Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 03:55 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times

Advertisements

Never watched because I heard he was a Leftist. Although I heard he was recently redpilled so has become more moderate.

I have my own favorites, QuiteFrankly and RedPill78 whose podcasts I watch for current events and pop culture, plus I like their personalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 03:59 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yes, I really liked that he had Blaire White on a few weeks back. She is always a wild card!

You mean the same show where he also had on Joe Rogan, Michael Malice, and Alex Jones?

Yeah, wild card indeed!

Old 11-30-2021, 04:00 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
is this the guy on youtube with really long videos/podcasts where he rambles a lot, and always wears a beanie?

Old 11-30-2021, 04:10 PM

6,473 posts, read 4,071,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
I don't think you, nor the majority of people posting here, understand the policy difference between a right winger and a left winger.

I don't see any substantive POLICY issue where Tim is RW. In essence, you find him to be a bad person so you place him in the RW camp.

Name one policy position that Tim holds that's RW. You might have 2A, but even on that he's been scared into by the massive government over-reach and tyranny. Joe Rogan is pro-2A too so even that one is debatable.

Seem being the operative word. I can tell you haven't listened to any policy discussions AT ALL.
I haven’t watched him in years, so don’t know his current politics. But not only did he associate primarily with right-wingers which theirs nothing wrong with. But he associates almost exclusively with far-right personalities.

His views on the media, immigration, gun rights largely align with right wingers. Him being lukewarm about LGBT and being anti-corporate control does not inherently make him a left winger especially now that Republicans are actively going after Silicon Valley.

Him backing Trump is the obvious one. While he has critiqued Trump before, theirs no way anyone who identifies as left-wing would support Trumps Center-Right economically/Isolationist policies, not to mention his social views.

I have no issue with Republicans. I’ve said it before, I do not care if someone voted for Trump but you cannot under any circumstances identify yourself as left wing and support Trump over Biden. Maybe you can do that with Trump and AOC as candidates. His views on race very much align with the right wing view of race. Which is fine, but is not left-wing at all.

He’s a right winger whose only liberal hang-up is that he’s not as anti-LGBT and religious as some right wingers tend to be and he’s also not married to corporations like some right wingers tend to be.

On top of it all due to his behavior, nearly his entire audience self-identifies as right wing. Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson are far more centrist than he is and have a primarily right wing fan bases.

An actual unbiased source would manifest itself in the types of people that follow them. The fact that his fan base is overwhelmingly right-leaning shows that his “leftist” views are all talk.

His biggest hang up on corporations isn’t Monsanto or Nestle or the big companies that actually have a negative effect on people’s lives, but Social media corporations that censure people and maybe the occasional Wall Street bank.

He’s not far right don’t get me wrong. But he’s a Modern RHINO. Except rather than the supporting the Military Industrial Complex and big corporations but having no other identifiable Right wing values. He’s anti-Corp and doesn’t speak about the military.

As someone who considers themselves, left-leaning but having plenty of right wing/centrist views on things, I do not for once consider him, as representative of my position. He’s to the right of me and most center left people.

The other obvious thing is topics he finds important to discuss. He literally discusses right wing baiting topics. Theirs a reason why every person you ask whose a fan of his identifies as a Trump supporter/Right wing person.

Their are topics that leftists discuss and right-wingers discuss that the other side doesn’t even care about whatsoever. Most leftists do not care about immigration, legal or illegal. Most right-wingers do not care about affordable housing or the amount of money going to the military.

Old 11-30-2021, 04:13 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I haven’t watched him in years, so don’t know his current politics. But not only did he associate primarily with right-wingers which theirs nothing wrong with. But he associates almost exclusively with far-right personalities.

His views on the media, immigration, gun rights largely align with right wingers. Him being lukewarm about LGBT and being anti-corporate control does not inherently make him a left winger especially now that Republicans are actively going after Silicon Valley.

Him backing Trump is the obvious one. While he has critiqued Trump before, theirs no way anyone who identifies as left-wing would support Trumps Center-Right economically/Isolationist policies, not to mention his social views.

I have no issue with Republicans. I’ve said it before, I do not care if someone voted for Trump but you cannot under any circumstances identify yourself as left wing and support Trump over Biden. Maybe you can do that with Trump and AOC as candidates. His views on race very much align with the right wing view of race. Which is fine, but is not left-wing at all.

He’s a right winger whose only liberal hang-up is that he’s not as anti-LGBT and religious as some right wingers tend to be and he’s also not married to corporations like some right wingers tend to be.

On top of it all due to his behavior, nearly his entire audience self-identifies as right wing. Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson are far more centrist than he is and have a primarily right wing fan bases.

An actual unbiased source would manifest itself in the types of people that follow them. The fact that his fan base is overwhelmingly right-leaning shows that his “leftist” views are all talk.

His biggest hang up on corporations isn’t Monsanto or Nestle or the big companies that actually have a negative effect on people’s lives, but Social media corporations that censure people and maybe the occasional Wall Street bank.
All of this is wrong. Every single point and I knew it.

Old 11-30-2021, 04:13 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,298 times
Quote:

Him backing Trump is the obvious one. While he has critiqued Trump before, theirs no way anyone who identifies as left-wing would support Trumps Center-Right economically/Isolationist policies

Are you kidding me? Bernie Sanders ran his 2016 campaign, in part, on the idea of restricting immigration because it was bad for American workers' wages.

Do you consider Bernie Sanders a right winger?

Furthermore Trump funded Historically Black Colleges, fostered peace in the Middle East, had the highest wages for minorities than any other Pres. in history - and eliminated Federal minimum sentencing for drug crimes.

All things the Dems had been promising for years and never delivered on.

I'm afraid your view on what is Right vs. Left lacks nuance.

Old 11-30-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
All of this is wrong. Every single point and I knew it.
Like I said I haven’t watched him in years. But when I did he was associating himself with Lauren Southern and Identity Europa and that mess. Also if you don’t mind me asking, who do you support politically. I’ll argue with you, but I’ve never met a Biden supporter whose a fan of Tim Pool, let alone an outright left winger.

Show me what I said about him is wrong.

Old 11-30-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Are you kidding me? Bernie Sanders ran his 2016 campaign, in part, on the idea of restricting immigration because it was bad for American workers' wages.

Do you consider Bernie Sanders a right winger?

Furthermore Trump funded Historically Black Colleges, fostered peace in the Middle East, had the highest wages for minorities than any other Pres. in history - and eliminated Federal minimum sentencing for drug crimes.

All things the Dems had been promising for years and never delivered on.

I'm afraid your view on what is Right vs. Left lacks nuance.
Outside of peace in the Middle East, none of those are left wing policies, and the far right as well supports peace in the Middle East as long as the U.Sis on top, politically. Only one sector of the Republican Party is actually ins support of war and we all know who they are. MAGA policies might not be purely right-wing in the 1970s-2008 era of Republicanism, but the fact that Trump adopted more libertarian/isolationist beliefs doesn’t mean supporting him isn’t supporting right wingers. Like I said, no one who is actually left-leaning would support Trump over Biden. Now Trump over a whole host of other leftist politicians like AOC yes. But Biden is about the most lukewarm left winger you can get. More so than Trump in literally every situation.

The drug thing is a libertarian policy that left-wingers support. Increasing minority wages is also something on everyone’s agenda. Unless you believe before Trump Republicans we’re anti-minority wage increases. Trump increased minority wages with successful largely right wing policies. While Obama increased minority wages with successful largely left wing policies.
The difference is Trump might have been one of the few Republicans who actually targeted minorities in his economic plan, and was less of a believer in the trickle down nonsense of the Reagan era of Republicans.

The only President in recent history who didn’t increase minority wages may have been Bush.

Also your Republicans which again proves my point that someone who was actually left wing would have a left wing audience…

Old 11-30-2021, 04:46 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,001 times
Quote:
Like I said I haven’t watched him in years. But when I did he was associating himself with Lauren Southern and Identity Europa and that mess. Also if you don’t mind me asking, who do you support politically. I’ll argue with you, but I’ve never met a Biden supporter whose a fan of Tim Pool, let alone an outright left winger.

Show me what I said about him is wrong.
Lifelong liberal and leftist. I left the left in 2017/2018 because of how crazy they are. If I have to pick, I'd pick the Republicans because they at least claim to be the less crazy of the 2 parties. In reality they are both bought and paid for.

Anyone who still identifies as a Leftist today is a Far Leftists by 2008 through 2016 standards.

Old 11-30-2021, 04:48 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
For those who are aware of his social media presence...would you say he is unbiased?
No. And I can't watch him for very long because he talks too fast. It just sounds like "blublblblu blublblublblu".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies