Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 08:02 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
The New York Post wrote an article. In that article they posed a question that George Stephanopoulos should have asked Alec Baldwin. It went something like this: "If the scene required you to put that gun to your head and pull the trigger would you have checked the gun first?" I think that's a fair question.

Mr. Baldwin should have physically removed all of the rounds that were in that gun to ensure that there weren't any live rounds in it. Before aiming and firing at a human being or even handling it while it was pointed in her direction. I'm sure that he would have noticed the difference as the dummy rounds have holes in them and rattle while the blank is crimped and looks entirely different from the others. If he can't tell the difference by looking at them then he's even stupider than I thought.

However, I would expect a bona fide armorer to object to an actor futzing with the gun and ammunition the armorer had just loaded. I'd let the actor watch me load the gun if desired. But if I looked around and saw that he had unloaded the gun I had previously loaded, I would take the gun from him, cuss him out, and reload it myself, and then hand it back to him.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 12-03-2021 at 08:15 PM..

Old 12-03-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
He seems to think that it might be. If Memory serves me correct he said he pulled the hammer. like almost cocking it, He moved it and aimed where she told him to and when it was done or at the end of the instructions he let go of the hammer part. The hammer is not suppose to make the bullet fire out. I really would like to know who put the bullet in?

That could only happen if the gun is defective. If so, that will be discovered before the trial.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Wholly crap do I ever agree. Not only do I agree I truly believe to be safe from now on no more using real guns. There is no reason why someone can't make a somewhat real looking plastic gun or at least hollow it out and nothing goes inside it. Just use a sound and move the arm like as if it was really fired. No one needs to see a real life gun on any movie or TV show.

Many productions are using non-working replicas and CGI to simulate firing. I'd be surprised if the CGI to simulate gunfire is more expensive than insurance, operating props, and union armorers, and particularly when the insurance rates go up after this incident.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:18 PM

10,433 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Many productions are using non-working replicas and CGI to simulate firing. I'd be surprised if the CGI to simulate gunfire is more expensive than insurance, operating props, and union armorers, and particularly when the insurance rates go up after this incident.
Just use real guns. George Clooney said it best always check your gun and show the people on set every single time its used. Baldwin didnt do it.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
Opinion piece by Maureen Callahan in todays NY Post : Alec Baldwin blames the victim in sickening interview

https://nypost.com/2021/12/03/alec-b...ing-interview/
I can't believe he talked to the press and then did this interview. I'm pretty sure he must have hired an attorney who would have told him to zip it.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:10 AM

1,192 posts, read 615,484 times
I didn't read this entire thread so all I have to say is I think Baldwin must have had a nervous breakdown of some sort and is unable to face realities. Of course he pulled the trigger, a gun doesn't go off by itself.

I never liked Alec Baldwin ever since he was married to Basinger and abused both her and their daughter (i.e.: calling his daughter a pig).

If and I repeat the "if" word, he didn't have a nervous breakdown then he is following a script that his lawyer gave him. He's an actor after all.

I have no idea how he could live with himself.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:21 AM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZdXGX61pao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HRTyQxt4dw

Old 12-04-2021, 06:25 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
of course he pulled the trigger , that doesnt however mean he is responsible , it appears like he is not responsible and i do feel sorry for the guy but saying " I didnt pull the trigger " makes him look foolish

Old 12-04-2021, 06:29 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If he didn't do it, who did? Trump?

Old 12-04-2021, 06:35 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
But I just can't stand Alec Baldwin, I never could. I alway considered him to be an arrogant, condescending, sanctimonious, pompous swine. So that obviously influences my opinions about him. Now it's all coming back to haunt him. Mr. Baldwin would be the first to make fun of, ridicule and insult someone like Wayne LaPierre if the same had happened to him. What goes around comes around and now he's getting what's coming to him. It's just too bad that someone had to die because of it. I sure as hell hope that he gets it but good.
I never liked Alec Baldwin because I thought he was condescending & arrogant as well.

I do not wish him to "get it but good" however I understand many will feel like you do.
I can only hope for him that he learns some valuable lessons from this incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies