Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2021, 05:40 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times

Advertisements

Those touting the reports of how mild the infection is should read the entire story. The cohort this doctor treated is primarily university students and entirely people 40 and under. They would be expected to have a mild course of illness. That is not saying it will not be mild, especially in the vaccinated, but it is not a foregone conclusion based on this sample.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 05:49 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Those touting the reports of how mild the infection is should read the entire story. The cohort this doctor treated is primarily university students and entirely people 40 and under. They would be expected to have a mild course of illness. That is not saying it will not be mild, especially in the vaccinated, but it is not a foregone conclusion based on this sample.
That is correct so there is still hope yet for panic lovers.

Old 11-30-2021, 05:49 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Okay....should I panic now. Or wait until there is more known about it, or if it has reached the U.S. ?

Old 11-30-2021, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Okay....should I panic now. Or wait until there is more known about it, or if it has reached the U.S. ?
Did you see Blast from the Past?. If you have a panic shelter set up like that, go there and lock the doors for the next 20 years, Omicron might be finished with its destruction by then.

Old 11-30-2021, 05:58 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Did you see Blast from the Past?. If you have a panic shelter set up like that, go there and lock the doors for the next 20 years, Omicron might be finished with its destruction by then.

You should embrace the panic. The left will not be able to resist over reacting. That is good for the GOP.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You should embrace the panic. The left will not be able to resist over reacting. That is good for the GOP.
I don't think so. panicked people will give away their rights and freedoms and demand everyone give up their freedoms, and that is exactly the goal of the authoritarian Left.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:06 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
It would be funny to me until it started effecting my life. I cannot go to NYC and eat at a restaurant there anymore without faking papers or slipping into some small hole in the wall places. We have gone insane.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:10 AM

Quote:
I don't think so. panicked people will give away their rights and freedoms and demand everyone give up their freedoms, and that is exactly the goal of the authoritarian Left.
Don't panic. The dems are not as powerful as you fear.

Biden has already done everything he can. He steps into totally unconstitutional territory the SCOTUS will slap him back. They may want to do all sorts of things but Biden cannot do much more at this point. Now states can. But it would be political suicide to go back to what they did in 2020. If they do that will it flip some of their states red. You want the pandemic to keep raging. It does not help the dems.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:14 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Lol...I remember that movie...it was kind of funny. Would love to have a bunker like that, not that I'd be using it now though.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It would be funny to me until it started effecting my life. I cannot go to NYC and eat at a restaurant there anymore without faking papers or slipping into some small hole in the wall places. We have gone insane.

I could care less about NYC. I am not venturing into any blue states. Let them crash and burn. I am not giving them my money. There is nothing they have I need. Lots of restaurants all over the country that are back to normal. Where I am there have been zero government enforced mandates on covid. Zero. And that is not going to change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies