Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2021, 08:58 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochelle_Walensky Here is a summary of here pedigree. She received her molecular biology UG degree at Washington University. Most less-educated people think Wash U is located in Washington. But it is highly competitive. lol Then she attended Johns Hopkins School of Medicine which is an ultra-competitive medical school. Normally you need to be in the top 5% to have a fighting chance to attend. Then she went off to work at Mass General Hospital (arguably one of the most talented groups of physicians walking the planet; certainly higher brain power than the Mayo). Our son did several rotations at Mass General when he was in medical school. And she was also a professor at Harvard Medical School. they let just anybody in. lol

Always, she might know a thing or two about infectious diseases. Also, since she was on the board of directors at Brigham hospital in Boston; arguably in the top 2-3 hospitals in the world, she has an understanding of how a hospital works. And considering her position, she could pick up the phone and talk with anyone around the world to understand the impact of this variant.

Nope! She is an idiot and "fear-monger". Because the wise "toodie" said so. lol Toodie, thank you for waking me up! lol We need smart people like you walking the planet.
Her resume means nothing if she can't perform at work. The majority of Washington politicians have impressive pedigrees but they're also, on average, dumber than a kitchen sink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 10:47 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,163,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Her resume means nothing if she can't perform at work. The majority of Washington politicians have impressive pedigrees but they're also, on average, dumber than a kitchen sink.
What's your pedigree? Inquiring minds want to know! Tell us what you know so much on the topic. So much so to call her out as "unable to perform her work".

Old 12-10-2021, 10:57 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
What's your pedigree? Inquiring minds want to know! Tell us what you know so much on the topic. So much so to call her out as "unable to perform her work".
According to our own government bureaucrats, the Pandemic isn't over and it cost taxpayers $8 trillion and it nearly cost hundreds of thousands of landlords their investment properties. THAT is the output of her work. Failure, failure and more failure.

I'm not going to bother listing the long list of things she's been wrong about throughout the Pandemic(TM). And throw Fraud Fauci in that bucket too. Fauci doesn't even know where the organization he's director of is sending its research money.

Last edited by albert648; 12-10-2021 at 11:07 AM..

Old 12-10-2021, 11:02 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Liberals love to worship resumes while supporting terrible policies. Personally I don't dispute that Walensky is perfectly overqualified to stand at a podium and make excuses for why better things aren't possible.

Old 12-10-2021, 11:20 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Default Some early information

Some early information:
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...tious-optimism

Old 12-10-2021, 01:49 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,163,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Liberals love to worship resumes while supporting terrible policies. Personally I don't dispute that Walensky is perfectly overqualified to stand at a podium and make excuses for why better things aren't possible.
For starters, I'm not a Liberal. But I am impressed with brilliant and accomplished people. Aren't you?? My point was that when you are dumb as a box of rocks on a topic, then keep your mouth shut. By critiquing someone 1000x smarter than you on a topic makes you look stupid.

Now we can debate US COVID policies (many of which have been overreaching). And we don't need to be experts on a virus to have an opinion on policy.

It's really basic. IF she said hospitals had a high risk of filling up, then as someone who understands hospitals (board of directors), as well as an expert on the topic, Walensky should know better than a guy typing on a forum that really, isn't all that smart.

I do know what she said yesterday. Does this sound like fear-mongering)?

https://apnews.com/article/ap-interv...0f892e22a5377f
She said “the disease is mild” in almost all of the cases seen so far, with reported symptoms mainly cough, congestion and fatigue. One person was hospitalized, but no deaths have been reported, CDC officials said."

And here is an interview on ABC https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/numb...ry?id=81558195 Watch. 0.00% "fear-mongering". Unless of course, someone has such colored vision by their politics. I call them as I see it. I'll be the 1st one to rip on her if she is "fear-mongering". Seriously, look at that ABC video. The person who was baiting her to say it was going to get "worse" (by trying to project that it is more transmissible) was the non-technical talking head. The interviewee wanted Walensky to say we were all screwed. And if you watch it, Walensky didn't bite!

Old 12-10-2021, 01:55 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:

She said “the disease is mild” in almost all of the cases seen so far, with reported symptoms mainly cough, congestion and fatigue. One person was hospitalized, but no deaths have been reported, CDC officials said."

Well, she's the first person to mention cough or congestion as Omicron symptoms. Every single report in says there are no preparatory symptoms at all. Who should we believe?

Old 12-10-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
For starters, I'm not a Liberal. But I am impressed with brilliant and accomplished people. Aren't you?? My point was that when you are dumb as a box of rocks on a topic, then keep your mouth shut. By critiquing someone 1000x smarter than you on a topic makes you look stupid.

Now we can debate US COVID policies (many of which have been overreaching). And we don't need to be experts on a virus to have an opinion on policy.

It's really basic. IF she said hospitals had a high risk of filling up, then as someone who understands hospitals (board of directors), as well as an expert on the topic, Walensky should know better than a guy typing on a forum that really, isn't all that smart.

And here is an interview on ABC https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/numb...ry?id=81558195 Watch. 0.00% "fear-mongering". Unless of course, someone has such colored vision by their politics. I call them as I see it. I'll be the 1st one to rip on her if she is "fear-mongering". Seriously, look at that ABC video. The person who was baiting her to say it was going to get "worse" (by trying to project that it is more transmissible) was the non-technical talking head. The interviewee wanted Walensky to say we were all screwed. And if you watch it, Walensky didn't bite!
We are all screwed though, saying otherwise proves she's dumb as a box of rocks (or paid to act as such).

Old 12-10-2021, 02:19 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:

She did qualify it though by saying most of the 40 odd people who have had it were vaccinated travelers and their contacts. We know from the Pfizer and RSA lab tests that the vaccines and prior infectoin provide protection against serious illness because the cellular immunity they confer is preserved even in omicron. There is no data yet on how unvaccinated people will be affected once it makes its rounds among that group.

Anyway, while all the speculation over omicron is interesting the fact is that right now we are dealing with delta. Delta will claim tens of thousands of lives, almost all of them unvaccinated people, over the next few weeks as omicron advances. Needless, preventable deaths. Living in the moment, not much has changed.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 12-10-2021 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: q`

Old 12-10-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She did qualify it though by saying most of the 40 odd people who have had it were vaccinated travelers and their contacts. We know from the Pfizer and RSA lab tests that the vaccines and prior infectoin provide protection against serious illness because the cellular immunity they confer is preserved even in omicron. There is no data yet on how unvaccinated people will be affected once it makes its rounds among that group.

Anyway, while all the speculation over omicron is interesting the fact is that right now we are dealing with delta. Delta will claim tens of thousands of lives, almost all of them unvaccinated people, over the next few weeks as omicron advances. Needless, preventable deaths. Living in the moment, not much has changed.
Likely as not Omicron will be the dominant variant by the time any new vaccinations would become fully effective. We very much need to deal with Omicron right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies