Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 10:26 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Eddie Murphy used to be viewed the same way in the 80s, he was very controversial and vulgarity was the norm.

Its their intent to offend, that is their brand of comedy, they are not the first ones to do this and will not be the last.

Except Eddie Murphy didn't spew Chinese propaganda garbage about just how awful everything having to do with America is.

And he was actually funny.

It's no coincidence that today's Hollywood is awash in Chinese cash. They are now its biggest market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 11:57 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Eddie Murphy used to be viewed the same way in the 80s, he was very controversial and vulgarity was the norm.

Its their intent to offend, that is their brand of comedy, they are not the first ones to do this and will not be the last.
Eddie Murphy was never overtly political.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:03 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
She gets people to hate her and she gets attention. That's what she wants.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:12 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
people under 40 don't know who seth or sarah are. i am over 40 and don't watch either of them.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:31 PM

3 posts, read 626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I used to think just like you. It's like looking at a past version of myself.

But it's just not true. The truth is the Lefty media now does nothing but lie, and the Right - while certainly not perfect - tells the truth.

For full disclosure I was once, and very recently, a Democrat. I came to these conclusions myself, and had to move to the Right to see the truth.

Does it mean Right Wing politics is inherently superior? Perhaps, maybe not.

But right now, the cold hard reality, is all the latter organizations you named lie about everything. Provably. I have seen it with my own eyes and cannot deny it.

And, for the most part, the organizations formerly cited act with veracity.

Your side has a congress woman that said the California wild fires were started by Jewish space lasers. You can leave now.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:36 PM

3 posts, read 626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Look at the polls. Even the Lefty polls.

No one likes Brandon. No one likes woke. And most people resolutely disagree with you.

No corporate anecdotes (cool story bro!) can change that.

A year from now we're taking this country back.
Yea yea just like Mexico is gonna pay for the wall, just like Trump was gonna beat Biden by a landslide. You all are pathetic. Suck it snowflakes.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:37 PM

3 posts, read 626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
people under 40 don't know who seth or sarah are. i am over 40 and don't watch either of them.
Yea they do. You really think teenager and college don't watch stoner comedies. It's sad how much you wish people hated them like you but they dont.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:49 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Rogen and Silverman base their entire existence on one thing - the attention of others. That's their job, their life, the whole thing.
One trait they share with prety much all performers and politicians.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:00 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I had to look up who Seth Rogan was. I don't recall seeing anything he is in. I know who Sarah Silverman is mainly from seeing her stand up comedy shows and guesting on Letterman a long time ago. I'm 51. Pretty sure "Santa, Inc." isn't being made for my age group

Old 11-30-2021, 05:37 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,634,161 times
The thing is, it's not even funny. I watched the trailer. I get it. They are trying puposely to stir up anger from Christians and conservatives, etc. You know, all edgy with the cursing, etc. liberal use of the "F" word, blatant in-your-face anti-white, etc. Okay. What else is new right now? Do they think most White Christians don't know yet that they and their traditions are under attack? Please give me a break.

But, it's not even funny. Is it genuinely entertaining to anyone? It's really like something from Idiocracy. Do they get that?

Would they be OK with a cynical and vulgar animation special about Jewish traditions? Or would that be anti-semitic.

Maybe we need a word for "anti-Christian?"

i will hold my Christian and European traditions and culture close to my heart. I have to wonder at times if they are actually jealous of us.

Last edited by RogueMom; 11-30-2021 at 05:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies