Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 08:26 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times

Advertisements

^ this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 08:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Where were you in August & September when Florida was setting records, why do we need a new thread every time there is some good news. So how did those anti-mandates work out at the end of the summer, sounds like cherry picking. Florida has now exceeded NY in deaths and cases, but yes that is good news.

Yes, "they don't want to tell you this"LOL. Some states are trending up and people should be concerned about the new South African strain which mutates and spreads rapidly,
Why? It's even less fatal than Delta

Quote:
states should be ready to impose restrictions if necessary.
Why? Lockdowns don't work

Old 11-27-2021, 08:46 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why? It's even less fatal than Delta

Why? Lockdowns don't work
we are not locking down again despite that goodnight commie wants!!

Old 11-27-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Yes they got it right from the start, that is why they are number 3 in both deaths and cases.

They even exceeded NY and that really took some effort. But who cares they are having a good month. LOL
Current cases 7 day average
New York - 7600
Florida - 1600

Current Deaths 7 day average
New York - 19
Florida - 43

Population
New York - 19.5 mil 13% elderly
Florida - 21.5 mil 20.5% elderly

You don't think a state which has more people and a 50% higher percentage of elderly is going to be hurt more? LOL

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 11-27-2021 at 09:12 AM..

Old 11-27-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
we are not locking down again despite that goodnight commie wants!!
You sure?
Goodnight doesn't like orange but he likes red?

Old 11-27-2021, 09:04 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Yes they got it right from the start, that is why they are number 3 in both deaths and cases.

They even exceeded NY and that really took some effort. But who cares they are having a good month. LOL
NY median age 36.7

FL median age 42

Cuomo underreported covid deaths by a LOT, especially the nursig home deaths that he caused:

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...vernment-shows

#3 in deaths, and cases, AND #3 in population, PLUS Florida has the 2nd oldest population, so Florida has performed better than they should have for being the 3rd most populated, & 2nd oldest state.

Come on down & tell the Millions of Northerners who fled their states to come to Florida, that Florida is worse off than New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, & other Northern states. They came here in droves, and most of them stayed, and are still here. They'd all disagree with you about Florida's covid performance. Look at DeSantis's approval stats over the past 6 months...up, up, up.

Meanwhile, back in New York, Cuomo was forced out fo office over sexual harassment. IMHO, that was just a head fake to avoid thousands of covid lawsuits claiming gross negligence. I have no proof, but why did all those women come forward when they did? The timing of it all smells like dead covid victims....way too convenient.

Many of the Notherners are just now beginning to travel back North for the Holidays...but then returning.

In all my years of living in Florida, I've never seen more Northerners here, as we've had during covid.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 11-27-2021 at 09:12 AM..

Old 11-27-2021, 09:07 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Where were you in August & September when Florida was setting records, why do we need a new thread every time there is some good news. So how did those anti-mandates work out at the end of the summer, sounds like cherry picking. Florida has now exceeded NY in deaths and cases, but yes that is good news.

Yes, "they don't want to tell you this"LOL. Some states are trending up and people should be concerned about the new South African strain which mutates and spreads rapidly, states should be ready to impose restrictions if necessary.
NYS is #6 in the nation with 2978 deaths per million.
Florida is #9 in the nation with 2847 deaths per million.

I wouldn't be using NY as an example. Just saying.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:09 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Current cases 7 day average
New York - 7600
Florida - 1600

Current Deaths 7 day average
New York - 19
Florida - 43

Population
New York - 19.5 mil 13% elderly
Florida - 21.5 mil 20.5% elderly

You don't think a state which has more people and a 50% higher percentage of elderly is going to be hurt more? LOL

You gotta try harder. Ask Fauci to lie for you using big words.
Doesn’t Florida have more cases and more deaths from covid overall, by a significance amount? I think I remember that they are ranked #3 despite being one of the states that had a later outbreak with more knowledge of how to fight it.
I am not sure why you think Florida has done such an amazing job.
The numbers don’t point to that conclusion at all.

Also, in ny, there is testing everywhere. Even on street corners, every few blocks in midtown. This is not the situation in Florida. So I would not compare positives as I am sure the testing is not equal.

Florida does plenty right but not covid stuff. The numbers just don’t point to it.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:23 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Doesn’t Florida have more cases and more deaths from covid overall, by a significance amount? I think I remember that they are ranked #3 despite being one of the states that had a later outbreak with more knowledge of how to fight it.
I am not sure why you think Florida has done such an amazing job.
The numbers don’t point to that conclusion at all.

Also, in ny, there is testing everywhere. Even on street corners, every few blocks in midtown. This is not the situation in Florida. So I would not compare positives as I am sure the testing is not equal.

Florida does plenty right but not covid stuff. The numbers just don’t point to it.
Florida has less deaths per million than NY since the pandemic began. And NY's deaths are likely undercounted due to the timing of when they happened, and the fact Cuomo was shown to cover up a lot of nursing home deaths.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:31 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Florida has less deaths per million than NY since the pandemic began. And NY's deaths are likely undercounted due to the timing of when they happened, and the fact Cuomo was shown to cover up a lot of nursing home deaths.
I think it is pretty much equal now. You may be right about nursing home deaths but Florida doesn’t count nonresident deaths or positives. I personally know people who caught n Florida and died in NY (and NJ). And I know many nonresidents who caught in Florida. I know because I live in Florida a few months a year. So my numbers are from seeing what is going on in Florida and ny first hand.
Imo, there is no way anyone would conclude that Florida has done a great job. Unless you have some agenda about trying to make statistics appear that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies