Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2021, 06:28 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Not a fan of Don Lemon or CNN but this is a big nothing burger.. so he text Smollett and let him know what he probably already knew, his story was not believable. No doubt Lemon wanted it to be true or at least believable but we all know Lemon is a race baiter, thats not news and not really a crime either...
I’m also not a Don Lemon fan but I disagree that it’s not significant that he texted Smollett. He either had sources in the Chicago PD, or CNN staff did, to let him know that there were doubts about his story. He was passing on information to a source, and he himself, it appears, did not want to doubt Smollett himself. Had too much invested in the narrative.

And, with this in mind, did CNN broadcast these doubts from the PD, or did they continue with the race-baiting? We all know the answer to that.

I agree, it wasn’t a crime in the typical sense but it was a breach of ethics. When you weep for the death of journalism as a profession, Don Lemon, and his sidekick Cuomo, will be included in the list of those responsible, and that is a moral crime. The typical death by a thousand cuts.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:29 AM

5,644 posts, read 6,206,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Not a fan of Don Lemon or CNN but this is a big nothing burger.. so he text Smollett and let him know what he probably already knew, his story was not believable. No doubt Lemon wanted it to be true or at least believable but we all know Lemon is a race baiter, thats not news and not really a crime either...
Agree....voicing an opinion is not the same as digging into the backgrounds of victims. Plenty of reasons to dislike Lemon, this isn't one of them.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:57 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Uhm..... huge difference between telling someone you don’t think the cops don’t believe you and trying use investigative resources to find out the identity or private information about accusers for a relative. I, the ordinary citizen, could have told Smollett cops didn’t believe him but I could not have given Cuomo information about accusers trying to hide their identity. You do understand there is a rather substantial distinction between speculation and confidential information, right?
Exactly! Anyone with a smidgeon of common sense could tell the cops didn’t believe him, because his story was unbelievable. I can see the difference between Don Lemon saying that versus giving up information on anonymous accusers. Then again, it is CNN and they are not above doxing people they disagree with. In fact, it’s my suspicion they knew all along that Chris was helping his brother and they were fine with it until the texts and emails were leaked.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:03 AM

1,929 posts, read 817,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Does anyone even watch CNN anymore
Just the poor souls stuck in an airport that contracted to show CNN on their TV's because they got a really good (cheap) deal.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:04 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
Don Lemon sent a text to Smollett warning him cops didn’t believe his story …. Lemon should now follow his buddy he likes so much out the door too .
Isn't that accessory after the fact?

Old 12-07-2021, 07:23 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Some one was given lemons and made Don lemon

Old 12-07-2021, 07:36 AM

5,948 posts, read 2,870,440 times
There was a time when after the news broadcast there followed an opinion or short editorial and was anounced as such.
Now the opinion is blended in as the news.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:56 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFTMQEA View Post
Hold on, hold on!! Are you tellin me that Don Lemon has an agenda and isn't an objective journalist?
OMG, now who can I listen to to tell me what to do and think???

Too funny and too true.

Don Lemon is not a journalist he is a talking head boob. He was one of the ones that so wanted the hoax to be true. He is one of the jerks that are actively trying to open the old wounds of racism, rub salt in them and divide our nation.

We have enough problems without the media piling on and hyping fake news stories.

I do not think it is a big deal that Lemon warned Jussie about the Police because most people that can still add 2 and 2 together and get 4 thought the attack was bogus.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:58 AM

6,640 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Not like Lemon's text changed Jussie's mind or anything. The dude is all in,..lol.

Old 12-07-2021, 08:09 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
A warning from Lemon????? He had to ask because no one else told him he was full of it????????? LOL

I'd like to think 99% of the people knew it was a lie and warned Smollett also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies