Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 04:47 PM

29,414 posts, read 22,296,279 times

Advertisements

Road rage is an epidemic now.

What possessed this woman, a pregnant mother to an 11-year old girl, to intentionally hit a motorcycle with her vehicle and then flee to her OWN house to get a gun? And get this, they started a GoFundMe account for this lady (over $8K donated out of $7K requested). Truly shameless.

Thankfully the biker won't be charged it looks like.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...Oa7?li=BBorjTa

Quote:
A 35-year-old librarian was fatally shot on Saturday after she returned home from a hit and run crash and pointed a firearm at the person she allegedly hit with her car.

On Saturday, Sara Nicole Morales allegedly intentionally hit Andrew Derr, a 40-year-old motorcyclist, with a blue Kia that she was driving and then fled the scene, according to the Orange City, Florida, Police Department. The motorcyclists and other witnesses attempted to get Morales to pull over and followed her to her home, where she went inside and re-emerged with a handgun, which police said she pointed at Derr.

Derr, a concealed weapons permit holder, fired multiple rounds, striking Morales, according to police. Morales was still breathing after the shooting and was transported to Halifax hospital. However, she succumbed to her injuries and was pronounced dead shortly after arriving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2CB9q5PjB0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 05:21 PM

41,018 posts, read 17,981,900 times
She chose poorly. Perhaps future clowns will see this and think twice before having such angst.

Old 11-27-2021, 05:21 PM

25,215 posts, read 18,382,119 times
I absolutely HATE driving in my area. I avoid doing so as much as possible. There isn't a day I get on the freeway to go to work in the morning where I don't consider that I may not make it. People not only drive like absolute loon-bats, but extremely aggressively. Road rage is very common.

And I don't drive like a hundred fifty year old grandma, either. I typically go a bit over the speed limit. I do my best to stay in the right lane (which once upon a time was supposed to be the "slow lane"). The reason I stay in that lane is that I only have traffic on my left side. If I have to bail to avoid a collision or some sort of problem, I can ditch the car into the borrow pit.

But that is not good enough for way too many drivers. They love to cruise inches from my rear bumper with their bright lights on and will not go around even when there is nobody in the lane to the left. Then of course, other cars are speeding by way over the speed limit. I honestly don't get it. If you are running so late that you have to do 110 mph, leave your damned house earlier.

I've been going to get a dash cam and mount it in the back window. I'm going to get ass-ended sooner or later the way people drive, especially in the winter on icy roads. And again, I'm NOT driving slowly! People get nuttier with their driving every year.

Old 11-27-2021, 05:41 PM

958 posts, read 1,097,911 times
Way more to the story than this.

Old 11-27-2021, 05:55 PM

5,735 posts, read 5,407,113 times
People who assault 2-wheelers with their cars are the biggest cowards in the world.

Old 11-27-2021, 05:58 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,582,791 times
From what I do know of this story, it appears both parties were absolute idiots.

Old 11-27-2021, 05:59 PM

9,332 posts, read 6,866,407 times
Adios'd.. perhaps prepartum depression kicking in?

Old 11-27-2021, 06:01 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,873,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
Way more to the story than this.
No, that pretty much sums it up. She hit the cycle and then fled the scene the cyclist followed her and attempted to stop her to no avail. She pulled into her driveway and went into the house to retrieve a gun, came out and pointed at the rider. He has already called 911 but when she pointed the gun at him, he shot her, 199% completely her own fault. If she were afraid she should have stayed in the house but decided to solve the problem herself, and she did solve it herself, She won't make that mistake again..

Old 11-27-2021, 06:06 PM

16,731 posts, read 8,096,984 times
Need more guns in the country.
Just give one to everyone at birth.

Guns have become a tool for the idiots.

Old 11-27-2021, 06:13 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,972,112 times
Her house looks like there’s plenty of lawn between the street and the home.

Why’s it sound like she’s right next to him in the phone call?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies