Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2021, 07:36 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Exactly.

There are way too many people who own guns (and carry them) who have no business doing so.

Might be why there have been more than 19,400 gun deaths in the US so far in 2021 (that figure doesn't count suicides), one of the highest numbers we've seen in decades.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Fully grown "adults" losing their sh*t over nothing and/or reaching for a gun -- a freaking gun! -- when they should just walk away and calm down. Hotheads who think they're cool.
The city of Chicago alone, has about 3,000 or so a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 07:40 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
And there’s too many future parents with no business having kids.

The woman in the OP was both.
Yeah.

That she was pregnant is a big factor in this all-too-American case involving a bunch of immature badasses with guns.

Sure.

Otoh, the gun-happy biker who killed her might have kids, too, so there's that.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:50 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,352 times
Quote:
Exactly.

Fully grown "adults" losing their sh*t over nothing and/or reaching for a gun -- a freaking gun! -- when they should just walk away and calm down. Hotheads who think they're cool.
Just like that idiot that reached for her gun instead of staying in the safety of her house. Calming herself down would have saved her life.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We do not know the facts here. But, what we do know is that he did follow her, and once he arrived at her house he was close enough to be viewed as a threat, because he got close enough to her that he was able to shoot and kill her.

I know if it were me, I'd be parked way down the street, so I can see the car, while I wait for the police to show up. I would not have stood right in front of her house.

I'm not saying he did anything illegal, but I can see how she may have been frightened by a man on a bike that followed he to her home. We have all seen or heard about road ragers who chase after the person they think wronged them, and then beat them up or shoot them. I don't think we will ever know the truth, unless we have a lot of witnesses to the incident on the street and at the house.
Had he been the one who tried to run her off the road, I would agree with you. However, everything that I have read shows that she was the one with the road rage, trying to run him over twice and then fleeing the scene. And then the crazy road raged lady goes and grabs her gun to try and finish the poor man off. Im glad she did not succeed.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Yeah.

That she was pregnant is a big factor in this all-too-American case involving a bunch of immature badasses with guns.

Sure.

That gun happy road raged crazy lady should have cared more about her unborn child instead of escalating things to the level that she did.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:06 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Exactly.

There are way too many people who own guns (and carry them) who have no business doing so.

Might be why there have been more than 19,400 gun deaths in the US so far in 2021 (that figure doesn't count suicides), one of the highest numbers we've seen in decades.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Yeah, this woman was an example of that I guess. But you do realize, prior to threatening people on a public roadway with a firearm, she assaulted a defenseless person not once, but twice, with a 2-ton weapon. By you're logic, I guess way too many people drive vehicles. We obviously need criminal background checks to purchase or operate a motor vehicle. And obviously anyone being treated with "happy pills" is far too unstable to be allowed to operate one-just as someone with a mental illness (adjudicated mentally incompetent) is prevented from purchasing a firearm.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:08 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Yeah.

Sure.

Are you saying being pregnant somehow caused her to assault the rider, not once, but twice while he was riding down the street? And that being pregnant somehow caused her to threaten 3 people with a deadly weapon? Yeah, I get it, she thought she was Gemma Morrow.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:18 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
Had he been the one who tried to run her off the road, I would agree with you. However, everything that I have read shows that she was the one with the road rage, trying to run him over twice and then fleeing the scene. And then the crazy road raged lady goes and grabs her gun to try and finish the poor man off. Im glad she did not succeed.
Do we have witnesses who say she tried to run him off the road? She could have just been a very unobservant driver, or she could have panicked and made too sudden of a lane change or over correction, or any number of things that appeared to be her purposely trying to hit him.

The problem I have, is he followed her right up to her home, and confronted her. That was an aggressive, and possibly threatening move on his part. Many women all alone with kids in the car would be justified to be afraid of what the guy on the bike might do. He followed her home, stands only a few feet from her property. He knows where she lives, he's upset with her. She has to be wondering if he will he turn out to be a violent lunatic?

When she comes out with a gun, any sane person would have immediately backed way off, at least 100 feet. Did he do that?

He followed her to her home, he stood in the street directly in front of her property, and even when she brought out a gun, he was still confronting her, and refusing to give her space. I can understand how she would view this guy as the aggressor. He escalated this to it's conclusion.

It's really no different than if you were at a bar, and had an altercation with a biker. You leave the bar, he follows you to your car and gets in your face. People seeking a fight will follow you to your car, because they want to continue the altercation. they know getting in your face will most likely provoke a fight. Was he looking for a fight, is that why he followed her, and confronted her, and refused to back off, even when she held a gun?

Last edited by Wapasha; 11-30-2021 at 08:29 AM..

Old 11-30-2021, 08:18 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
The guy didn't stay his distance from her.. the front yard is big.. he didn't have to get close to her.. I hear her screaming after he shot her 7 times..She never fired one shot. Not one. He should have waited for the police to handle it. She died in her yard.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:19 AM

14,476 posts, read 12,101,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
That's not how the law works, eh.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Not, I am not sure about this, so Guilty.
Well, in cases of self defense, it's not that simple.

He DID shoot and kill her. That's not in question. The question is whether or not he was JUSTIFIED in killing her. And that is on him to prove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies