Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 11:44 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Well, we'll see how it plays out, but don't ignore that they had a gun too, and I think she had more right to stand her ground than they did. Right there... right then.
His gun was concealed until she pointed her's at him.

She failed multiple times during this altercation, starting from intentionally hitting someone with her car. All of these failures ultimately led to her death.

Sad for everyone involved, but not criminal on the victim's part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 11:45 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,367,819 times
Quote:
Well, we'll see how it plays out, but don't ignore that they had a gun too, and I think she had more right to stand her ground than they did. Right there... right then.
The motorcyclist is already going to the death table in your mind. Why can't you just say that instead of dancing around it?

Old 11-29-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
His gun was concealed until she pointed hers at him.
Don't bother, they don't like facts.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:46 AM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Florida has the Stand your ground law. Famous because of the George Zimmerman case. So she probably had a right to pull a gun on the crowd if she felt threatened. Question is did Derr have a right to kill her at that moment? He was trespassing.

Its like if someone got on her property or broke in and she pulled a gun, they fired first and killed her. Would the perp be innocent? I don't think so.
According to whom?

Old 11-29-2021, 11:48 AM

I love how some of you just make complete lies up as you go.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:48 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
They just had no right to keep coming at her once she went inside.

I can't IMAGINE a scenario where they have more right to affirmative defense than she does in her own home.
So, you're claiming they tried to get at her in her home and that she was in her home defending it.

The article in question makes no mention of them trying to try to get inside and it does mention her coming outside with a gun.

Do you have another source you could share with us that provided you with this information?

Old 11-29-2021, 11:52 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I love how some of you just make complete lies up as you go.
When the story doesn't fit your narrative, change the story until it does.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 11-29-2021 at 12:04 PM..

Old 11-29-2021, 11:57 AM

14,482 posts, read 12,107,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, you're claiming they tried to get at her in her home and that she was in her home defending it.

The article in question makes no mention of them trying to try to get inside and it does mention her coming outside with a gun.

Do you have another source you could share with us that provided you with this information?

No I made no such claim. I'm assuming she went in her house and they were in her yard or driveway.

If I had been followed home from any kind of altercation and there were three guys in my yard or driveway, I'd feel pretty cornered and threatened. A reasonable person would.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:58 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,508 times
Quote:
OK answering you all because the answers will be similar.

Her gender certainly does matter to her perception of them as a threat to her at her home, and her right to defend herself, but I do agree, I would find this to be an unacceptable self defense claim *on their part* even if she were a man. There was bad prior history and she was outnumbered and she was on her own property. She has the right to self defense at that point, not them.

She may well have caused the earlier incident with great malice, but the guys were on the phone with the police. Once they knew where she went, there was no need for them to stay in close range. They should have backed off up the road a bit and waited for the police. We just saw how well the law views vigilantes attempting to be cops. It's not their place to run her down, and not their right to fire on her.
If she felt that because they were a threat to her because she was a woman, then it makes even less sense for her to leave the safety of her home to go and confront them. She should have stayed inside and waited for the police to show up. From what the articles are saying, the man was on the street waiting for the cops to come when the crazy gun toting bike ramming woman came out pointing a gun at him. He did the world favor.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:59 AM

14,482 posts, read 12,107,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Don't bother, they don't like facts.

This is really rich. I'm perfectly willing to accept we don't know everything yet. You're digging in hard on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies