Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 01:38 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
As far as I can find, Obama has never made his SAT score public, so I have my doubts about your story. But, assuming you are telling the truth, Obama's SAT score was close to yours, you got into college and graduate school, but you claim no way Obama could have done so without affirmative action? Dude, you're not making sense.

If you want to argue that blacks aren't smart enough to accomplish things without affirmative action, you might want to pick a different example than Barack Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 01:40 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Whatever. He’s still an affirmative action student, senator, and president.

He got all of those because of his skin color, which by definition is racist.
Jealous much?

Old 11-30-2021, 01:41 PM

1,952 posts, read 827,402 times
All of these leaders coming from Ivy League colleges with their advanced degrees for decades....yet, the country finds itself in the shape it is in today and we see govt literally fumble everything they are put in charge of.

Endless wars, horrific debt, spending money we do not have, sending some of said money to enemy foreigners, propping up one regime and then turning around and funding another regime against them, runaway inflation, zero control over our borders, barely functional govt healthcare website, Amtrak.....the list goes on....

Sorry...I am not impressed as some of you all are by these overly educated people. Seems everything these people touch turns to sh*t.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:48 PM

19,778 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Apparently President Obama scored a 30 ACT which roughly translates to 1360/1370 SAT.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:48 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
What utter nonsense...........you should stop posting off the top of your head.

In 2020 USD.......
Botswana - PCGDP $6,710.........77% of population lives on less than $10 US per day.
Ghana - PCGDP $2,328.............78% of population lives on less than $10 US per day.
Nigeria - PCGDP $2,097............98+% of population lives on less than $10 US per day.

USA - $63,543.........................~2.75% of population ives on less Thant $10 US per day.
The Dollar is much stronger in basically every foreign country. But Botswana has a very small population and Ghana’s population is also on the smaller end. While Nigeria had a lot of rich people, when talking USD 1 million dollar sad the baseline U.S blows Nigeria out of the water. Now if your baseline as 100 million dollars controlles for PPP then Nigeria is very comparable and might actually have more than Black America.

U.S has 40% of all people worth U.S, 1,000,000 dollars though do this trend is very much expected.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:56 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
As far as I can find, Obama has never made his SAT score public, so I have my doubts about your story. But, assuming you are telling the truth, Obama's SAT score was close to yours, you got into college and graduate school, but you claim no way Obama could have done so without affirmative action? Dude, you're not making sense.

If you want to argue that blacks aren't smart enough to accomplish things without affirmative action, you might want to pick a different example than Barack Obama.

Obama got t where he was because of AA, yes, he could have gotten into a state college or Jr. College with the same qualifications were he white or Asian but not Harvard. Had I been black with the same qualifications, I would have gotten into Harvard (I probably would have chosen Stanford).

Either you're entirely ignorant of how Affirmative Action has advanced people with lower qualifications or not being forthright.

I would be more impressed with Obama if he had invented the internet like Algore did.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:59 PM

19,778 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
The Dollar is much stronger in basically every foreign country. But Botswana has a very small population and Ghana’s population is also on the smaller end. While Nigeria had a lot of rich people, when talking USD 1 million dollar sad the baseline U.S blows Nigeria out of the water. Now if your baseline as 100 million dollars controlles for PPP then Nigeria is very comparable and might actually have more than Black America.

U.S has 40% of all people worth U.S, 1,000,000 dollars though do this trend is very much expected.

My baseline is a Ph.D in economics. Frankly, I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.

Anyway here is Per Capita PPP-GDP which simply kills your argument.....2020 data per The IMF

US - $68,309
Botswana - $18,113
Ghana - $5,968
Nigeria - $5,280

Old 11-30-2021, 02:01 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Apparently President Obama scored a 30 ACT which roughly translates to 1360/1370 SAT.
See, a borderline dummy

Bill Cosby scored a 500 and got into Temple. There are plenty of highly intelligent black people but one can't go on their ability to be admitted into a certain university like you can in the case of whites and Asians.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:03 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Obama got t where he was because of AA, yes, he could have gotten into a state college or Jr. College with the same qualifications were he white or Asian but not Harvard. Had I been black with the same qualifications, I would have gotten into Harvard (I probably would have chosen Stanford).

Either you're entirely ignorant of how Affirmative Action has advanced people with lower qualifications or not being forthright.

I would be more impressed with Obama if he had invented the internet like Algore did.
If Obama got to where he was due to affirmative action, then he is an ideal example of the policy working, don't you agree?

Old 11-30-2021, 02:04 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

You clearly don’t know the average black student at Harvard. Both me and my sibling got 1370 and 1460 on our SATs respectively and my brother got rejected from UT, while I couldn’t even sniff Rice or University of Georgia. 1450 minimum is what you need to even be considered for an Ivy League school if your not a Valedictorian, or have a 4.00 GPA and a whole list of other things on top of it.

The majority of Harvard students are Valedictorians and Salutatorians including the black ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies