Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 01:03 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Well that's complete bullsheet.

His father had a Masters degree in Economics from Harvard, his mother earned a PhD in anthropology, so academic achievement was common in his family. At Columbia he earned a 3.7 GPA. At Harvard he graduated Magna *** Laude.

I know an uneducated person like yourself wouldn't care what that means, but it is Latin for "with great distinction". Generally it applies to only the top students in the class. No amount of affirmative action is going to get you that kind of honors at Harvard.
Don't get personal or get your panties all tied up in a wad (I have a Doctorate Degree without an AA bump). I saw Obama's SAT score and it was lower than mine but close enough for me to consider him a near equal in intellect but nothing super special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 01:13 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
You mean the Obama who graduated from Columbia University, then went on to graduate from Harvard Law School? The guy who was President of the Harvard Law review?

The man who won two Presidential elections, with 365 and 322 electoral votes? The president who was ranked by historians as 12th to 17th among all Presidents?

Yeah, such a failure!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/pre...worst-best/32/
Yes. He did only because he has always been an affirmative action candidate.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:16 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Germans and Norwegians are successful no matter where you put them and without shaming society into putting them in positions they aren’t qualified for.
Exactly. And primarily why quality with everything in America has gone completely down the chitter.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:16 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural & red View Post
Show me one other country that has as many successful black people as America?

---

You would think all black people are impoverished and live in apartheid slums just by listening to the mainstream media. It is ludicrous.

Why do people fall for this trap?

We are more than the color of our skin.

Stop listening to whiney Leftists, they are useful idiots in this foreign plot to destroy the most opportunity-providing country ever, from the inside out.
So what's your point; they should all thank Bwana for dragging them here in chains? Or they should thank Bwana for allowing them into universities (after a war was fought that nearly tore the country apart, just to end slavery and allow the freed slaves to learn to read and go to school) to be the best they can be, if they can find someone to hire them?

Clarification needed.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:21 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
That can be said for any group.
True, but I would still say India, and China has more successful Indian/Chinese people but theirs over 30x more people. I would also say Nigeria has a similar amount of successful people if you define it as wealthy and it’s debatable if you’d define it as middle class. But theirs 5 times as many Nigerians as African Americans.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:27 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Don't get personal or get your panties all tied up in a wad (I have a Doctorate Degree without an AA bump). I saw Obama's SAT score and it was lower than mine but close enough for me to consider him a near equal in intellect but nothing super special.
As far as I can find, Obama has never made his SAT score public, so I have my doubts about your story. But, assuming you are telling the truth, Obama's SAT score was close to yours, you got into college and graduate school, but you claim no way Obama could have done so without affirmative action? Dude, you're not making sense.

If you want to argue that blacks aren't smart enough to accomplish things without affirmative action, you might want to pick a different example than Barack Obama.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:28 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianVanAmstel View Post
I think most of them are/were in Nigeria not sure. In the USA something like 40% of Nigerians get graduate degrees.
How many of those are athletes involved in college sports and eventually go on to pro-sports where they make a absolute fortune? At the college platform, those who are good at various sports bring in lots of money for the college. That's the number 1 objective for colleges to get those to play on their team. Do you have any idea how much money any college brings in from sports/athletics? Just one example is Stanford Football, which is a multibillion dollar income for the University. Just that one sport. When a kid can help bring in that type of dough for the University, that University pulls out all stops so the kid can come and help with that. One example! Just one! The kid can be a total rock (IQ) and they pull out all stops to make that happen.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:32 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Well that's complete bullsheet.

His father had a Masters degree in Economics from Harvard, his mother earned a PhD in anthropology, so academic achievement was common in his family. At Columbia he earned a 3.7 GPA. At Harvard he graduated Magna *** Laude.

I know an uneducated person like yourself wouldn't care what that means, but it is Latin for "with great distinction". Generally it applies to only the top students in the class. No amount of affirmative action is going to get you that kind of honors at Harvard.
Whatever. He’s still an affirmative action student, senator, and president.

He got all of those because of his skin color, which by definition is racist.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:34 PM

19,793 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Certainly Botswana, Ghana and probably also Nigeria.
That's just off the top of my head.
Have you been anywhere outside of the US? Do you do business outside of the US?

Maybe you need to get out of your rural and red corner of the world

What utter nonsense...........you should stop posting off the top of your head.

In 2020 USD.......
Botswana - PCGDP $6,710.........77% of population lives on less than $10 US per day.
Ghana - PCGDP $2,328.............78% of population lives on less than $10 US per day.
Nigeria - PCGDP $2,097............98+% of population lives on less than $10 US per day.

USA - $63,543.........................~2.75% of population lives on less Thant $10 US per day.

Last edited by EDS_; 11-30-2021 at 01:49 PM..

Old 11-30-2021, 01:37 PM

19,793 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
More straw men!

No one is teaching CRT in the schools.

If "they" are lowering testing standards and cancelling AP classes that would seem to affect whites as well as blacks, no?
Please stop with the misdirection.

1. Teachers use and teach elements of CRT every day and have for years.

2. "They" most defiantly are lowering testing standards, attempting to do away with tests etc. and it has little or nothing to do with helping whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies