Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 10:37 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Since when. Who said they were racist words.
I heard looting was racist because somebody on social media ( somebody that people listen to ) associated looting with black people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 10:40 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I heard looting was racist because somebody on social media ( somebody that people listen to ) associated looting with black people.
Wokesters deem most everything racist these days.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:52 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
What would they change the term black Friday would they call it "Profitable Friday", "Shopper Friday".

Old 11-29-2021, 01:01 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
It must be hard going through life as a liberal, being offended by every little thing and wipping out the race card for every other sentance uttered. Wow! What a life.

Me, thank god I go through life being non PC, as do most people I am in contact with. Call me racist. Call me insensitive. Hell, call me whatever you feel like calling me. Remember that old saying in school --- "sticks and stones may break my bones........." I guess these wackos really do get hurt by words. Guess what? Wah Wah Wah, cry me a f'in river because I just don't care. Personally I have not changed one word in the way I speak.

It's nice not being offended!
So you wouldn't be offended if someone calls you an ******* because you cut them off? You wouldn't be offended being called a sexist because you made a joke about women? I find it hard to believe.

As for "sticks and stones", stick it. You obviously never had someone in your life say something mean and not even anything that is a slur or a curse word at you. There have been many people on this forum that agree that words DO hurt.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:08 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
I prefer the terms "savages," "animals" or "monsters" to describe humans who commit crimes and don't belong in a civilized society.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So you wouldn't be offended if someone calls you an ******* because you cut them off? You wouldn't be offended being called a sexist because you made a joke about women? I find it hard to believe.

As for "sticks and stones", stick it. You obviously never had someone in your life say something mean and not even anything that is a slur or a curse word at you. There have been many people on this forum that agree that words DO hurt.
Words mean nothing, especially who’s saying them. Sticks and stones should’ve been taught and understood at a very young age. Folks are wayyy too sensitive these days.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Words mean nothing, especially who’s saying them. Sticks and stones should’ve been taught and understood at a very young age. Folks are wayyy too sensitive these days.
Again, there have been many to disagree with you and some are even right wingers. I guess you have never been in a verbally abusive relationship. That is where this happens especially without the curse words or slurs.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Again, there have been many to disagree with you and some are even right wingers. I guess you have never been in a verbally abusive relationship. That is where this happens especially without the curse words or slurs.
Don’t care who they are. Sticks and stones.

Nope, wouldn’t let myself be caught in such a relationship.

Then leave if it bothers you. It’s as simple as that. If you stay you’re just asking for more of it.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:39 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What would they change the term black Friday would they call it "Profitable Friday", "Shopper Friday".
It's not 'Black Friday' that's racist. It's 'Friday' that's racist. Remember Robinson Crusoe? And Friday? The black guy?

Old 11-29-2021, 01:44 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
But, but, but I thought we weren't allowed to use "black" these days.

They all seem to be insisting on the term "people of color": POC

POC is frequently used in print; don't they realize that "pocs" rhymes beautifully with "pox"?
So what is the real difference between saying "people of color" and "colored people"?

Btw, the term "colored people" NEVER made sense to me. Every person's skin is some color, it is just that some skin is lighter than others. Contrast the skin color of a very light skinned Latino with that of a darkly tanned "white" person, for example.

And not all blacks are African or African-American, either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies