Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2021, 11:22 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,445,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What a windbag!
If Desantis is a windbag then Biden is a blimp!

Old 11-30-2021, 11:23 AM

17,416 posts, read 16,585,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What spin?

DeSantis was unprepared to deliver shots in the arms to any part of the population other than captive audiences in nursing homes and health care workers at hospitals.

I lived through it lol......dont talk to me about spin.
The biggest problem with the initial vaccine roll out was the all out PANIC of the me firsters to get it.

I also have an elderly mom and I told her that rather than go out into that fray it would be better to be a little patient and wait for a bit for the initial panic to die down, then go.

As it turns out, the over 55 Independent Living apartment she lives in coordinated the shots to be given right there where she lives for those that wanted them. Most happily got the shot and are now on the same vaccine schedule with their friends.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:24 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,246,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
She’s whining about that incident but has no appreciation for the lack of lockdowns, forced masking and vaccine mandates, all of which we don’t have in Florida thanks to DeSantis. She needs to move to a blue state.
Bingo…and it’s really that simple. Plenty of blue states to choose from.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:25 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,183,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Will he lock down over any circumstances? Like, if hospitals are at 200% capacity and critical functions are inoperable because of illness-related labor shortages? Mass death due to a hypothetically more-lethal variant? If a disease shows up that's 100% lethal and twice as infectious as measles is he just going to shrug and frogmarch kids into school?
No. If we, the US is smart, we would have increase our capacity like other countries to deal with the virus. Of course, we have Biden and Democrats Governors, who are smarter, jab for job and fired a lot of staffs. Thank you Joe Biden for destroying our country and life of many families.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:26 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,926,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I would take a windbag who is fighting for rights then a blow hard dictator wannabe in the White House now.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:28 AM

17,697 posts, read 6,958,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Agreed.

There’s another lib comment saying that DeSantis doesn’t “wait for all the information” and runs to the media all the time. That post describes Fauci, not DeSantis, but of course the poster adores Fauci. Go figure.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:30 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,454,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
So, people didn’t watch the news? That’s all I heard on local news media, the local government, city Facebook pages… the information most likely was out there, but people didn’t pay attention. Do you only wait till the governor says anything?
If you were reading the thread, you would know I researched it myself and prepared my family on where to go if they needed it. Long before it was being discussed anywhere.

Clearly lots of other Americans did not know or people wouldn't be claiming what a miracle DeSantis wrought by telling people and setting up clinics.

The point is he should have known way before he did and he/his health departments should have been publicizing it and helping the hospitals overcome their logistical problems in delivering.

What the heck do you think the Public Health departments are for? They are decentralized but he and the State Health Dept are responsible for informing them, coordinating with and assisting them when they need it.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:42 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,454,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. So one scenario has you living in such fear. If you’re so scared and concerned, why not move to another state so you don’t have to deal with meanie DeSantis?
Not just one scenario. Happened lots of places and DeSantis has demonstrated his incompetence in many different ways when it comes to Covid.

What does fear have to do with anything? That's some strange logic you have going on.

I don't like Biden, but I'm not planning on moving to a different country. Politicians are temporary. Why would I uproot my whole life due to one of them.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:43 AM

17,416 posts, read 16,585,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
If you were reading the thread, you would know I researched it myself and prepared my family on where to go if they needed it. Long before it was being discussed anywhere.

Clearly lots of other Americans did not know or people wouldn't be claiming what a miracle DeSantis wrought by telling people and setting up clinics.

The point is he should have known way before he did and he/his health departments should have been publicizing it and helping the hospitals overcome their logistical problems in delivering.

What the heck do you think the Public Health departments are for? They are decentralized but he and the State Health Dept are responsible for informing them, coordinating with and assisting them when they need it.
Everything you are complaining about HAS been worked out in the state of Florida. Other states should be so lucky.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:45 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,096,085 times
DeSantis.....parks his clown car right next to Trump.

Maybe not this round, but one of these times the virus will morph into a variety which can't be controlled by something as simple as a vaccine, and DeSantis and his crowd will still be preaching "no vaccine"...right up until the time that a few millions of them perish from our earth.

Karma is a wicked woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies