Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 04:51 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,676,651 times

Advertisements

Tim Pool is alright depending on the guest. He reads a news story and then gives his opinion on it. I wouldn’t say he claims to have unbiased opinions. He tells you what his biases are throughout most of the podcasts.

If you listen to enough of him you’ll catch things that aren’t factually correct sometimes and a few viewpoints that just don’t make a lot of sense. Usually he covers himself with, “now I could be wrong, but didn’t…” Sometimes I think, you do have the internet, can’t you just look the thing up. Maybe he doesn’t want to interrupt the free form discussion, I don’t know. I do appreciate that Joe Rogan will have Jaime look stuff up during the actual show just to make sure he’s not spouting too much b.s.

Lately, I’ve gotten away from listening to him because he’ll read a biased piece of news intended to rile up the right and then act riled up and shocked about it for the next 20 minutes. Then I do some research and find the news he was reading exaggerated something or was just reporting hearsay which may or may not have been true. After seeing him do this over and over, I kind of just got tired of it.

He is interesting to listen to and I’m sure he’ll keep a large viewership for quite some time. He sounds very convincing. His debates are not all that great, he really should stop doing them. He wants people to agree and does surround himself with “yes, people”, so he essentially melts down when he’s facing someone with a strong opposing viewpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 05:01 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,068,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Tim Pool is alright depending on the guest. He reads a news story and then gives his opinion on it. I wouldn’t say he claims to have unbiased opinions. He tells you what his biases are throughout most of the podcasts.

If you listen to enough of him you’ll catch things that aren’t factually correct sometimes and a few viewpoints that just don’t make a lot of sense. Usually he covers himself with, “now I could be wrong, but didn’t…” Sometimes I think, you do have the internet, can’t you just look the thing up. Maybe he doesn’t want to interrupt the free form discussion, I don’t know. I do appreciate that Joe Rogan will have Jaime look stuff up during the actual show just to make sure he’s not spouting too much b.s.

Lately, I’ve gotten away from listening to him because he’ll read a biased piece of news intended to rile up the right and then act riled up and shocked about it for the next 20 minutes. Then I do some research and find the news he was reading exaggerated something or was just reporting hearsay which may or may not have been true. After seeing him do this over and over, I kind of just got tired of it.

He is interesting to listen to and I’m sure he’ll keep a large viewership for quite some time. He sounds very convincing. His debates are not all that great, he really should stop doing them. He wants people to agree and does surround himself with “yes, people”, so he essentially melts down when he’s facing someone with a strong opposing viewpoint.
This to me was how I basically viewed him the short amount of time I spent watching his stuff in Highschool.

He’s claims to be a left-winger with right wing tendencies. When at this point he’s just a right-winger with left wing tendencies or, he actually is a left-winger but he knows the majority of his audience isn’t and plays to them for views, so either way I can’t respect it. I’ll watch right wing content but I didn’t come to be gaslit and basically lied too.

Maybe because he’s friends with a bunch of people from VICE/Occupy Wall Street days that’s why he doesn’t just outright identifies as a center right guy.

Old 11-30-2021, 05:19 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
This to me was how I basically viewed him the short amount of time I spent watching his stuff in Highschool.

He’s claims to be a left-winger with right wing tendencies. When at this point he’s just a right-winger with left wing tendencies or, he actually is a left-winger but he knows the majority of his audience isn’t and plays to them for views, so either way I can’t respect it. I’ll watch right wing content but I didn’t come to be gaslit and basically lied too.

Maybe because he’s friends with a bunch of people from VICE/Occupy Wall Street days that’s why he doesn’t just outright identifies as a center right guy.
Actually Tim has said time and again he is a "fence sitter", and has received criticism for not picking sides.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:18 AM

1,969 posts, read 675,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Actually Tim has said time and again he is a "fence sitter", and has received criticism for not picking sides.
Except he's not really a fence-sitter. If you listen to what he actually wants, he wants leftist policies without the leftist crazy. That's what makes him a "fence-sitter" in his mind.

As he gets older and wiser (I'm his age lol) he'll continue to drift towards sanity (ie Libertarianism).

Old 12-01-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Except he's not really a fence-sitter. If you listen to what he actually wants, he wants leftist policies without the leftist crazy. That's what makes him a "fence-sitter" in his mind.

As he gets older and wiser (I'm his age lol) he'll continue to drift towards sanity (ie Libertarianism).
Some people will never forgive him for advocating 2A after Steven Crowder gave him a custom AR-15.

While other people think Tim is insane for thinking Tulsi is "moderate" democrat.

He cant win for losing...lol

Old 12-01-2021, 09:06 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
He's okay, a bit bland. I think he's very cautious about what he says seeing the proclivity of the techies to silence any voice that doesn't support the establishment's narratives.
timid tim is constantly second-guessing himself.

he's not bad but there are so many more interesting voices out there: Matt Walsh, Chris plante, derek hunter, dinesh d'souza, levin, raheem kassam, bongino, shapiro, etc.

pool usually falls off the end of my list.

Old 12-01-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

he's not bad but there are so many more interesting voices out there: Matt Walsh, Chris plante, derek hunter, dinesh d'souza, levin, raheem kassam, bongino, shapiro, etc.

I usually stick with Styxhexenhammer and Matt Christansen

Old 12-01-2021, 10:09 AM

7,911 posts, read 3,454,943 times
Quote:
Speaking of Styx, Razorfist, who is like Styx on steroids, has some epic rants as well.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:35 PM

1,969 posts, read 675,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Even though I've crossed over (been pushed) into far right, I can't stand most of the guys on that list. Bongino is pretty great though. DW crew just grind my gears for their blatant hypocrisy (selective religiosity).
Quote:
Styx is a little weird but Matt is one of my favorites (especially when he has to reel Blonde in). Although I'll never forgive him for changing his outro

But on topic, when known liberals like Pool, Aaron Mate, Jimmy Dore, Glenn Greenwald, etc are suddenly being tarred as far right, you know the other side is bonkers.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:18 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,928,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
I listen to his podcasts quite often.

I think he is one of the least biased people out there. Really enjoy his take on most things.
I've never heard of Tim Pool, so I can't judge him. But your response, like most Americans', could be reworded as "he says things I agree with, therefore I like him and think he is unbiased."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies