Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 08:53 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,247,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
From that link

"Florida... statewide new-case positivity rate rose to 13.8% this week, up from 5.3% last week and 2.6% the week before."
That is a very significant increase. Compounded by the huge increase in testing and you have lots of people in Florida positive.
You may think being positive is no big deal but that is not what this thread it about.
Florida is seeing a large increase in covid. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 08:56 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,648,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
That is a very significant increase. Compounded by the huge increase in testing and you have lots of people in Florida positive.
You may think being positive is no big deal but that is not what this thread it about.
Florida is seeing a large increase in covid. Period.
And as more and more testing occurs, the positivity rate becomes way more accurate. Remember how the ideal was to keep the positivity rate below 5%? My state just hit about 11%. There's lots of COVID around right now and whether or not this surge buckles the hospitals or healthcare remains to be seen at this point.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:32 AM

17,599 posts, read 6,890,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
And as more and more testing occurs, the positivity rate becomes way more accurate. Remember how the ideal was to keep the positivity rate below 5%? My state just hit about 11%. There's lots of COVID around right now and whether or not this surge buckles the hospitals or healthcare remains to be seen at this point.
Panicked sheep are stampeding to get tested because they have been living in fear for 2+ years thanks to Democrats.

I don't believe there's some huge increase in COVID all of a sudden. It's just more testing.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:38 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,585 times
I knew that this thread would hit its expiration date quickly. The virus comes in waves and bragging about Florida’s case rate at the lowest wave was premature.

Forget about infections, look at deaths in that state…..at 62,000 that’s almost twice the rate of California. Nothing to be proud of. https://usafacts.org/visualizations/.../state/florida

Masks and vaccines work.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I knew that this thread would hit its expiration date quickly. The virus comes in waves and bragging about Florida’s case rate at the lowest wave was premature.

Forget about infections, look at deaths in that state…..at 62,000 that’s almost twice the rate of California. Nothing to be proud of. https://usafacts.org/visualizations/.../state/florida

Masks and vaccines work.
Cloth masks are useless. Vaccines do not prevent you from getting COVID. Stop spreading propaganda.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Panicked sheep are stampeding to get tested because they have been living in fear for 2+ years thanks to Democrats.

I don't believe there's some huge increase in COVID all of a sudden. It's just more testing.
Whether you believe it or not really doesn't matter. If people have been living in fear for 2+ years it doesn't really matter.
The numbers are what the numbers are. Covid is increasing significantly.

What the impact of that is anyone's guess.
Certainly it impacts international travel and cruises.
Certainly it impacts hospital workers who can't work if they are positive, so that will influence hospital care.

Don't know if it influences workers from going to work. It may not have any impact in Florida because workers will show up anyway.
Can you still go to school or teach if you test positive? Is that allowed in florida?

Old 12-26-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Whether you believe it or not really doesn't matter. If people have been living in fear for 2+ years it doesn't really matter.
The numbers are what the numbers are. Covid is increasing significantly.

What the impact of that is anyone's guess.
Certainly it impacts international travel and cruises.
Certainly it impacts hospital workers who can't work if they are positive, so that will influence hospital care.

Don't know if it influences workers from going to work. It may not have any impact in Florida because workers will show up anyway.
Can you still go to school or teach if you test positive? Is that allowed in florida?
In your mind COVID is exploding. In my mind I couldn’t care less. This was over for me about 20 months ago. I truly feel sorry for you. You’ve lost 2 years of your life and there’s no end in sight. And you did it to yourself with the help of politicians.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
In your mind COVID is exploding. In my mind I couldn’t care less. This was over for me about 20 months ago. I truly feel sorry for you. You’ve lost 2 years of your life and there’s no end in sight. And you did it to yourself with the help of politicians.
I have not stated my opinion at all? That is a flat out false assumption.
You not caring doesn't change the facts.
And why exactly do you feel sorry for me? Do you know my circumstances or how I live enough to feel sorry for me?

Old 12-26-2021, 12:14 PM

14,953 posts, read 9,787,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
do you honestly not understand what you're looking at?....cases per capita....positive rate

...you can't figure out cases per capita/positive rate without knowing how many people were tested

"test 10,000 people....and get 1000 cases" >>>> positive rate 10%

"test 1,000,000 people...and get 50,000 cases" >>>>> positive rate 5%

again...repeat again.....cases mean nothing if you don't know how many people were tested......cases per capita....positive rate
Goodnight is a Florida troll and a Cuomo supporter.

Old 12-26-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Goodnight is a Florida troll and a Cuomo supporter.
She’s not the only Florida troll. There’s no shortage of C-D liberals who hate Florida for refusing to be a biomedical nanny state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies