Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 05:46 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times

Advertisements

Nuremberg 2.0 can't come soon enough for Fauci and his Big Pharma friends!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 05:52 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Whats the prob? they are both sociopaths.
Anyway, I find comparisons between covid policy, anti Semitism and race based segregation all apropos. Sorry for your hurt feelings.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 12-01-2021 at 06:10 AM..

Old 12-01-2021, 05:57 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
But Trump to Hitler was just fine with this person. The double standards woke commies apply is just loathsome at this point.

I knew all this throwing around the word Nazi in the US would leas to people outside of the US becoming offended.

I don't think those throwing the word around have any real concept of what it actually means.

I also totally agree that nothing is said when the left constantly accuse people of being Nazi's however as soon as Fox News does it, there are complaints, which smacks of double standards.

Old 12-01-2021, 05:58 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Logan would have done much better to simply call Fauci an authoritarian or even totalitarian, then let it go with that.

Of course I still would take a lot of issue with that description, but at least I could still grudgingly respect it based on the person realizing the scope and limits of Naziism and even Fascism.

Old 12-01-2021, 05:59 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
lara didn't compare fauci to mengele. lara said people she talks to have compared fauci to mengele.

lara logan:
"What you see on Dr. Fauci, this is what people say to me, that he doesn't represent science to them. He represents Josef Mengele ... the Nazi doctor who did experiments on Jews during the Second World War and in the concentration camps," Logan said Monday during an appearance on "Fox News Primetime." "And I am talking about people all across the world are saying this. Because the response from COVID, what it has done to countries everywhere, what it has done to civil liberties, the suicide rates, the poverty, it has obliterated economies."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...to-nazi-doctor

another incorrect thread title and lie by our media.
Another nitpicking on the wording. Why did she even repeat such a vile thing that someone else said? And then went on to say everyone across the world is saying it.

Why would anyone push such garbage? I agree she needs to tour a Holocaust museum.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:01 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I wonder if the museum ever slammed the American left and its media allies for tossing around "nazis" as a term for their political opponents (not to mention average citizens).

And if not, why not?
Examples?

Old 12-01-2021, 06:04 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
But Trump to Hitler was just fine with this person. The double standards woke commies apply is just loathsome at this point.
Not sure if by "this person" you meant the OP or the person at the museum, but many of us find comparisons to Nazis or Hitler ignorant and wrong when used to describe Trump, Biden, Cruz, Fauci and others that either the left or the right light to hurl this against. The OP included. I found this post from the OP from November 2020:

After watching several interviews of Holocausts survivors on the YouTube channel USC Shoah Foundation I have come to the conclusion that one can't really use those words to compare anything that we know of today in America. I'm not a Trump supporter his actions are not anywhere close to what Hitler did. If Amanpour said that she should take it back ridicules statement.

It was in the following thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/medi...l#post59698164

I will once again in this thread agree with those upthread that have condemned the comparison, just as I have opposed such comparisons to Trump. It really is possible to be consistent on this.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:07 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Another nitpicking on the wording. Why did she even repeat such a vile thing that someone else said? And then went on to say everyone across the world is saying it.

Why would anyone push such garbage? I agree she needs to tour a Holocaust museum.

I don't like that Nazi comparisons are considered off-limits. I believe ANY step in that direction needs to be called out before it gets any worse. Sure, Fauci isn't as bad asMengele *yet* but who else would you compare him to in history? It's not "you ARE Mengele", there are shades of gray.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:08 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Lazy to make comparisons, but as long as one outrageous comparison is allowed (e.g. the left comparing GOP policies to slavery . . . think of all those who have stated they are going to "have y'all back in chains"), then nothing should be off limits. Also, I only choose to get upset about things if there is mal intent. Clearly, such comparisons here--rather by the left or the right--are not being done with the intention of insulting Jews or being anti-Semitic. Accordingly, while I may think them foolish, I won't get up in arms over them.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:08 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

I knew all this throwing around the word Nazi in the US would leas to people outside of the US becoming offended.

I don't think those throwing the word around have any real concept of what it actually means.

I also totally agree that nothing is said when the left constantly accuse people of being Nazi's however as soon as Fox News does it, there are complaints, which smacks of double standards.
I don't know why it's so hard to condemn this without wandering into whataboutism as some sort of defense. I have heard these insults to Fauci many times, if they have some criticism they can vent rather than venture into this territory. Besides as I have mentioned he only advises on policy, states are free to ignore the science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies