Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2021, 06:50 AM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times

Advertisements

I read this morning that this new virus has been found in 18 countries.
It figures though .... incubation period. People not showing symptoms travelled.
I figured it couldn't be contained because of that.

Man vs Mother Nature....Mother Nature wins. Mother Nature always wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 06:52 AM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Vaxx doesn't work on Omicron so be sure and get your booster. before it arrives

I know. That is the worst logic ever. How does more of something that does not work make it suddenly work?

Old 11-30-2021, 06:54 AM

17,426 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I know. That is the worst logic ever. How does more of something that does not work make it suddenly work?

Science.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:57 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Look they have been squeezing us since the Patriot Act and all the spying that has been going on. They get caught red handed and nothing changes. Perhaps eventually enough of this will wake people up. That is a big reason I cannot support either party. There are a few good people mixed in there but 99% are not. Justin Amash would be one good one who fled the GOP. I like Rand Paul and of course his dad was great. But just pointing a finger at the other side changes nothing. Just locks people into voting for a lesser of two evils.
I voted for Rand Paul in the Repub primary and his Dad before that. I support getting rid of the FBI, CIA, NSA, and any other agencies that are spying on US citizens like, for example, candidates for President that they don't like.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:58 AM

17,426 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I read this morning that this new virus has been found in 18 countries.
It figures though .... incubation period. People not showing symptoms travelled.
I figured it couldn't be contained because of that.

Man vs Mother Nature....Mother Nature wins. Mother Nature always wins.
I believe before a new strain makes enough noise to register on scientist's radar, it's already been circulating for about two months.

So yep ... it's most likely here and spreading.

It's game on for the people who thrive on being scared of covid. This is their Superbowl.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Science.
Politics?

Old 11-30-2021, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I believe before a new strain makes enough noise to register on scientist's radar, it's already been circulating for about two months.

So yep ... it's most likely here and spreading.

It's game on for the people who thrive on being scared of covid. This is their Superbowl.
So far looking like a really poor Superbowl but they are marketing it well.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I voted for Rand Paul in the Repub primary and his Dad before that. I support getting rid of the FBI, CIA, NSA, and any other agencies that are spying on US citizens like, for example, candidates for President that they don't like.

It is masterful work by the two parties over the years. They keep taking rights away from us then misdirecting the public into not giving it much thought or its for our own good. Taken right out of the "1984" playbook. Their biggest fear has to be everyone waking up. That is why Snowden and Assange had to be crushed.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I'm due for the booster shot but the vaxxes can kill you or cause heart problems (gave my son a heart attack) so I'm not going to do it unless it seems like the booster has a net positive effect over the risk of the booster.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:14 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,578,117 times
So I'm curious. If pharma comes out with an Omicron version of the vaccines, will the people recently on their 3rd or 4th old version booster have to wait 5-6 months to become eligible? I mean, you can't just booster up anytime you feel like it, right? It reminds me of when current iPhone sales plummet when rumors of the next version release begin to circulate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies