Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 08:00 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,897,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Sorry, but I disagree with the 'all mainstream news is liberal propaganda' BS. If all I consume is Fox, Breitbart, OAN, Newmax, I'll have a very, very biased view of this country from the conservative perspective. If all I consume is MSN, CNN, Salon, I'll have a very biased view from the liberal perspective. 'all mainstream news' isn't saturated with what you claim it is.

I used to think just like you. It's like looking at a past version of myself.

But it's just not true. The truth is the Lefty media now does nothing but lie, and the Right - while certainly not perfect - tells the truth.

For full disclosure I was once, and very recently, a Democrat. I came to these conclusions myself, and had to move to the Right to see the truth.

Does it mean Right Wing politics is inherently superior? Perhaps, maybe not.

But right now, the cold hard reality, is all the latter organizations you named lie about everything. Provably. I have seen it with my own eyes and cannot deny it.

And, for the most part, the organizations formerly cited act with veracity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 08:02 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Have you notice when some women singers get older and not so popular anymore. Or havent had a hit song in years. They start to show waaay too much skin to get attention. Or do something outrageous, kind of against the norm. This video goes about the same lines.
You mean like Madonna crawling across Jimmy Fallon's desk and flashing her crotch at the audience?

Old 11-28-2021, 08:03 PM

4,513 posts, read 4,040,229 times
Hey let’s cancel them! Whoops nobody cares about them. Already canceled

Old 11-28-2021, 08:04 PM

I'd also like to point out that it's incredibly hypocritical (and inaccurate) that this "Christmas Special" purports that most Americans don't believe in the Holocaust.

After all, it's the New Left that protects Jew haters like AOC and Ilhan Omar whenever they say pretty much anything.

And don't even get me started on the "vaccines"...

Old 11-28-2021, 08:04 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Hey let’s cancel them! Whoops nobody cares about them. Already canceled
Sounds like a good solution to me!

Old 11-28-2021, 08:11 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I'd also like to point out that it's incredibly hypocritical (and inaccurate) that this "Christmas Special" purports that most Americans don't believe in the Holocaust.

After all, it's the New Left that protects Jew haters like AOC and Ilhan Omar whenever they say pretty much anything.

And don't even get me started on the "vaccines"...
Very good point. I was educated about the holocaust in Christian school 35-40 years ago. The majority of holocaust deniers are left-wing fringe groups, aka, the left-wing.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:11 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,239 times
Quote:
I used to think just like you. It's like looking at a past version of myself.

But it's just not true. The truth is the Lefty media now does nothing but lie, and the Right - while certainly not perfect - tells the truth.

For full disclosure I was once, and very recently, a Democrat. I came to these conclusions myself, and had to move to the Right to see the truth.

Does it mean Right Wing politics is inherently superior? Perhaps, maybe not.

But right now, the cold hard reality, is all the latter organizations you named lie about everything. Provably. I have seen it with my own eyes and cannot deny it.

And, for the most part, the organizations formerly cited act with veracity.
I became a registered democrat for the first time in my life last year. I was a hardcore libertarian a decade ago, and the more educated I became, the less conservative my viewpoint. I got tired of living in conspiracy. With respect, out of the right wing news channels I mentioned (Fox, OAN, Newmax, Breitbart), none of them are close to honest or truthful.

This show by Silverman and Rogan is social commentary. Obviously it's over the top, but there are truths in it that no one can deny, when they are honest with themselves, and it's already sparking conversation (look at this thread!). The show is doing its job already.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:

This show by Silverman and Rogan is social commentary. Obviously it's over the top, but there are truths in it that no one can deny, when they are honest with themselves, and it's already sparking conversation (look at this thread!). The show is doing its job already.

Ah, now we are getting to the heart of the matter.

The truth is you agree with what they're espousing.

And that is your motivation to defend it.

Who ever would have guessed?

Old 11-28-2021, 08:23 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,239 times
Quote:
Ah, now we are getting to the heart of the matter.

The truth is you agree with what they're espousing.

And that is your motivation to defend it.

Who ever would have guessed?
I think they are over the top, and this show is an exaggeration of the issues (but that's the point of the show). I have a diverse background. I have lived in small town Wyoming as well as major cities on the east coast, and I talk to people in a dozen different countries on a daily basis at work. This is a VERY complex issue, and one which I could have 6 different opinions on if I think about it from the perspectives of different people, places, etc. throughout my life. The issues aren't as bad as they make them out to be, but they DO exist and won't magically go away just because we stop talking about them.

Are the issues as bad as MSN makes them out to be? No. Are they just 'liberal propaganda' like OAN claims? No to that as well. That said, it does our country a disservice to pretend this show isn't touching on issues that need more conversation.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I think they are over the top, and this show is an exaggeration of the issues (but that's the point of the show). I have a diverse background. I have lived in small town Wyoming as well as major cities on the east coast, and I talk to people in a dozen different countries on a daily basis at work. This is a VERY complex issue, and one which I could have 6 different opinions on if I think about it from the perspectives of different people, places, etc. throughout my life. The issues aren't as bad as they make them out to be, but they DO exist and won't magically go away just because we stop talking about them.

Look at the polls. Even the Lefty polls.

No one likes Brandon. No one likes woke. And most people resolutely disagree with you.

No corporate anecdotes (cool story bro!) can change that.

A year from now we're taking this country back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies