Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 06:22 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
We don’t know the exact origins of this virus or Fauci’s involvement. He very well could be responsible for more deaths than Mengele.
Correct. We DO NOT KNOW. So no need for any comparisons to Mengele.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 06:24 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Maybe you could benefit from a tour of a Holocaust museum.

Why do you think people must be compared to someone else in history? If you don't like Fauci or the things he said, I have no problem with you speaking against him. There is no need to find some historical bad person for comparison.
The only reason hitler and nazis are used is because the average mouth breathing American knows about them. Sadly, there are tons of historical references one could make to regimes\individuals etc. that were every bit as bad and perhaps more accurate.

Heck, would be funny to compare some political figure to the Comanche, Montezuma, Mongolians, Zulu, Romans, Persians etc. and you'd get blank stares and probably be called racist by some dolt.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:25 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Whats the prob? they are both sociopaths.
Anyway, I find comparisons between covid policy, anti Semitism and race based segregation all apropos. Sorry for your hurt feelings.
And I’ll add; I don't think the comparison is made enough. The right in this country needs to push the narrative of Fauci as Dr Evil even harder.
Judging by the responses here, it looks like its working at offending the right people.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:28 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
We don’t know the exact origins of this virus or Fauci’s involvement. He very well could be responsible for more deaths than Mengele.
By he you mean Trump? We don't know after all...so maybe it's him?

I remember people trying to claim the US Gov. created HIV to kill blacks....did Reagan do that? I'm just "asking questions"

They have unsolved murders in Florida, some people say that DeSantis might be a serial killer, but we don't know.

Groundless innuendo and unsupported accusations is not a good thing.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:29 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck --- it isn't a duck, but a skunk?

Old 12-01-2021, 06:31 AM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
lara didn't compare fauci to mengele. lara said people she talks to have compared fauci to mengele.

lara logan:
"What you see on Dr. Fauci, this is what people say to me, that he doesn't represent science to them. He represents Josef Mengele ... the Nazi doctor who did experiments on Jews during the Second World War and in the concentration camps," Logan said Monday during an appearance on "Fox News Primetime." "And I am talking about people all across the world are saying this. Because the response from COVID, what it has done to countries everywhere, what it has done to civil liberties, the suicide rates, the poverty, it has obliterated economies."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...to-nazi-doctor

another incorrect thread title and lie by our media.
I thought anonymous sources were not to be trusted. "...people all across the world are saying this" is utter bull**** without documentation to support the claim.

Fox should know better, since their viewers obviously don't.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:45 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
all sides use Nazi comparisons which leave little left to insult with...i.e. you are a "worse" Nazi than i am?

Old 12-01-2021, 06:47 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
People have every right to make the comparison; that is their opinion. I believe in free speech. I will, however, and in the same vein, continue to speak out against it - largely because in my experience it is not nearly as well thought out as implied in the above. I'm sure sometimes it is; I think those are in the minority. Usually it is just using the most foul thing people can think of to express one's political viewpoint. And I think it is callous and makes me wonder how much people making the comparison really understand about the Holocaust.
I can respect that position, but that just goes to my point about all of this being subjective. You choose to make those points--which I can appreciate. I choose to not get offended or worked up about something that was not intended to offend or insult.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:48 AM

6,385 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't know why it's so hard to condemn this without wandering into whataboutism as some sort of defense. I have heard these insults to Fauci many times, if they have some criticism they can vent rather than venture into this territory. Besides as I have mentioned he only advises on policy, states are free to ignore the science.
How many times have we heard the "insults" of Trump being compared to Hitler where the Liberal Left and MSM were SILENT? One can criticize the comparison, but once again the Liberal hypocrisy shines through as it apparently is just fine and dandy to do it with Trump, but all of the sudden it becomes off-limits when it is directed at them.

Fauci only advises on "policy"...yet states are free to ignore the "science".

Nice attempt at twisting a few things. Fauci is not advising on "policy", he and others are saying their "science" is the only science that is acceptable. Just because states may not be doing what Fauci "advises", doesn't mean they are not following the science.

Since you mentioned that states are free to ignore the "science", I imagine you then must agree that Biden and the Federal Government have overreached their authority when it comes to various mandates...right?

Old 12-01-2021, 06:48 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
all sides use Nazi comparisons which leave little left to insult with...i.e. you are a "worse" Nazi than i am?

I think that might be the part I'm missing from understanding the "belittling the memory" folks. I don't look at Nazi comparisons as an insult but rather a cautionary statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies