Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 08:07 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,092,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
By he you mean Trump? We don't know after all...so maybe it's him?

I remember people trying to claim the US Gov. created HIV to kill blacks....did Reagan do that? I'm just "asking questions"

They have unsolved murders in Florida, some people say that DeSantis might be a serial killer, but we don't know.

Groundless innuendo and unsupported accusations is not a good thing.
These are not just blind questions or groundless innuendo. Funding was sent to that lab under his watch at the NIH. He was in close correspondence with Daszak.

You can continue to pretend to be blind, i won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 08:25 AM

26,882 posts, read 13,100,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't know why it's so hard to condemn this without wandering into whataboutism as some sort of defense. I have heard these insults to Fauci many times, if they have some criticism they can vent rather than venture into this territory. Besides as I have mentioned he only advises on policy, states are free to ignore the science.
I agree that both sides should not be using the term Nazi, however it seems the left have been doing this for years without people standing up and stating it's wrong, and that's the difference here.

The fact that the left has used the term against anyone they don't agree with has led it to it's common usage in the first place.

I am not happy about Fox using the term to describe Fauci, however is they had objected earlier when the left were labelling people as being Nazi's then this might have been stopped or at least curbed.

I really don't think today's generation of Americans have any real concept of what the term Nazi embodies and just use the term casually against anyone who does not share their left wing ideology and narrative.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:34 AM

15,573 posts, read 10,282,358 times
the press lied in the headline that lara said fauci was like mengele and the topic title is untrue. i provided the quote and video of what lara, a reporter, said in my upthread link. lara did not say fauci was mengele. as a reporter, she had spoken to other people who had made the comparison and she reported those statements.

in past mainstream media stories about negative comments regarding administration officials and politicians, reporters stated 'sources' also known as anonymous people said something negative about those officials. i don't recall ever seeing a headline stating the reporter himself/herself made the derogatory statements. that was my point, which isn't difficult to grasp, folks.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-01-2021 at 08:45 AM..

Old 12-01-2021, 08:39 AM

77,714 posts, read 59,844,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
These are not just blind questions or groundless innuendo. Funding was sent to that lab under his watch at the NIH. He was in close correspondence with Daszak.

You can continue to pretend to be blind, i won't.
You said we don't know. I'll leave you to argue with that poster.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:42 AM

23,306 posts, read 16,987,140 times
What's the museum's position on AOC and other squad members? "It's all about the Benjamins"?

nadler and clyburn.... clyburn- Washington CNN —
Two powerful House Democrats have invoked Adolf Hitler’s actions in Germany and the treatment of Jews during World War I and in the 1920s to warn against the direction the US is moving in, with both saying Donald Trump’s presidency presents an unprecedented threat to democracy.

no outrage form the museum , the media or anyone else. okay to use hitler as a yardstick to measure trump.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:45 AM

77,714 posts, read 59,844,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
What's the museum's position on AOC and other squad members? "It's all about the Benjamins"?

nadler and clyburn.... clyburn- Washington CNN —
Two powerful House Democrats have invoked Adolf Hitler’s actions in Germany and the treatment of Jews during World War I and in the 1920s to warn against the direction the US is moving in, with both saying Donald Trump’s presidency presents an unprecedented threat to democracy.

no outrage form the museum , the media or anyone else. okay to use hitler as a yardstick to measure trump.
I believe AOC and others referred to Trumps migrant camps as "concentration camps" with a clear nod to trying to draw an Nazi reference.

That said, I could see why the Auschwitz museum might pass on the Hitler references but referring to camps with food, shelter, medical care and televisions etc. as a "concentration camp" surely should have hit their radar if the Mengele reference did.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:48 AM

52,221 posts, read 33,927,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I wonder if the museum ever slammed the American left and its media allies for tossing around "nazis" as a term for their political opponents (not to mention average citizens).

And if not, why not?
not even once, from what i saw.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:54 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,092,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You said we don't know. I'll leave you to argue with that poster.
You can read that post as "we don't know for sure", but there is a lot of smoke around Fauci and this virus/lab and I believe there is some fire as well.

Believe =/= know for sure.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:59 AM

52,221 posts, read 33,927,682 times
Speaking of Holocaust comparisons, here’s a flashback thread of Dems and the media comparing the Trump administration to Nazi Germany
“It’s not wrong to compare Trump’s America to the Holocaust. Here’s why.” - 7/16/18 in @PostOpinions

‘He’s sort of like Goebbels,’ Biden compares Trump to the Nazi chief propagandist. - 9/20/20

“Jewish Democratic group’s ad compares Trump era and 1930s Germany.” - 9/20/20

Gore took 37 days to concede 2000, but within days of the Nov elections, the Number 3 @HouseDemocrats compared Trump to Hitler for refusing to concede 2020. “That’s what Hitler did in Germany,” said @WhipClyburn

“Joe Biden likens @tedcruz to Nazi propagandist Goebbels for helping Trump spread ‘big lie’ about election fraud.” - 1/8/21

“Top House Democrats compare Trump's rise to Hitler's.” - March 2019.

Video: Dem @RepLawrence explained in Sep 2020 how Trump is following Hitler in terms of tactics that led to the Holocaust.

“Don't compare Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler. It belittles Hitler.” - @PostOpinions 9/13/16.

“Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez accused President Donald Trump's administration of running ‘concentration camps’ in its detention of migrants at the southern border.” - 6/18/19
that said, i don't agree with the nazi comparisons re: fauxci.

Old 12-01-2021, 09:02 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,748,334 times
Democrats always compare Republicans to Hitler, so I have no problem returning the favor.

The same rules should apply to Democrats as they impose on others. Let's Go Brandon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies