Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 01:07 PM

23,844 posts, read 24,091,732 times

Advertisements

Case counts mean nothing. Hospitalizations and deaths due directly to covid are the only numbers that matter, at this point. Case count is a function of testing. No test, no case. Promote lots of testing and you'll have high case counts. Don't, and you won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 01:14 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
You are simply lying, shuffling data and censoring media, to look good. While, corpses are piling in the streets of Florida. It's all lies. The only reporting standard is NYC and their SNF reports. That's the way to follow.
Ha. I am in Florida right now. Today. And I can assure you that there are no corpses in the street.

It's free and beautiful and the people here are absolutely wonderful.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:15 PM

16,068 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link:

Life is great here in the Sunshine State.
Enjoy it while you can. More people have had Covid in Florida than live in my state and Florida has had 9% of the nation's covid deaths. I see vaccinations are up...better than Mississippi. Wow.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:26 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
The more I look at the COVID numbers on Google maps, and the way they swing wildly up and down in short periods of time, the less credible they seem. And that would include Florida. Why do numbers in the upper Midwest look so horrible, while those from the states that most would pick to be the biggest problems look so good?

Florida's numbers look great today, but how was that accomplished, considering they were among the worst just a few months ago? Somehow I doubt reality has changed that much.

It wouldn't shock me to learn of a COVID credit marketplace where great numbers can be bought....a la Carbon credits.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:37 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Right when Florida has great outdoor weather not forcing folks to stay cooped up inside.

Old 11-29-2021, 02:32 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,787,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The more I look at the COVID numbers on Google maps, and the way they swing wildly up and down in short periods of time, the less credible they seem. And that would include Florida. Why do numbers in the upper Midwest look so horrible, while those from the states that most would pick to be the biggest problems look so good?

Florida's numbers look great today, but how was that accomplished, considering they were among the worst just a few months ago? Somehow I doubt reality has changed that much.

It wouldn't shock me to learn of a COVID credit marketplace where great numbers can be bought....a la Carbon credits.
Because COVID follows a seasonal pattern. Generally ****ty weather => More cases.

Southerners go indoors in the summer. Northerners go indoors in the winter.

At this point, covid means nothing to me. As for boosters, come back to me when it proactively addresses next year's dominant variant specifically, otherwise I'll take a hard pass.

Old 11-29-2021, 05:53 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,813,701 times
Case counts, positivity rate, hospitalizations and most notably deaths, have plummeted dramatically.
And not because we shut down the state, forced people to get vaxed, or required permanent masking for schoolkids.
Without oppressive, excessive, and seemingly endless 'mandates' we seem to be doing pretty damn good.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:47 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,813,701 times
FWIW, according to Worldometer Florida reports:
the seven day moving average deaths now dipping below FIVE per day, and
the three day moving average deaths oscillating around ONE per day

Old 11-30-2021, 09:54 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
More than likely people caught it last year, had no to mild symptoms and are able to better fend it off now.

That seems to be a pattern in the various cities/states that had huge surges.
But our government is obsessed and fixated on vaccines so I doubt much research will go into looking into patterns and coming up with hypothesis/theories.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:36 AM

17,602 posts, read 6,890,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Case counts, positivity rate, hospitalizations and most notably deaths, have plummeted dramatically.
And not because we shut down the state, forced people to get vaxed, or required permanent masking for schoolkids.
Without oppressive, excessive, and seemingly endless 'mandates' we seem to be doing pretty damn good.
Meanwhile, Democrat run states are going on year two of pointless “mitigation” measures while cases hospitalizations and deaths pile up more than in 2020. You would think they would learn but that’s asking too much apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies