Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2021, 08:01 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,899,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I thought they all simply looked ridiculous wearing those silly looking pink hats, hard to take them seriously.
Maybe you missed the significance of what those pink hats with cat ears represented. Ask a woman you know if you can't figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2021, 08:07 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,899,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Maybe you missed the significance of what those pink hats with cat ears represented. Ask a woman you know if you can't figure it out.
I understand what the ridiculous looking hats represented, it still made them look ridiculous and silly, one of the reasons why women aren’t taken seriously. I also know what they are, even more reason to roll eyes and laugh at them. (I’m a woman and marching because they didn’t like Trump and afraid they can’t abort babies isn’t anything noble.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:10 PM

15,726 posts, read 7,523,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Exactly but the Women’s March was not a temper tantrum ... but an example of (bullies winning); the types of protests that only one person in the history of persons could spark --- globally.

"On the first full day of Donald Trump’s presidency, hundreds of thousands of people crowd into the U.S. capital for the Women’s March on Washington, a massive protest in the nation’s capital aimed largely at the Trump administration and the threat it represented to reproductive, civil and human rights.

At the same time, more than 3 million people in cities across the country and around the world held their own simultaneous protests in a global show of support for the resistance movement. It was the largest single-day protest in U.S. history." (my bold for emphasis)
Quote:
I thought they all simply looked ridiculous wearing those silly looking pink hats, hard to take them seriously.
Not any more than taking Trump seriously with his 3a.m. tweets --- can you say OCD? With everything the man had going for him, his wealth, his fame, his anti-establishment stance; kind of hard to take him serious when the best he could do when he opened his mouth was limited character speeches. If a person wants people to take them seriously the best place to start is with good speaking skills. If you don't have that, no one is going to pay attention to you, even when you have something really important to say.

For sure though, those women heard him loud and clear ... all around the world. Locker room talk? Get real.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Not any more than taking Trump seriously with his 3a.m. tweets --- can you say OCD? With everything the man had going for him, his wealth, his fame, his anti-establishment stance; kind of hard to take him serious when the best he could do when he opened his mouth was limited character speeches. If a person wants people to take them seriously the best place to start is with good speaking skills. If you don't have that, no one is going to pay attention to you, even when you have something really important to say.

For sure though, those women heard him loud and clear ... all around the world. Locker room talk? Get real.
I barely was on Twitter so didn’t read any tweets, besides bill Clinton was a s pure sexist who allowed a young woman to be harassed by the media and Hollywood and kept quiet to save his own hide and been accused of sexual harassment and misconduct and again those women were crucified by the media, yet women’s rights activists were silent and there was no pink hats March. Where was the outrage then? If they really were concerned they would have been in the streets.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I barely was on Twitter so didn’t read any tweets, besides bill Clinton was a s pure sexist who allowed a young woman to be harassed by the media and Hollywood and kept quiet to save his own hide and been accused of sexual harassment and misconduct and again those women were crucified by the media, yet women’s rights activists were silent and there was no pink hats March. Where was the outrage then? If they really were concerned they would have been in the streets.
Quote:
I barely was on Twitter so didn’t read any tweets ...
I'm not on twitter either, joined when it first came out, canceled my account within about 6 months later. But I do know, it only allows so many characters per post and when I hear Trump speak, he talks just like that. (OCD) I'm surprised no one else seems to pick up on that.

No doubt Bill Clinton taught the kids today about sex --- he's the reason I do not caps u.s. but still Trump is in a league al his own, that even Bill Clinton can't top. It was the largest single-day protest in U.S. history.

Believe it our not, there are lies a potus can tell and get by with and there are lies that a potus can tell that they can not get by with --- Nixon, "I am not a crook". Clinton, "I did not have sex with that woman". Trump? the list would be long

Nixon lied, it is later found out. Clinton lied it is later found out. Trump lied all the time ... nothing more to see there and Trump's bullying is towards everyone, no one is as smart as Trump, that's what his ego tells him; he also sees what he does as not only acceptable behavior, but funny as well. In his mind, it was the 80s, and everyone behaved that way, what's wrong with it --- ? in the 80s had he run for office, no one would have voted for him, because we all knew him for who he is --- a mongrel.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:49 PM

52,342 posts, read 34,099,496 times
It was the largest single-day protest in U.S. history. .

yeah, you keep saying that.

what were they 'protesting'?
be specific.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
It was the largest single-day protest in U.S. history. .

yeah, you keep saying that.

what were they 'protesting'?
be specific.
Read and find out, Women’s March

Old 12-02-2021, 08:51 PM

32,943 posts, read 12,233,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
LOL. You're so brainwashed. You'll get it someday. When it's too late, of course. When the authoritarianism you've been demanding for five years stomps on your own neck, and only then, you'll get it. Right up to the moment that they line you up against the wall, you'll be believing their lies.
^^^^^ An irrelevant deflection.

What you’re saying above being true doesn’t make Trump being a bully any less true.

Everything isn’t one side or the other/isn’t ‘Us vs. Them’.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:59 PM

32,943 posts, read 12,233,166 times
Quote:
Yeah, “take the vaccine or be fired”, oh wait, that was Biden…. Calling a woman voter a”dog faced pony soldier “, Biden again, mocking a heavy voter by challenging him to a push up contest to mock him, Biden again, plus sniffing little girls hair and making the. Uncomfortable, Biden again. Biden may not tweet but he’s definitely the ultimate bully
^^^^^ Another irrelevant deflection.

Biden being a bully or not has nothing to do with whether Trump is a bully or not, and calling Trump a bully doesn’t make anyone a Biden supporter/voter, nor a Democrat.

Everything isn’t ‘Us vs. Them’.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I'm not on twitter either, joined when it first came out, canceled my account within about 6 months later. But I do know, it only allows so many characters per post and when I hear Trump speak, he talks just like that. (OCD) I'm surprised no one else seems to pick up on that.

No doubt Bill Clinton taught the kids today about sex --- he's the reason I do not caps u.s. but still Trump is in a league al his own, that even Bill Clinton can't top. It was the largest single-day protest in U.S. history.

Believe it our not, there are lies a potus can tell and get by with and there are lies that a potus can tell that they can not get by with --- Nixon, "I am not a crook". Clinton, "I did not have sex with that woman". Trump? the list would be long

Nixon lied, it is later found out. Clinton lied it is later found out. Trump lied all the time ... nothing more to see there and Trump's bullying is towards everyone, no one is as smart as Trump, that's what his ego tells him; he also sees what he does as not only acceptable behavior, but funny as well. In his mind, it was the 80s, and everyone behaved that way, what's wrong with it --- ? in the 80s had he run for office, no one would have voted for him, because we all knew him for who he is --- a mongrel.
Yet Biden had surpassed Nixon, Clinton and per some Trump in telling lies. He isn’t more of a bully then Biden, media or others, also no one would have voted for Biden cause they knew he was a liar then as he is now, que the lost primaries. Biden is just as much a bully if not worse, Trump kept it to the media which many of them deserved it, as well as politicians, Biden bullied regular people during the primaries if they asked a question he didn’t like, called a woman a”dog faced pony soldier “, a man who was chubby challenging him to a push up contest to insult him…. Trying to push businesses to mandate their employees to get vaccinated saying get vaccinated or get fired. Trump never done that, my husband actually met him as a regular citizen before he ever ran for President and said he was a super nice guy and pretty funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies