Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 05:55 PM

12,591 posts, read 9,103,621 times

Advertisements

Best I can tell, Boebert was halfway trying to make a joke and if fell flat. She's a bit too right-wing, too much gun-toting for me. There's got to be a happy medium in her falling off the right side of the table and Omar falling off the left side.

Omar isn't a terrorist per se, but she's dispicably anti-American and I wouldn't be surprised if she supported terrorists. I don't think I've ever agreed with anything she's said.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 06:43 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,722,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Pray tell. How do you interpret the phrase "Jihad Squad" that Rep. Boebert used?
What do you think gun toting Boebert means by her slur of "fellow politicians with 'suicide belts' strapped on"?

On this thread, the defense of another Republican leader--- who promotes violence and bullies colleagues rather than work together with respect and decency--- is rather thin and pathetic, IMO. Normalizing behavior such as hers is dangerous. Keep in mind, folks, Boebert’s Islamophobic remarks about Rep. Omar come a little over a week after another Republican, Rep. Paul A. Gosar tweeted an anime video that depicted him killing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and swinging swords at President Biden. Let's recall Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene and her frequent extremist remarks, violent videos and aggressive confrontations of fellow lawmakers. Unfortunately these are only a few examples of ongoing bad conduct, threatening habits and pathetic deportment from the radicalized extremist wing of the GOP.

These are inexcusable, deplorable behaviors and attitudes, and these types of people are not worthy of their position in the US Congress. I find it extremely embarrassing to realize these ignorant, disrespectful, ill-mannered and insurrectionist supporting legislators are wandering the hallowed halls of our sacred seat and symbol of democracy. Nothing good or positive or of any value can come from accepting or, worse yet, admiring indecency such as this.
The conservatives don't care. They just point to whatever the squad said at one point. Remember, Rep. McCarthy hasn't sworn off putting Gosar and MJT back in onto their committee appointments. If Boebert is similarly censured, McCarthy would put her back on her's. Honestly, Gosar, MJT and Boebert should be expelled from Congress for conduct unbecoming. I am ashamed my district is the one that continues to vote Gosar in.

Old 11-29-2021, 08:27 PM

46,169 posts, read 26,834,074 times
Quote:
Pray tell. How do you interpret the phrase "Jihad Squad" that Rep. Boebert used?
When? Provide a link/

Quote:
What do you think gun toting Boebert means by her slur of "fellow politicians with 'suicide belts' strapped on"?
Again, provide a link.

Quote:
On this thread, the defense of another Republican leader--- who promotes violence and bullies colleagues rather than work together with respect and decency--- is rather thin and pathetic, IMO. Normalizing behavior such as hers is dangerous. Keep in mind, folks, Boebert’s Islamophobic remarks about Rep. Omar come a little over a week after another Republican, Rep. Paul A. Gosar tweeted an anime video that depicted him killing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and swinging swords at President Biden. Let's recall Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene and her frequent extremist remarks, violent videos and aggressive confrontations of fellow lawmakers. Unfortunately these are only a few examples of ongoing bad conduct, threatening habits and pathetic deportment from the radicalized extremist wing of the GOP.

These are inexcusable, deplorable behaviors and attitudes, and these types of people are not worthy of their position in the US Congress. I find it extremely embarrassing to realize these ignorant, disrespectful, ill-mannered and insurrectionist supporting legislators are wandering the hallowed halls of our sacred seat and symbol of democracy. Nothing good or positive or of any value can come from accepting or, worse yet, admiring indecency such as this.
The rest of this posr is noting but crap.

Now IF corpgypsy can provide anything to back up his/her first 2 quotes, then I'll get back, and if they do I'll say I'm wrong.

Old 11-29-2021, 08:30 PM

46,169 posts, read 26,834,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The conservatives don't care. They just point to whatever the squad said at one point. Remember, Rep. McCarthy hasn't sworn off putting Gosar and MJT back in onto their committee appointments. If Boebert is similarly censured, McCarthy would put her back on her's. Honestly, Gosar, MJT and Boebert should be expelled from Congress for conduct unbecoming. I am ashamed my district is the one that continues to vote Gosar in.
Maybe you can help corpgypsy.

Old 11-29-2021, 08:41 PM

30,418 posts, read 21,645,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You don't have to be ashamed, Arizonan's voted him in, if New Yorkers, like yourself voted anyone in we would have Cuomo and Democrat puppets screwing things up like corrupt do in NY.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:03 PM

4,444 posts, read 3,975,384 times
Boebert apologizes again -

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW3uGwJgeks/

I guess they are really forcing her hand. Sounds like freedom to me! /s

Old 11-29-2021, 09:08 PM

15,360 posts, read 12,549,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post

that wasn’t an apology, that was a high school gossip update.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:10 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,712,205 times
Quote:

Sarah Palin in jeans.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:13 PM

16,889 posts, read 16,154,381 times
Quote:

I like Boebert. Ilhan Omar is a bully and Lauren Boebert is standing up to her. Bullies don't like to be called out. Oh well.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:30 PM

41,018 posts, read 17,988,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
When? Provide a link/

Again, provide a link.

The rest of this posr is noting but crap.

Now IF corpgypsy can provide anything to back up his/her first 2 quotes, then I'll get back, and if they do I'll say I'm wrong.
Looking forward to seeing this myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies