Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 10:23 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,865,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheReset View Post
I really want these escaped teenagers to be interviewed by a news reporter. I want to know how they felt as they were forcibly taken by the Australian Defense Forces to the camp. I'd like to know about their experience in the camp, and about why they decided to leave the camp. I'd also like to know if they were put back into the camp once they were arrested by police after their escape.

Yeah, hopefully Sky Australia can get a hold of them.

Great Screename BTW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2021, 09:40 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,865,177 times
COVID-Free Woman Recounts Time In Australian Quarantine Camp: ‘You Feel Like You’re In Prison, Like You’ve Done Something Wrong’

Quote:
“It’s horrible. It’s a horrible feeling,” Hodgson told Freddie Sayers of UnHerd. “You feel like you’re in prison. You feel like you’ve done something wrong. It’s inhumane what they’re doing. You are so small, they just overpower you. And you’re literally nothing. It’s like, ‘You do what we say, or you’re in trouble, we’ll lock you up for longer’. Yeah, they were even threatening me that if I was to do this again, ‘We will extend your time in here.’”

https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/03...omething-wrong

Meanwhile the Chief of the European Union Commission wants to ditch the Nuremberg Codes to get rid of pesky individual rights to vaccine mandates can be more easily enforced.

Wake up and smell the Fascism people.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:09 AM

382 posts, read 122,844 times
Yes, this is indeed real, tangible fascism. And it's happening incrementally. Boiling frog. Some of the nations in the world are taking incremental steps toward tyranny. This woman experienced this for herself. And while things may appear mild right now:

- It's only for 14 days
- Air conditioning
- Clean
- Fence is short / easy to get over / easy to escape

It all feels off to me. Can they decide to hold you longer? What if you repeatedly test negative and they continue to hold you anyway? Can you contact your lawyer? How much oversight is there over the actions of those running the camps?

Remember when we in the USA shut down most of the mental hospitals? Remember why?

Freedom of movement is a fundamental human right. We have to take it seriously when that right is taken away, even if for a "short" period of time or when the holding facilities are clean and comfortable. Prison is still prison.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:14 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,750,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheReset View Post
Yes, this is indeed real, tangible fascism. And it's happening incrementally. Boiling frog. Some of the nations in the world are taking incremental steps toward tyranny. This woman experienced this for herself. And while things may appear mild right now:

- It's only for 14 days
- Air conditioning
- Clean
- Fence is short / easy to get over / easy to escape

It all feels off to me. Can they decide to hold you longer? What if you repeatedly test negative and they continue to hold you anyway? Can you contact your lawyer? How much oversight is there over the actions of those running the camps?

Remember when we in the USA shut down most of the mental hospitals? Remember why?

Freedom of movement is a fundamental human right. We have to take it seriously when that right is taken away, even if for a "short" period of time or when the holding facilities are clean and comfortable. Prison is still prison.
This.

If you are not free to leave of your own will at any time you wish for any or no reason, it's a prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies