Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2021, 09:02 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Drugs have more side effects than vaccines. Getting infected has far more side effects than vaccines.
It depends on the drug and on the vaccine. We know ivermectin is extremely safe. The Covid vaccine is more dangerous than any other vaccine by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2021, 09:02 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
I wonder with this federal contract mandate when the definition of "fully vaccinated" changes... right now I got my Moderna shot in April. I'm due for a booster. I choose not to get it until Novavax is released here. Am I considered "not vaccinated" in the eyes of the law? They haven't mentioned anything like that at work.

Old 11-26-2021, 09:04 AM

18,439 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This new variant sounds really bad, no indication that current vaccines will work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
no indication they wont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
This "new variant" was found in only 4 people....

....and all 4 of them were fully vaccinated

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ly-vaccinated/

Old 11-26-2021, 09:04 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It depends on the drug and on the vaccine. We know ivermectin is extremely safe. The Covid vaccine is more dangerous than any other vaccine by far.

It is not as safe as the vaccines and there is overwhelming evidence it it does not have value for COVID-19.

Old 11-26-2021, 09:05 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I wonder with this federal contract mandate when the definition of "fully vaccinated" changes... right now I got my Moderna shot in April. I'm due for a booster. I choose not to get it until Novavax is released here. Am I considered "not vaccinated" in the eyes of the law? They haven't mentioned anything like that at work.

Two shots of Pfizer or Moderna, one of J&J.

Old 11-26-2021, 09:06 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Please tell us the scale here? It is proven that vaccines are very effective at preventing severe disease. Just because it is not 100% does not mean the vaccines are not a much better alternative to getting a deadly infection.

What are your qualifications for ,making statements about immunity etc.?
I know about 20 people who have had Covid. Almost all of them had Covid prior to the vaccine being available, none of these people were hospitalized, two were high risk. Post vaccine I know three people who had Covid, all were fully vaccinated, one of those three is now dead, a very high risk person.

We are allowed to make observations in life and this is my observation based on experience.

Old 11-26-2021, 09:06 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I believe because it was felt that the current vaccine was very effective against Delta, and so not worth the time involved in producing a new version:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronav...pfizer-moderna

https://www.businessinsider.com/delt...essary-2021-10

As for failing miserably about preventing our health facilities from being overwhelmed: since some 80 million people in the United States refuse the vaccine, it is no wonder that infections remain high and are again rising.

As noted, if not for the overwhelming public acceptance of the polio vaccine, we would still have kids in iron lungs.
Lol polio was not like that and was already dropping significantly before the vaccine.

Old 11-26-2021, 09:07 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
It is not as safe as the vaccines and there is overwhelming evidence it it does not have value for COVID-19.
It's safer.

About as effective at lowering risks of dying and hospitalizations when the vaccines are at their most effective. And far more effective than the vaccines as they wane.

It's not variant specific, so unlike mass vaccinations, not driving evolution of more infectious variants.

No risk of ADE with IVM.

Old 11-26-2021, 09:08 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
We also take supplements and have been exposed to Covid but haven’t gotten it yet. The December 2019 timeframe is when we knew a ton of people who were very sick with a flu like bug but it was not flu. I bet your mom is right that she had Covid then.

I was trying to trace the roots of covid if it was already spreading around rural eastern South Dakota in December 2019 which all evidence suggests, could it really have escaped Wuhan just 2 months prior in October or was it spreading even back in the summer?

I completely call bull**** to this article here just released a week ago which suggests the first person got Covid from a Wuhan market in December 2019...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ience-journal/

they are asking me to believe totally different from what experience tells me, this virus was spreading around the world in the autumn 2019 already. They are trying to change the narrative again 1984 style. Save articles like this one so they don't try their revisionist history BS again.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/coro...ard-study.html

There's also the matter of this mystery outbreak that occurred even earlier...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/respirator...ry?id=64275865

Old 11-26-2021, 09:08 AM

10,846 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Quote:

whats that smell?

oh thats right....narrative...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies