Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 08:32 AM

10,760 posts, read 5,676,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They are of mixed race then not just white, racially. The proper terms are Mestizo or Mulatto. It has nothing to do with skin color.
Based on the description provided by gentlearts, “Mulatto” would not be the proper term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2021, 08:33 AM

10,867 posts, read 4,540,181 times
like most americans, I am an assembly peoples such that my 4 corners are german, wasp, cherokee and brigham young is my 'number of greats' uncle. ergo, I am american.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:34 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Since Biden and the Democrats took over, everyone has to have a label. I never was aware that it was necessary to identify someone by pronouns, color of skin or nationality until the current administration reared racism back into the media.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:34 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'm not white. A sheet of paper is white. "Black people" are not black. Jet Stone is black. If you insist on labeling me according to my skin hue, call me "pale terracotta."
I'm a "Person of Color"...a kind of Phoenix tanned white.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:36 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm a "Person of Color"...a kind of Phoenix tanned white.
See there! We can be far more creative than just boring black and white.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:37 AM

10,867 posts, read 4,540,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Based on the description provided by gentlearts, “Mulatto” would not be the proper term.

oye como va
mi ritmo

bueno par gozar
mulata

Old 11-26-2021, 08:56 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
Correct. I'm speaking only for myself.

I don't consider the UK part of "Europe", particularly since it's no longer in the EU, but you are correct in that it is part of the European continent.
It really doesn't matter what you, as an American, "considers" about the UK or any other country.

I can assure you that Brits consider themselves part of Europe, Brexit notwithstanding. Because the UK being part of Europe is a fact.

I'm one (of many) who proudly calls herself European American.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-26-2021 at 09:05 AM..

Old 11-26-2021, 09:01 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
I don't see anything inherently wrong with being "white", lower-case, although I acknowledge past and continuing wrongs that white people have done and do.

But "White" is a left-wing term that I don't want to be called.
Quote:
Correct. I'm speaking only for myself.

I don't consider the UK part of "Europe", particularly since it's no longer in the EU, but you are correct in that it is part of the European continent.

OK, so you have no problem with collective white guilt/wrong-doing, but you draw the line at a capitalized "White" group descriptor and the UK being considered part of Europe.

Even more disturbing, you felt so strongly about being labeled "White" or "European-American" that you started a thread to ***** about it.

If those with an African heritage are "Blacks" or "African-Americans," then I'll be "White" or "European-American" just so we can all stay on the same page.

As for White/European-American wrong-doing and collective guilt, I am totally on board as long as I, and every other White/European-American, also gets full credit for every single thing we did as a race to improve the lives of of every non-White that has ever lived.

Bottom line: if you are not White/European-American and you don't live in disease-infested Sub-Saharan hellhole where neighboring tribes invade about every fifteen minutes and the average life expectancy is five, each and every day of your life should be dedicated to showing gratitude to the Whites/European-Americans that created an alternative to such a place.

Old 11-26-2021, 09:04 AM

9,136 posts, read 6,191,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I'd prefer to be called by my given name.
And don't call me late for dinner!

Old 11-26-2021, 09:08 AM

3,703 posts, read 4,852,685 times
Im proud to be white, White, ****** ( they blocked out h.o.n.k.y.????, cracker, a hole...whatever anyone wants to call me. I'm not an offended PC snowflake. I have no guilt, regrets or problems with our history just like any other race should have no problems with theirs.

I'm not a European or Norweigan American as I was born here in the USA. Though I am proud of and feel my Viking roots have guided me to my career choice. (No, not piliging, raping and looting)

My mom was an immigrant from a little island in Norway but I was born and raised here so am a pure American. Yep, I am a native American and don't have one drop of American Indian blood. Likewise, my mom lived since she immigrated here in the 50's and died last year as an American though she could have been referred to as a Norwegian-American.

I am not Norwegian. It cracks me up when people say they are Italian or Mexican when they and their parents were born here. But they can call themselves whatever they want. It is nice to be proud of your roots but they are just like me.

And this African-American crap? The only African-American I know is a white guy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies