Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2021, 12:31 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times

Advertisements

No motive yet and the suspect is not talking to the police.
Quote:
“He came out with the intent to kill people. He was shooting people at close range, oftentimes toward the head or chest,” Sheriff Michael Bouchard said on CNN early Wednesday. “It’s chilling. It’s just absolutely cold-hearted murderous.”
4th teenager dies after school shooting in Michigan; police say suspect had 'intent to kill'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 12:33 PM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Who hasn't been bullied? I was bullied when I was a kid at some time or the other. It sucked but it also was just part of growing up. I used to have a really bad temper, super bad actually. But no matter how screwed up it was, I never had the idea to bring a gun to school and shoot up the place, not even to use a gun on those who tried to bully me, which if anyone, that's the only individuals I would have held accountable and targeted, not the entire class/school.

Kids these days have been seriously turned out. Look at, for example, the two morons who killed a Spanish teacher in Iowa a few months ago. Those two look like their confused over which bathroom they should be using. Turned out! Public school style.

Exactly. Bully's have been around forever. I also remember a time when you could see shotguns hanging in the racks in pickups in HS parking lots. Imagine that, high school kids bringing firearms to school....

Somewhere , somehow , society has degraded to this point.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:43 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
The gun used in the shooting by Ethan Crumbley was purchased by his father just 3 days before the attack, on Black Friday.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/michig...than-crumbley/

Quote:
His father purchased the 9mm Sig Sauer used in the shooting just four days earlier on Black Friday, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said.

Crumbley had posted photos of the gun, and him firing it, in the lead-up to the school shooting, the sheriff added.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:48 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly. Bully's have been around forever. I also remember a time when you could see shotguns hanging in the racks in pickups in HS parking lots. Imagine that, high school kids bringing firearms to school....

Somewhere , somehow , society has degraded to this point.
LOL, yeah, I had a gun rack in my truck that I drove to high school. But I didn't have a shotgun in it. Instead I had this very nice double bladed axe sitting in it.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:50 PM

17,368 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They said bullying. "Chicks" can certainly bully people. But once a person makes the decision to "shoot up the school" he probably doesn't care who he shoots.
It really looks as though he was targeting kids out of jealousy. A 17 year old, pretty, highly accomplished student who already had college acceptances including full ride offers, a 16 year old, handsome football player, a pretty 14 year old volleyball player.

I just don't believe that he selected these victims because they had been bullying him. They may not have noticed him, but that doesn't mean that they were bullying him.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:57 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Before anyone starts with gun control.

There is a serious mental health issue in this country. Social media has created a new norm of hating and pressure on today's youth unlike we've never seen before.

Arm the teachers...problem solved.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:00 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
It really looks as though he was targeting kids out of jealousy. A 17 year old, pretty, highly accomplished student who already had college acceptances including full ride offers, a 16 year old, handsome football player, a pretty 14 year old volleyball player.

I just don't believe that he selected these victims because they had been bullying him. They may not have noticed him, but that doesn't mean that they were bullying him.
So now kids interpret being turned down as a form of bullying? I wouldn't doubt it.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:07 PM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post

The kid was a sophomore, it's the sophomores place to be bullied...at least it was when I started HS. It just came with the territory of being "fresh meat" . I changed that by dating senior girls...that didn't go over to well but I was eventually excepted.

More proof that we have failed in raising our kids to overcome adversity in life.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:08 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,522,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
When I was a kid, I never heard of these school shootings. They simply didn't happen. Guns were everywhere. My father kept a handgun, unlocked, and as a kid stumbled upon it, and me and my friend played with it. It almost ended in tragedy but safety was on.

Something happened to our kids. Guns are a tool, and while they make killing massive amounts of people easier, we're not addressing why our kids want to do this in the first place. Going after guns is going after a symptom, not root cause of this problem.
My dad kept loaded guns in car, nightstand and flight bag (commercial pilot). He took my brothers and I to shooting range when I was 5 and brothers were 6,7,and 9. Taught us to assume all guns are loaded, to never point a gun at a person unless you intend on killing them, and that we are not to touch guns unless in presence of adult at shooting range.
We never went into nightstand, flt bag or glovebox. We had a respect for guns, and by going to gun range, our curiosity was removed. I now own several guns, shot Expert in Military.
In high school (suburb of ATL), kids would drive trucks to school with shotguns in gun rack. Teachers would go out at lunch time to see student's new gun and compare. No school shootings. Some of the safest gun handlers are kids raised where hunting is popular.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:14 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
He's being charged as an adult and as a terrorist.
Moderators for US and World Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies