Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 02:48 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
No.....They are revolting to pay their own way.
Bingo…and don’t forget entitlement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 02:52 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
There wouldn't be so many of these attacks in various locales if not for some "community organizers" directing them.
Or bailing them out as Kamala did last year
Democrats get what they deserve

Old 11-28-2021, 02:56 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Smash and grabs have been going on for years, so have organized crime rings, Did you guys never pay attention before ???

Also, what policy actually changed ? Your argument is that this was caused by defund the police, but what police department was actually defunded ?
Perception is what drives them. They see the Democrats of these states not responding. Of course other hoodlums will learn that it is an easy score. But, then again Democrats view this as a crime against property, when it is just the start of Anarchy. New Democrats = Anarchist. You get everything you deserve

Old 11-28-2021, 03:06 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Quote:
But if someone like Rittenhouse tried to stop them....he would be arrested, and placed on trail for his life.
I’m a retired law enforcement officer, who is legally armed and can carry anywhere in the United States. Yesterday, as my better half was doing some Christmas shopping, I noticed a group of what appeared to be homeless men standing outside of this business. This caused me to drop her off directly in front of the store and me to wait till she was in the store. While waiting, one of these homeless men broke away from the group and followed a woman with her hands full of bags and not paying any attention to this group as she was walking towards the parking lot.

He was scanning the area as he was closing up on her with his “convict” swagger pretty fast and when I “thought” he was about to make his move, I hit the horn in my SUV twice, which caused him turn into a different direction in the parking lot.

Honestly, I’m glad that simple act of honking the horn worked cuz I saw what the liberals did to Rittenhouse and I’m not willing to put myself into that same BS as a retiree. Hell, I’m half Black too.

Honestly, the only time I’m going to physically get involved, as an legally armed private citizen is if a child or an elderly person is in danger. Other than that I really don’t know, but my gut tells me that I’ll end up defending the weak since that’s in my DNA. I told my wife about what happened and my new standards of getting involved and she said “I know you and you would have done the right thing.”

The sad thing is that I’m now caused to think like that since our legal and justice system is now a train wreck due to all the liberal policies and that people, like me, are now pausing from doing what is right AND acceptable in a FUNCTIONING society, in fear of what the “Justice” system would do to us. I live in the Metro Seattle area and the pure stupidity of Seattle has contaminated the suburbs.

I think things will change, but it will take years to repair all the damage the Left has caused and before that happens, I do expect more and more brazen criminal activity to happen.

Old 11-28-2021, 03:32 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Biden's America.
No, not Biden's America. It is Democratic California and the seeds for this have been planted, watered and nurtured by state and local Democratic politicians. The state legislatures and major city councils have been experimenting with our safety. There is no viable Republican influence on the state and big cities in CA on policy so this is what you get

There are "old sayings" for a reason because they are truths about human nature, so "give them an inch and they will take a mile" and "let a camel get his nose under the tent side and pretty soon you have a whole camel in your tent" are very valid and illustrative of what is happening in CA. You will never hear in the CA media that these robberies, and now death, are the inevitable results of Democrat policies so it is incumbent upon the GOP to start buying ads that drive home that Democratic policies favor criminals over protecting the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
This crap is worse than Covid? I don't think so.
Far worse than Covid. Covid is a result of nature, one way or another. These robberies are the direct result of bad policy decisions by Democrat politicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
And to add more fuel to the fire don’t forget these groups have vowed that they will begin robbing individual people. Yes that’s right, they’re not just gonna smash and grab they’re gonna run around robbing people.
It has already happened in CA. In 2021 there have been several robberies of patrons dining in CA and "follow home" robberies from malls and restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Smash and grabs have been going on for years, so have organized crime rings, Did you guys never pay attention before ??? Also, what policy actually changed ? Your argument is that this was caused by defund the police, but what police department was actually defunded ?
These mass robberies like at Target and Nordstrom are definitely new and the brazen, not even pretending you are not stealing in broad daylight at Walgreens in San Francisco are also new.

I would not say they are a result of defund the police directly, but it is a combination of CA's bail reform laws, decline to prosecute 'minor crimes' by the Soros funded DA's and the shrinking police forces that are demoralized from defund and seeing so many criminals walk after being arrested and referred for prosecution.

Old 11-28-2021, 03:39 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This crap is spreading like a plague. Way worse than Covid. I read in an article about a Home Depot they hit and it said they only grabbed $400.00 worth of stuff. ??? Only $400.00 bucks worth from Home depot? I guess all they heisted was sledge hammers crowbars and the like. Sheesh no cordless tools? I reckon their minds were all on high end bling and pure brute force.

There's been zero issues around here. But next door in The Peoples Republic of California it's plumb loco. Now these vermin are shooting folks who dare get in their way or just because they feel like it is quite probable. They truly don't care about human life and consequences? What's consequences? It should mean that they're gonna end up as consanquentin. At this juncture I'm thinking prison is to good for them.

It's looking like the only thing might maybe deter them is if they had to worry about being shot themselves which in CA isn't likely to happen. There is no right to self defense there for ordinary citizens any more. Personal firearms can only be taken outside the home to be transported to and from the range or for hunting and the firearm and ammunition must be in locked cases in separate compartments of the vehicle. The firearm and ammunition cannot be in proximity even if secured in locked cases.

Yeah, the bangers and bad guys are all over making sure they're in compliance there. Meanwhile honest folk are being served up as food. Glad I don't live in a CA urban area. But rural folks have to obey the same laws and someone in the Bay or LA. This smash and grab looting will only get worse and spread like a range fire in late July. But folks in places like LA the Bay Chicago, NYC and such still have 911 yeah?

Which adds up to exactly Jack $h!t.
Exactly.

Civilization is deteriorating and is being ALLOWED to deteriorate.

Old 11-28-2021, 03:53 PM

43,101 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Has anyone in CA come up with a "woke" explanation for all these flash robberies ?

Old 11-28-2021, 03:54 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
No.....They are revolting to pay their own way.
Please sense the sarcasm.

Old 11-28-2021, 04:03 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
They are also following people home so they can break in and steal. They target people driving sports cars, wearing nice jewelry, etc. Some Hollywood celebrities have also been targeted. Requests for armed security have risen dramatically. One celebrity claims 1 million dollars worth of valuables were stolen from her property. California is descending into lawlessness.

Old 11-28-2021, 04:05 PM

43,101 posts, read 18,269,535 times
So last year was "Defund the police".

And this year is "loot and pillage" ??

Coincidence ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies