusting them. I don't either. It could turn out they knew it is was a bandaid and knew that if they told people that, they would not get vaccinated.
Bill Gates said during the vaccine roll out in early 2021 they were a bandaid until better vaccines could be produced. I highlighted that on this forum somewhere, but was ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies