Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2021, 11:59 PM

24,624 posts, read 9,449,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Remember the first few days after this happened, when people were vehemently arguing that a "prop gun" isn't a real gun?

Anyone still arguing that?

Great example of the media forcing a narrative in order to cover for a friend.
Yup, that narrative ended when they found out the "prop gun" is a real gun and the "fake ammo" is live ammo with a bullet removed. Then they found out there were multiple real guns on set for "fun" and that really ended the narrative.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:35 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
But... what if you pull the hammer back halfway, with your finger nowhere near the trigger? The let the hammer slip out from under your thumb? Would the hammer snap back down to the bottom of its arc, even if you're not pulling the trigger at all? And if there's a live round in the chamber under the hammer, might the hammer still have enough force to drive the firing pin into the primer and set off the charge in the cartridge?

Could this be what happened on the movie set?
No.

See this post.

Old 12-06-2021, 04:17 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Release the videos!

Old 12-06-2021, 06:30 AM

4,534 posts, read 2,669,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It was rehearsal. Perhaps after the camera was set up they were going to go straight from rehearsal into the filming. He was supposed to only draw the gun, not to pull the trigger or the hammer.
Never point a firearm at anything unless you're prepared to destroy it.

Keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until you are ready to fire.

All guns are always loaded, all the time.

Always control where a gun is pointing, including all objects downrange.

Always confirm the loading status of a firearm when you take hold of it.

These are basic rules of firearm safety. It absolutely boggles the mind that people are allowed to operate firearms in a commercial setting without having been trained in them; tested to confirm the training was properly done and absorbed; and regularly retrained and retested. If you have to have that training, testing, and periodic recertification to operate a fork truck or a chain hoist, how is it not required for firearms being used commercially? Even if health and safety laws don't explicitly require such training, how could anyone in charge of a commercial operation where firearms are being used, not ensure that such training is done, purely from the avoidance of liability?

There were multiple people involved here, who are clearly too stupid and/or arrogant to ever be entrusted with any kind of supervision of other people. They all need the multi-day mandatory safety training, complete with horrific photos and videos.

Old 12-06-2021, 07:13 AM

32 posts, read 14,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Is alex baldwin the guy in that coffee is for closers scene? Of course why would he admit. The entitled liberal elite would come out unscathed. Law enforcement is strongest in people eho cant afford good lawyers.

Old 12-06-2021, 07:17 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Unfortunately, the idiot still has another account open so this doesn't mean much at all. A narcissist like him could never completely eliminate social media from their lives.

Alec Baldwin deletes Twitter account following tell-all interview about fatal 'Rust' shooting

I still have a sinking feeling that in the end, this sociopath will not face proper justice. Remember, celebrity/wealth trumps all. IF he is brought up on charges and found responsible, the 'punishment' will be a slap on the wrist.

In an ideal world, not only would this idiot face stiff legal punishment, but the myriad of lawsuits would also drain him of the $60 million fortune he's supposedly worth.

Old 12-06-2021, 07:25 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's a completely mechanical instrument. It doesn't fire unless someone fires it. Despite what people who share Alec's political persuasion think, guns don't kill people.
So by that logic, neither do drugs, right. Legalize all of them. Drugs don't kill people unless someone takes them.

FWIW, I don't believe Baldwin either. If he were telling the truth, why did it take weeks to come out?

I don't think he "murdered" anyone either, the gun should not have been loaded, and since that is a strict policy, he could depend on that. Someone either messed up, or intentionally sabatoged. That's my best guess.

Old 12-06-2021, 08:26 AM

23,552 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So by that logic, neither do drugs, right. Legalize all of them. Drugs don't kill people unless someone takes them.
Not the same thing by any means.

But hey, if you want drugs legalized like guns are then you would agree that every single time anyone wants to purchase a drug then they should have to go through the same processes as it takes to buy, own, carry and use a gun. For every purchase they will have to fill out the government forms, have an ID, allow the government to do a background check on them, get permits, etc. Right?

Quote:
FWIW, I don't believe Baldwin either. If he were telling the truth, why did it take weeks to come out?

I don't think he "murdered" anyone either, the gun should not have been loaded, and since that is a strict policy, he could depend on that. Someone either messed up, or intentionally sabatoged. That's my best guess.
Baldwin was negligent in many aspects of the matter and especially in his careless handling of the gun.

I doubt he was telling the truth about her telling him to point the gun at her. Since the time it had happened there had been many on that set who'd discussed what had happened. Not a single one of them stated that she'd told him to do that.

Old 12-06-2021, 08:44 AM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Baldwin knows he's in trouble ,so he is tossing " shade " on the lifeless cold chunk of iron in his hands.

Old 12-06-2021, 08:52 AM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
If someone at a range handed me a revolver ( like Baldwin says happens ),then said it's cold and I turned and shot at someone 10 feet away and killed them...You can bet your life on the fact I would have been arrested and in the Can.and not travelling out of state to Vermont to ski then another state New York.to eat out and shop and plead my case in an active investigation to. National audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies