Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 09:29 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafusgordous View Post
It’s anybody.

I think the OG antifa were called SHARP.

Skinheads Against Racist Punks. I went down a rabbit hole on the history if Punk rock. So TIL not all skinheads are racists. It’s actually a pretty interesting history.
They are against the alt right who they perceive as Nazis, white supremist and fascism. They were dormant until Trump took office. Fascinating history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2021, 10:35 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They are against the alt right who they perceive as Nazis, white supremist and fascism. They were dormant until Trump took office. Fascinating history.
“who they perceive as Nazis, white supremist, and fascism”. Assumptions are often funny, and it’s hilarious that they’re now scared because folks are able to defend themselves. They’re so brave, lol.

Old 11-26-2021, 10:52 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
"We" used to "patrol the gun shows?" Who is "we" and what was the purpose of these "patrols.?" As for the left "weaponing" (??) up I don't care if the "left" arms themselves. The 2A applies to all equally (now within the confines of certain restrictions on certain people). But something in the way you say that along with a couple other..incongruities...seems like some sort of veiled warning.

I reckon I best take heed cuz I don't have any firearms anymore. We got swamped by a big wav off Anahoe Island last Winter fishing for Lahontan cut throat. That's the deepest part of Pyramid lake. Haven't even found the bottom yet. Yes, everything I owned went down to the Water Babies. Tragic it was.

Still these "patrols" of yours interest me. Would you mind elaborating a bit?
What I will say is the gang task force - is who is made up of diff law enforcement -would get tips on the gangs seen in the area near the gun shows. I will not elaborate further. Not specific to any one city or state - just saying it happens. So obtaining a gun is not that hard. In Fl you can transfer weapons with zero documentation. That I know of, that has not changed. I will add - not all dealers follow the laws. Some have been caught selling without the background documents required.
I’m sorry you lost your weapons. I am also glad you have no problems with the left having weapons. As you can read other posters - like we are afraid of guns or we are all criminals.

Old 11-26-2021, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
What I will say is the gang task force - is who is made up of diff law enforcement -would get tips on the gangs seen in the area near the gun shows. I will not elaborate further. Not specific to any one city or state - just saying it happens. So obtaining a gun is not that hard. In Fl you can transfer weapons with zero documentation. That I know of, that has not changed.
Interesting, as I’ve never heard of a gang having a problem obtaining weapons, and have never seen a gang member/s at the many shows I’ve attended. They must dress in Clark Griswold attire so nobody recognizes them.

Old 11-26-2021, 11:01 PM

23,599 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
They are against the alt right who they perceive as Nazis, white supremist and fascism.
Nope. They are against all conservatives and conservative values, along with supremacists, neo-nazis, etc. And very much like blm, they want the destruction of America.

Quote:
In Antifa’s calculus the terms “rightwing extremists,” “white supremacists,” and “fascists” do not apply only to Klansmen and neo-Nazis, but essentially to all people who hold conservative values. ...
Quote:
They were dormant until Trump took office. Fascinating history.
Well, Trump and Soros don't seem to like each other.

But no, they were around and active under Clinton, Bush and Obama, but many had merged with the anti-globalization movement and participated in protests like Occupy Wall Street, as well as many other protests.

https://www.discoverthenetworks.org/...zations/antifa
https://capitalresearch.org/article/origins-of-antifa/

Last edited by berdee; 11-26-2021 at 11:11 PM..

Old 11-26-2021, 11:03 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
As if the left needed an excuse to get more violent. Not really worried about this tragically unattractive gaggle of 30-something blue haired lesbians and willowy thin soy boy losers with their umbrellas and bear spray. They're only badasses in dem cities filled with effete unarmed urbanites.
Every time they get into fights with groups like the Proud Boys, they get their collective butts kicked.

That said, there have been incidents where Antifa has had illegal guns.

Old 11-26-2021, 11:06 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
That’s funny. I live in LA. Last summer right here in LA, Antifa came out to counter protest against anti-mandate vaccine protesters.

Should the antifa be out there to protest (instead of counter protest) vaccine mandate if they really hate nazis and fascist?

Let’s be honest here. Antifa is the brown shirt enforcers for the far left progressive.

Old 11-26-2021, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
That’s funny. I live in LA. Last summer right here in LA, Antifa came out to counter protest against anti-mandate vaccine protesters.

Should the antifa be out there to protest (instead of counter protest) vaccine mandate if they really hate nazis and fascist?

Let’s be honest here. Antifa is the brown shirt enforcers for the far left progressive.
They think anyone that opposes the right wing meanies are A okay because Trump.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-26-2021 at 11:23 PM..

Old 11-27-2021, 10:13 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Quote:
This persistently repeated lie needs to be shot down hard whenever it pops up. Their acronym is a linguistic twist of Orwellian newspeak wherein they name themselves the exact opposite of what they really are which is anarchists using a tactical playbook straight out of Hitler's brown-shirt fascists. How do you get away with being fascist? Call yourself anti-fascist and count on dopes to not recognize fascism when they see it.

They reconstituted like moistened Sea Monkeys not to fight Trump's 'fascism' but to fight the Marxist cultural revolution that Trump's election exposed.

Old 11-27-2021, 10:53 AM

23,599 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
This persistently repeated lie needs to be shot down hard whenever it pops up. Their acronym is a linguistic twist of Orwellian newspeak wherein they name themselves the exact opposite of what they really are which is anarchists using a tactical playbook straight out of Hitler's brown-shirt fascists. How do you get away with being fascist? Call yourself anti-fascist and count on dopes to not recognize fascism when they see it.

They reconstituted like moistened Sea Monkeys not to fight Trump's 'fascism' but to fight the Marxist cultural revolution that Trump's election exposed.
*To fight for the Marxist cultural revolution

From one of the informative links in post #55

Quote:
The Antifa website ItsGoingDown.org states that “in the U.S., most [anti-fascist] activists are anarchist, although a few are Maoist or anti-state Marxists,” but “in other countries, the movement is predominately Marxist.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies