Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 09:55 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,083,933 times

Advertisements

Federal judge in Kentucky issued an injunction which prevents federal contractors from the vaccine mandate. This applies to federal contractors in Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee. So this applies to thousands of federal contractors on ft Knox and ft Campbell, Wright-Patterson AFB, Cleveland DFAS, and the list goes on.

https://www.wave3.com/2021/11/30/ken...ccine-mandate/

More and more lawsuits against the mandates continue and now DOD civilians won’t have any negative consequences until at least 2022 as OPM considers all the legal cases pending against the covid mandate.

Old 12-01-2021, 11:43 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Federal judge in Kentucky issued an injunction which prevents federal contractors from the vaccine mandate. This applies to federal contractors in Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee. So this applies to thousands of federal contractors on ft Knox and ft Campbell, Wright-Patterson AFB, Cleveland DFAS, and the list goes on.

https://www.wave3.com/2021/11/30/ken...ccine-mandate/

More and more lawsuits against the mandates continue and now DOD civilians won’t have any negative consequences until at least 2022 as OPM considers all the legal cases pending against the covid mandate.
There maybe a legal basis for arguing that vaccine mandates against some groups must be done by the states, rather than the federal government because of constitutional language.

No sane person would argue that the commander in chief doesn't have the right to order military members to get a vaccination.

As usual, I see you are grasping at straws.

Old 12-01-2021, 04:24 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
I always thought it was an overreach in regards to the whole healthcare, OSHA, and the federal contractor community, but think it is well within the authority to mandate for the military and federal civilian employees.

Old 12-01-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
There maybe a legal basis for arguing that vaccine mandates against some groups must be done by the states, rather than the federal government because of constitutional language.

No sane person would argue that the commander in chief doesn't have the right to order military members to get a vaccination.

As usual, I see you are grasping at straws.
Riiight. And surprisingly the thread topic is federal contractors, which are different the military service members. Thanks for your perspective on the thread applicability to federal contractors.

Old 12-02-2021, 04:43 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Riiight. And surprisingly the thread topic is federal contractors, which are different the military service members. Thanks for your perspective on the thread applicability to federal contractors.
Hmmm...the name of the forum is "Military Life and Issues". Also, you have written posts before defending people in the military attempting to get out of vaccinating.

Old 12-02-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Hmmm...the name of the forum is "Military Life and Issues". Also, you have written posts before defending people in the military attempting to get out of vaccinating.
Agree but both DOD civilians and federal contractors are often disabled therefore why is there such rigor to forcing a physical standard with vaccines? There have been little physical standards for DOD civilians and federal contractors but now there is a push with a covid vaccine. Why not with the anthrax shots? Smallpox?

The federal injunctions are shutting the mandates down. I’m pro vaccine and am vaccinated but the mandate goes too far and already has some calling for boosters. Vaccines good but when will it end? DHS just extended masks on planes again. When does it end? What benchmark?

Almost two years now and we’ve made little progress. People keep dying as they always have and will continue. Roll out the welcome mat for the newest variant. Boosters for Christmas.

Old 12-02-2021, 07:41 PM

6,594 posts, read 7,087,216 times
Quote:
Agree but both DOD civilians and federal contractors are often disabled therefore why is there such rigor to forcing a physical standard with vaccines? There have been little physical standards for DOD civilians and federal contractors but now there is a push with a covid vaccine. Why not with the anthrax shots? Smallpox?

The federal injunctions are shutting the mandates down. I’m pro vaccine and am vaccinated but the mandate goes too far and already has some calling for boosters. Vaccines good but when will it end? DHS just extended masks on planes again. When does it end? What benchmark?

Almost two years now and we’ve made little progress. People keep dying as they always have and will continue. Roll out the welcome mat for the newest variant. Boosters for Christmas.
Can't be because those people now that are dying are the ones not vaccinated right? Yeah the immunocompromised vaccinated ones like cancer patients but 90% of the people that are dying are unvaccinated. You tell me how to end it.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:36 PM

6,103 posts, read 3,338,430 times
I’m a contractor, my company offered me $250 to take it, and I did. But I was going to take it anyway, because they made it such a pain to not take the vaccine. Such as having to wear the mask whenever inside or in a vehicle with others. Also, since I’m OCONUS, if you didn’t live off base, you weren’t allowed off base unvaccinated.

Just a real pain to not be vaccinated, so I went ahead and got it, got paid, and then was able to move freely and not wear a mask.

Do I think the vaccine works? No.
Do I think vaccines are dangerous? No.
Do I think masks work? No.
Do I think social distancing works? No.
Do I believe anybody in the government about anything Covid related? No.

Old 12-05-2021, 02:13 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
Can't be because those people now that are dying are the ones not vaccinated right? Yeah the immunocompromised vaccinated ones like cancer patients but 90% of the people that are dying are unvaccinated. You tell me how to end it.
25 of 33 covid deaths in VT in September were vaccinated.

Old 12-05-2021, 07:26 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
25 of 33 covid deaths in VT in September were vaccinated.
You have a source for that info?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies