Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2021, 10:02 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Yep. I have to step over the bodies just to get the mail here in Florida.
Yup, they're here in throngs looking for housing, medical providers, schools for their kids, etc etc etc.

Old 11-30-2021, 10:03 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Lots of places.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/fl...id-19-vaccine/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hu...ne/ar-BB1cmhkp

DeSantis was too busy messing in local governments to give the local health departments guidance and assistance where they needed it in delivering the vaccines.

How hard would it have been to foresee first come/first serve is not an effective method especially for senior citizens. Your local grocery store manager probably has more sense than DeSantis. The state had many months to develop or coordinate appointment systems. DeSantis was too busy meddling where he had no business and doing photo ops.

The only thing that saved him was handing it off to private industry like Publix and the drug stores. And again, he should have known his health depts were incapable of handling the job and had that set up long before he did. He had many months to negotiate with private industry.
Amazing, the spin.........

Old 11-30-2021, 10:04 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Where is this "media-driven" hysteria? Should media not report that a new variant has been identified?

Pres Biden stated that Omicron is "cause for concern, not panic." Does that sound like hysteria to you?
well, in San Fran, they headlined it "worst variant we have seen"

https://abc7news.com/omicron-variant...rica/11273611/

WaPo shouts "Omicron poses very high risk"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...t-global-risk/

etc, etc etc.

Old 11-30-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There have been no lockdowns in the US. DeSantis making remarks about not locking down was made for political gain.

Biden has been clear “ Omicron is a cause of concern, not a cause of panic”.

I am unaware of any state imposing new restrictions for the Omicron variant. Have I missed something?
you missed NY state.

Old 11-30-2021, 10:10 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Amazing, the spin.........
What spin?

DeSantis was unprepared to deliver shots in the arms to any part of the population other than captive audiences in nursing homes and health care workers at hospitals.

I lived through it lol......dont talk to me about spin.

Old 11-30-2021, 10:14 AM

These are the dates monoclonal antibodies were approved.

Where was DeSantis in informing Floridians about these treatments and how to get them in the 2020/2021 winter surge?

Why was it well into the just past summer surge that we heard from him on these treatments? Why didnt he have plans in place to deliver this treatment in time for the last surge rather than slapping it together after the surge was well under way?

Lack of planning. Lack of leadership. Again, too busy meddling in local issues and promoting himself at the expense of citizens.

https://www.cms.gov/medicare/covid-1...id-19-infusion

Old 11-30-2021, 10:26 AM

I didn't say anything you've posted was a fabrication. What you've done is painted it in the worst possible way.

You can pick the vaccines, you can pick the monoclonals, and they can be discussed in-depth. Your clear factual points can be made, and the facts that counter, when they exist, can be presented.

But a simple histrionic "seniors huddled in freezing cold" paints that picture in a vivid but inaccurate way.

Old 11-30-2021, 10:32 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,817,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Biden also said he wasn’t going to call for a vaccine mandate either, but he did.
And which is unconstitutional.
Ya know what I call a president that 'mandates' what individual citizens that are OUTSIDE the bounds of the executive branch must do or face consequences?
A tyrant!

Notice he didn't even have the 'nads to put his dictates into a real law, i.e. one passed by Congress, because he and everyone else knew it would be DOA.

P.S. I live in PBC and I'm thrilled he plans to run for re-election!

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 11-30-2021 at 11:14 AM..

Old 11-30-2021, 10:34 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
Blondy is painting everything about DeSantis and Covid in the worst possible light.
Sadly, folks live in constant fear. Gotta be terrible to be so scared to come up with such scenarios.

Old 11-30-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I didn't say anything you've posted was a fabrication. What you've done is painted it in the worst possible way.

You can pick the vaccines, you can pick the monoclonals, and they can be discussed in-depth. Your clear factual points can be made, and the facts that counter, when they exist, can be presented.

But a simple histrionic "seniors huddled in freezing cold" paints that picture in a vivid but inaccurate way.
How is it inaccurate?

In multiple places seniors were camped out in cold and sometimes dangerous traffic situations.

The only thing that resolved the traffic situations was local police and emergency management people stepping up to help the befuddled leaderless health departments around the state develop traffic management plans until they came to their senses and realized first come/first serve was impossible to manage. DeSantis did nothing I know of to resolve the chaos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies