Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2021, 09:29 AM

27,296 posts, read 28,366,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Being critical of Israel's policies does not make one anti-Semitic, and being critical of America's policies doesn't make one anti-American.
Now we finally see what this is all about. People who are critical of Congresswoman Boebert actually agree with the things that Ilhan Omar says.

I wish everyone could come clean about their true beliefs like this. It helps to understand where they're coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 09:52 AM

3,486 posts, read 3,106,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Now we finally see what this is all about. People who are critical of Congresswoman Boebert actually agree with the things that Ilhan Omar says.

I wish everyone could come clean about their true beliefs like this. It helps to understand where they're coming from.
That's quite a stretch there.
Let's say that I don't necessarily agree with what she says.
That doesn't mean I have to agree that its anti-Semitic either.
Are you one of those "critical thinkers" I keep hearing about on this forum?

Old 12-01-2021, 10:07 AM

3,483 posts, read 2,758,212 times
Lauren Boebert is nothing but a bully. Cheered on by many of the Conservatives on here, who by this action have shown themselves to be bullying worshippers!

Old 12-01-2021, 10:14 AM

27,296 posts, read 28,366,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
That's quite a stretch there.
Let's say that I don't necessarily agree with what she says.
That doesn't mean I have to agree that its anti-Semitic either.
Are you one of those "critical thinkers" I keep hearing about on this forum?
People don’t always say what they actually mean.

That is why reading between the lines is a useful skill on these forums.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:18 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,292,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I can totally understand why Omar would make her colleagues feel uneasy. Too bad no one has the guts to actually do anything about it.
Care to elaborate?

Old 12-01-2021, 10:19 AM

46,190 posts, read 26,870,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
^^^

^^^

"Now IF corpgypsy can provide anything to back up his/her first 2 quotes, then I'll get back, and if they do I'll say I'm wrong"...says chucksnee.

Crickets, so far.
Quote:
Rep. Boebert made the comment about Rep. Omar and "Jihad Squad" in her home district over the Thanksgiving break. It was how she started her remarks. You can hear the phrase you deny in the very first part of the video link below:

“Actually I have an Ilhan story for you,” Boebert told a laughing audience “So, the other night on the House floor was not my first ‘Jihad Squad’ moment." She then proceeds with her manufactured story.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...553920004?s=21

Boebert, on a Joe Pags show---among other times--- claimed state sponsored terrorism by politicians in USA and by AOC and Omar, in particular. Among other slurs she used the phrase “politicians with suicide belts strapped to their body.” Video link below.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1465367914995929088

Boebert has repeatedly made targeted Islamophobic comments against Omar.

O.K., thanks for the videos and I was wrong, corpgypsy was right and provided the videos.

JIhad squad comment, so what? It went right along with the manufactured story.

The comment about suicide belts, was talking about all politicians, not sure what you point even is with that statement?

Quote:
I maintain that Boebert's language, ignorance and behavior are beneath the standard of integrity, dignity and decency of a member of Congress. This type of recurring and escalating inflammatory and bigoted rhetoric--- that we see and hear, from numerous members of the Republican conference--- are not only outrageous they are dangerous. She and the others of her ilk are not worthy of the positions they hold.
Now, my question to you is: Since this type of language is used by those you support towards other within congress, why are you not calling them out for the same thing? Do you think saying impeach the MF is also "ignorance and behavior are beneath the standard of integrity, dignity and decency of a member of Congress"?

Or are you not worried about language as long as it's not addressed to those in congress?

Last edited by chucksnee; 12-01-2021 at 10:46 AM..

Old 12-01-2021, 10:20 AM

16,972 posts, read 16,201,327 times
Boebert was on the Fox channel with Laura Ingraham and Ingraham suggested that Boebert and Omar have a live debate. They could have moderators to keep things professional.

Boebert said that she would be very open to debating Omar in a public forum. I really don't see a downside to this idea. But I would bet money that Omar wouldn't even consider debating Boebert.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:22 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,292,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Boebert was on the Fox channel with Laura Ingraham and Ingraham suggested that Boebert and Omar have a live debate. They could have moderators to keep things professional.

Boebert said that she would be very open to debating Omar in a public forum. I really don't see a downside to this idea. But I would bet money that Omar wouldn't even consider debating Boebert.
What’s the point? They aren’t running against each other and don’t represent the same constituents.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:27 AM

3,486 posts, read 3,106,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
People don’t always say what they actually mean.

That is why reading between the lines is a useful skill on these forums.
A skill you clearly have not acquired yet.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:35 AM

16,972 posts, read 16,201,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Care to elaborate?
Omar repeatedly refers to her Republican colleagues, as well as, their constituents as "white supremacists" and she did this as she called for the defunding of the police, egging on "peaceful protesters" to burn/loot/terrorize their cities as some sort of misguided expression of racial equality.

She's dangerous and unhinged and she's using the fact that she is a Muslim to cow her own party into doing nothing about it. She's a bully and an inciter who appears to want some kind of race war. Her defund the police rhetoric has thankfully lost all traction and gone up in flames.

Newsflash Omar: There are lots of people of all racial groups who are law abiding, conservative republicans and that includes those who are Muslim Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies